Your viewing journal

Demonbane OVA

Atom: The Beginning - Episodes 11 & 12 [Final]

After being pretty mediocre for most of its run, the final episode of Atom was actually pretty good imho.

Made in Abyss ep1-2

This is quite something - maybe it's because I saw it and immediately thought 'Cave Story', but its atmosphere and approach to storytelling strikes me as more akin to the kind of distinctive vision you'd get in an indie game than typical anime fare. I'm unsure how to feel about its darker undercurrents though. It feels like I'm watching it with the constant anticipation that something horrible is about to happen.

Strawberry Marshmallow-Episodes 3-6

I appreciated the effort to flesh Miu out by giving some context to her picking on Ana. It was unexpected and very appreciated!

Princess Principal-Episode 2

I really love all this spy and espionage stuff, it's far better and more unique than a run of the mill action show. End of the episode was intriging too, I'm curious to see where Ange's allegiances really lie.

Fate/Apocrypha-Episode 3

Still waiting on Ruler to do something!

Black Lagoon season 2 complete. A much darker season than the first, but still great none the less.

Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail complete. More fun with killer Maid from the first season.

And that's all the episodes on Netflix done before it goes Tomorrow! Thanks to whoevers post I saw letting us know.

Last edited:
Hunter x Hunter episodes 76-96 Damn the Chimera Ant Arc is dark in places, like the tonal shift.

Also on a somber note RIP to the legendary George A. Romero, his impact on horror and film was immeasurable. Dawn of the Dead is still my favourite Zombie film.

Watched a bit over the last few days:

Ep 15 of Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul
Ep 2 of Chronos Ruler
Eps 2-3 of Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
Ep 3 of Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu
Ep 2 of Vatican Kiseki Chousakan
Ep 2 of Hitorijime My Hero...glad they are incorporating the prequel manga Hitorijime Boyfriend into the anime.
Ep 2 of Dive!!
Ep 2 of Saiyuki Reload Blast
Ep 2 of Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou
Ep 2 of Welcome to the Ballroom...glad they have creepy smiles in the anime just like they are in the manga.

Amagami SS episodes 21–24 (complete) + OVA 1

So, wait... hang on a minute.

BIG SPOILER:
That first OVA... So, in this arc, this Risa character turns out to be the source of all of Junichi's misery... and he accepts that her actions are all just down to how much she cares about him? o_O:confused:o_O:confused:o_O

Dear god, help us all.

A week or so of anime...

Chronos Ruler ep 1. Kinda boring.

FullMetal Alchemist ep 1-??. I'm watching this using the 'marathon mode' on the blurays, so I'm not entirely sure what episode I'm up to (best guess is around ep 30). The story is both familiar and completely different from Brotherhood at the same time, which is not what I expected. I always thought the first half was the same as FMAB, and then diverged in the second half, but instead it's a very different story with some characters being unrecognisable or even missing completely. I'm enjoying it though, even if the humour is a little too slapstick for my tastes.

Knight's & Magic ep 2-3. Uninspired otaku wish fulfilment (minus harem), but I like it regardless.

Love & Lies ep 1-2. Was quite a dull and sickly-sweet forbidden romance story, until Sanada was introduced. Now it's at least got a little bit of potential to be interesting.

Restaurant to Another World ep 1-2. The first episode was food p*rn with occasional fanservice. The second was food p*rn with some nice little character stories. I'm hoping the rest of this series will be more like the second episode than the first.

Sagrada Reset ep 15.

Eureka Seven (English dub) - Episodes 31-35

So in case you didn't notice I have finally decided to continue Eureka Seven after a 3 year 2 month hiatus. The reason was because I didn't have the second half (27-50) all these years until I bought the set last February. Decided to watch it now as Hi-Evolution is incoming and was in the mood to finish it off in my long backlog.

So I re-watched episode 26 and continued from there. I'm aiming to watch 5 episodes a day.

Strawberry Marshmallow-Episodes 7-9

I can't help but feel they push Miu too far in the direction of annoying and unlikable. Sure, she gets a lot of the best gags, but at some point you have to wonder why Chika and the others even hang around with her.

Tower of Druaga: The Sword of Uruk-Episodes 1-4

This seems just as passably okay as the first season.

Back