UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

TBC visuals for Sword of the stranger and Tokyo Ghoul jack ova's from @anime France, I suppose it will be the same visuals for UK.
I hope the visual for Sword of the stranger will get some adjustments, especially for the spine, don't make the same mistake as Patema, Title on the spine please (Not just on the O-card).

LI4ZaUDl.jpg

Ct3Ujj4l.jpg

AL podcast #29 ft. Jeremy Greeves, Jeremy Groves, Jeremy Griff and Jeremy Gravay.
Timestamps:
00:00 - 03:00 Intro
03:00 - 06:18 Cinema news
06:18 - 09:23 Event news
09:25 - 11:38 Titles releasing soon
11:38 - 43:10 Q3 title updates
---Random Topic Box---
43:10 - 51:14 What is your favourite convention anecdote?
51:14 - 55:00 Acceptable flavours of ice creams vs unaccepted flavours of ice cream
55:00 - 01:00:18 Have you ever read a visual novel featuring eroge content

Apparently there will be a Deluxe Edition for Your Name which hasn't listed yet with a 100 page booklet and the soundtrack. The CE is getting either the soundtrack or the booklet which hasn't been decided yet. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That podcast basically confirmed that the Anime ltd release won't have the 4K BD, glad I got the JP set then. It's a bit of a shame but you can't have everything due to the high cost of accessing the 4K master.

That podcast basically confirmed that the Anime ltd release won't have the 4K BD, glad I got the JP set then. It's a bit of a shame but you can't have everything due to the high cost of accessing the 4K master.
They also said that the 4k BD might not have subs.

I rather get the soundtrack personally... I mean I heard some podcast where they said it was included in the CE.
As I said the CE is getting either the soundtrack or the booklet, not both. I could've completely misunderstood something though.

I rather get the soundtrack personally...

I mean I heard some podcast where they said it was included in the CE.
It's explicitly included in the Amazon product listing for the CE.

Mitsuha and Taki are total strangers living completely different lives. But when Mitsuha makes a wish to leave her mountain town for the bustling city of Tokyo, they become connected in a bizarre way. She dreams she is a boy living in Tokyo while Taki dreams he is a girl from a rural town he’s never visited.

What does their newfound connection mean? And how will it bring them together? Find out in the latest film from the acclaimed auteur Makoto Shinkai.

Contains the film on Blu-Ray and DVD with both the English dub and the original Japanese track with English subtitles. Presented in collectors packaging and also includes a CD of the film soundtrack by RADWIMPS.

Extras/Episodes:
Film on Blu-Ray and DVD
Collectors Packaging
Soundtrack CD

They also said that the 4k BD might not have subs.

As I said the CE is getting either the soundtrack or the booklet, not both. I could've completely misunderstood something though.

Oh, I'm not doubting you at all.

I just listened to their podcast from like 1 month ago, where they all said amazon price was amazing and we better pre order it asap cause they can't produce unlimited OST CD's.

My point is them changing ideas..

edit:
thanks @Buzz201

Would be kinda ''low'' to give us a book instead at this stage, nothing against them but still..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No problem after all. Nice.

Last edited:
I just listened to it again and it's the Deluxe Edition that's not finalised, yet. The CE gets the soundtrack.
On the bright side of things, we're getting a good amount of extras for A Silent Voice.

@Jeremy Graves I was wondering if the SRP for Erased has been confirmed? It's been listed as 59.99 but I thought there were discussions to bring it down to 39.99? Your help is really appreciated :)

As it turns out - producing a really nice Collector's Edition cost more than we'd like (aside from I would say nicer packaging than the US version, we translated more of the book than the US version so there are two English language exclusive interviews in it from the Japanese manga artist and others.

Other things to keep in mind:
  • A - There will be an early bird special with a price I think folks will be OK with (spoiler, less than the revised SRP discussed).
  • B - I will be pushing for a Standard Part 1 and Standard Part 2 much quicker than usual to give choice too (up to the licensor if they can accept or not but I see no reason not to as long other territories pricing so you'd be looking at the £21.99 / £24.99 mark when that happens if you just want the disc and an amray).
In the meantime expect some online outlets to watch it too :)!

Sorry about this but at the end of the day we've got to make sure we don't make a loss too and the early bird will definitely help I'd say :).

Best,

Andrew

As it turns out - producing a really nice Collector's Edition cost more than we'd like (aside from I would say nicer packaging than the US version, we translated more of the book than the US version so there are two English language exclusive interviews in it from the Japanese manga artist and others.

• A - There will be an early bird special with a price I think folks will be OK with (spoiler, less than the revised SRP discussed).
  • B - I will be pushing for a Standard Part 1 and Standard Part 2 much quicker than usual to give choice too (up to the licensor if they can accept or not but I see no reason not to as long other territories pricing so you'd be looking at the £21.99 / £24.99 mark when that happens if you just want the disc and an amray).

Sorry about this but at the end of the day we've got to make sure we don't make a loss too and the early bird will definitely help I'd say :).

Best,

Andrew
What will the price of ERASED part 2 be?

Best,

Andrew

No need to apologise, appreciate the extra effort put into the product. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the EB :)

Last edited:
Back