Your viewing journal

Yesterday:

Claymore
-Episodes 23-26 (Rewatch) (Complete)

Review should be up soon!

Today:

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
-Episodes 23-25 (Complete)

Really liked the ending. I was going to have a complain about how Lelouch was being a massive ******** towards the end, but it all made sense in the finale. I am both very curious and kind of worried about the upcoming third season. The ending here was very conclusive, and it really doesn't feel like there's any room for a sequel. I do hope there's actually a good story to tell and they're not just attempting to cash in on the name by pumping out a new season.

Gabriel Dropout-Episode 3

Another really funny episode! I'm not sure if it's just me, but something about this show's comedy just really gels with me, and I'm constantly laughing along with it. Satania once again steals the show, although I think Gabriel got the best gags in this one.

Dance in the Vampire Bund-Episode 1

An enjoyable and unconventional first episode.

Last edited:
Oops, Forgotten about posting what I've watched over the past week or so!

You and Me, Episodes 5 - 6
Nyanko Days, Episode 2
ēlDLIVE, Episode 2
OneRoom, Episodes 1 - 2
Interviews With Monster Girls, Episode 2
Piacevole, Episodes 1 - 2

Currently rewatching Kill la Kill.

Who'd have thought such a winning concept could come out of a pun on the Japanese word for "cut" (kiru), the Japanese word for "wear" (kiru again), and the Japanese pronunciation of the English word "kill" (also kiru).

God, I love this series so much.

WitchCraft Work (eps 1-6 rewatch) - I still love this series and it pains me that there is no western release. I still have hope one day I may own it on blu ray.
Gurren Lagan (eps 1-5) finally time to watch it 10 years after I originally started it.

Dance in the Vampire Bund-Episodes 2-8

At the start of episode 2, I was thinking "Wow, this really looks like a Shaft show" so I looked it up and it turns out it actually is a Shaft show. That's a nice surprise. Anyway, this still seems pretty alright, nothing amazing. I like Mina a bunch, shes's quite an interesting and multifaceted character, but the MC is on the bland side and not overly interesting. I did think this was going to be more a vampire action series, but its more of a drama. Still, it's interesting enough to keep my attention.

ACCA 13-Episode 3

Things look like they're moving forward a bit more now. I wonder if something is actually going to go down in the next episode or it'll take more time.

Last edited:
Finally someone watching Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinju. Are you enjoying it?
When it was airing I dropped it after the first episode but with 2nd season coming out I decided to give it another go, I'm glad I did really enjoying it. I had planned to finish season one off yesterday but didn't have enough time to, hopefully I'll finish it off tonight and make a start on the new season.

When it was airing I dropped it after the first episode but with 2nd season coming out I decided to give it another go, I'm glad I did really enjoying it. I had planned to finish season one off yesterday but didn't have enough time to, hopefully I'll finish it off tonight and make a start on the new season.

Actually I came across the show by some kind of review from Bob Samurai of the 1st ep. I'm really glad I did follow is advice for this one. The show is great. I've never heard about Rakugo before and its just too great to not be experienced I guess. My brother is in Japan now and he told me he went to a Rakugo session but in English, it was cool.

Anyway, the show is really cool and different and I've really enjoying the 2nd season but nobody seems to talk about it even though the score on MAL is quite high.

Record of Lodoss War OVA 01-07
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 01 & 02 By far the best of the season so far
Little Witch Academia 01 and half of episode 2 as it's not for me.

Roll on 17:30 as I'm off to see Ghost in the Shell, boy am I looking foward to it as I missed it by 3 days back in '95 and have been kicking myself ever since I bought the vhs on release day.

Dance in the Vampire Bund-Episodes 9 and 10

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid-Episode 3

Kanna is too adorable, my heart can't take it.

KonoSuba-Episode 3

Last edited:
Actually I came across the show by some kind of review from Bob Samurai of the 1st ep. I'm really glad I did follow is advice for this one. The show is great. I've never heard about Rakugo before and its just too great to not be experienced I guess. My brother is in Japan now and he told me he went to a Rakugo session but in English, it was cool.

Anyway, the show is really cool and different and I've really enjoying the 2nd season but nobody seems to talk about it even though the score on MAL is quite high.
I would love to go and watch a Rakugo session one day. I'm hoping they might do a live action movie or series one day.

Ghost in the Shell at the cinema. I'll say this, I will give GITS 10 out of 10 every time I see it (unusually for me dubbed or subbed as I'm normally a sub kind a guy), but OMFG its SOOO worth seeing on the big screen, not only dose it look as good as anything to come out today (as I've seen over 30 anime films and TV series at the cinema, thanks to Sci-Fi London's Anime all nighter's) but it sounds amazing too, that unique OST booming out is amazing! The whole cinema experience was sooo worth it! I just wish I'd of made it to see it back in 1995 so I could of compared the two versions, no question this version would of blown the 90's version out the water due to the higher quality picture.

Did I say I like Ghost In The Shell?

Last edited:
Back