Different distributors, different special editions

Watanabe Ken

Magical Girl
Here's an idea scrap the double play, scrap the poster and art cards and give us and art book. If other companies can do it for a similar price why can't Manga? Id rather them come out and say hey we don't have the staff who can put together content for a booklet rather than just saying its expensive. Yes its expensive but so is your collectors edition so give us something worthwhile.
Mvm don't have the staff but it doesn't stop them e.g lull in the sea

A Lull in the Sea was a clone of NISA's set. Meaning there wasn't really any work to put into it other than preparing manufactoring for the materials/set.

We should be comparing this instead to Anime Limited who alot of the time translate the JP booklets from their LEs, and they offer the set at the same price Manga want. Same amount of effort required yet one doesn't want to do it to charge the price

A Lull in the sea was a direct Copy of the NISA set and MVM don't make their own art books though they deserve credit for bringing this over. If Manga Had access to Sentai's art book they could have done a scaled down version which would have been fine.

A Lull in the sea was a direct Copy of the NISA set and MVM don't make their own art books though they deserve credit for bringing this over. If Manga Had access to Sentai's art book they could have done a scaled down version which would have been fine.
They probably due have access to material for a artbook they just to lazy to even try mvm gave us a sound track art cards and duel format collectors edition with no game no life at a reasonable price and they said they tried to get trading cards for it but the company didn't get back to them and there only a two man team compared to that manga attempt at a collectors edition is a sick joke I would rather they just stop trying and gave us a cheap standard edition

I believe A Lull In The Sea was more than a clone; MVM participated (presumably financially) in the creation of the US edition itself then brought the same materials across for us with a few minor changes on the box. It's a shame NISA have gone silent as I'd have loved to see more experiments pooling the resources of the UK/Australian/US companies to make a great product for everyone rather than letting the US do whatever and feeding off what remains.

Manganimatsu tend to use existing assets created for the US but when they make their own stuff it hasn't always worked so well. They don't value the same things in a CE that most(?) buyers seem to.

R

MVM just copies already released releases don't they? They don't put much work into them except placing their logo on it and making the art cases thinner.

MVM just copies already released releases don't they? They don't put much work into them except placing their logo on it and making the art cases thinner.
They also release them dirt cheap, at the same time as the standard editions, not months in advance, you can't forget that.

From a quick check of my space dandy and no game no life artboxs I can see no difference in sturdyness as for the logo I couldn't care less I'd rather save the money than have a clear spine

And don't forget about
Your also forgetting about there collectors edition of berserk they actually gave us a chipboard box unlike the madman who got a flimsy cardboard box and it was only £35 madman release is going for about £59 on there site

And don't forget about

Your also forgetting about there collectors edition of berserk they actually gave us a chipboard box unlike the madman who got a flimsy cardboard box and it was only £35 madman release is going for about £59 on there site
Still a copied release, no new/alternate assets required for approval.

And don't forget about

And pretty much everyone only paid £28 for Berserk anyway thanks to the January sale.

From a quick check of my space dandy and no game no life artboxs I can see no difference in sturdyness as for the logo I couldn't care less I'd rather save the money than have a clear spine

Space Dandy is an AL release not an MVM.

NGNL box is smaller as it doesn't include the extras box that the US got.

Space Dandy is an AL release not an MVM.

NGNL box is smaller as it doesn't include the extras box that the US got.
Yeah I know he said MVM artboxs are thinner than Anime Limiteds boxs so I check one of each. By the way the no game no life box is bigger than the space dandy one and just as sturdy

@Watanabe Ken
Let's take A Lull in the Sea for example which they supposedly co-produced with NISA

NISA release:
1KDYCzT.jpg

MVM release:
PlJR4sS.jpg

Back