The official Shonen thread, for all ur Nartonepieceach needs

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
incase you didn't get my wonderful word play that looks like some sort of German rock song. Here's the place to discuss the latest happenings in Naruto, One Piece and Bleach.

So Naruto has gone all emo on us Killing off Asuma and from what i've heard, more are too follow

Bleach has finally ended it's filler stage too with a wonderfully boring recap episode to most people, but made me realise, hang on i've missed half of the Hecro Mondo arc here

And One Piece.... um i'm still on episode 3, i'll move on for now :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Naruto - Yep - Yeah they kill off, well they have killed off asuma, its a revenge storyline, allowing Shikamaru to show how skilled he is by working out the enemies so called immortality and kill him thus surpassing his mentor and becoming a 'squad leader'

Bleach finally back on track been looking forward to this, bring on Nel ;)

For those of us not following the manga (and I'm not going to start now) it's the only way to find out what happens next. It's Masochistically bad viewing at times, but I'll stick with it anyway.

-and before anyone says it, yes that does make me a Narutard.

I walked away from Bleach and Naruto. I realised I didn't care about the Bleach characters, at all, near the beginning of the filler arc that randomly happens. Renji appeared in the last episode I watched, I believe. I found it amusing that another loli liked Ichigo, though. Heck, I was enjoying the filler more than the Hueco Mundo arc.

Same applies to Naruto. I gave up during the filler. But, to be honest, I already had read about 80 chapters further than where they were, and it obviously wasn't progressing. I did somewhat enjoy where the manga was. I haven't read it since somewhere just above 400.

I do still miss the music of them.

One Piece is amazing, in every way. The manga especially, I'm a few weeks behind on both anime [depending on the subber] and the manga. However, Oda certainly knows how to plan his story arcs.

Lastly:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JPcpAGlXblg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JPcpAGlXblg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Naruto and Bleach are really bad now, actually naw, that's being too nice, they're terrible. Though whenever Hachi appears in Naruto it's instantly worth reading. Bleach is only good for the character designs now, I used to think Bleach was a masterpiece back in the day, it's fallen from what it once was by a lot. One Piece is the only manga out of the three still going strong and not failing, god damn, the latest events that occured... 8=====D~~~

Feel free to disagree, providing you've read all of them of course! [I don't watch the anime for any of them, just the manga, so I can't talk about the anime, naturally.]

I dropped the Naruto manga a little while ago, realising that i just couldn't be bothered reading it (epseically since it seemed to be focusing on Sasuke a lot more)

One Piece i'll admit to having not read yet, so please don't kill me for that :p

Bleach for me lately has been up and down, a lot of pointless chapters followed by some that have been enjoyable (not as good as the earlier stuff in the SS Arc but still good) Though in honesty i'm hoping that Tite ends it after this latest Arc (once Aizen is dead of course) It feels like a natural place to end it.

I keep on hearing about how everyone is dropping Naruto and Bleach. I dropped Naruto when it hit the filler arc in Shippuuden, and I dropped Bleach until it was out of the latest filler arc. I'll watch 10 or so more episodes before I make my decision to drop it or not.

One Piece is great as always.

One Piece has never let me down yet, especially in the manga, and I don't think it will with the arrival of the final Shichibukai Member, Boa Hancock... also, the arc with the eleven supernovas was awesome. I hope we see more of them and find out what Kuma said to "The Dark King" which he couldn't say in front of Kizaru. The anime is as fun as ever though I see a filler arc coming. Not that the One Piece filler was ever "Terrible". Can't wait for this week's chapter.

The Bleach anime hasen't been too bad... The Grimmjow vs Ichigo fight was surprisingly epic. Also, I'm looking forward to the Nnoitora vs Zaraki battle. The manga has been a pain in the ass. It keeps dragging out and evading the battle between the Soul Society Captains/Lieutenants and The Espada, and it keeps dodging the last 3 Espada's ranks (though it's obvious if you think about it...).

Naruto. Naruto, Naruto, Naruto. Okay, I'll admit, the manga has gotten a much better and has kept me interested since the Team Hawk Vs 8 tails. Also, the Konoha invasion lead by Pain isn't too bad so far. The main thing about the manga I'm happy with so far is that Kishimoto is holding Kabuto/Orochimaru back. When he finally does appear, someone had better die ^^.
As for the anime... one big cash-cow that keeps getting dragged out. DIE ALREADY ASUMA.

OOOOO goody, Shonen, my favorite Anime category...

I really fail to see why people are always complaning about fillers and that in Naruto and Bleach. As far as I am concerned, fillers just make a great show longer. Fillers, to me are sidestories that, maybe arent quite as good as the main story, but are still a very good watch over many, many other, not as enjoyable shows I might be watching.

As for One Piece, no comment. I have never seen it, nor do I intend to unless I randomly decide pirates arent lame anymore:p

Note: I am going on about Anime here, I havn't read any Manga.

I'm with you on this I love some of the fillers, ok so some suck but you could say that about a lot of the story arc eps too, I mean I am a total Naruto fan but when a fight last 4-5 eps I think i'd rather see it shortened and have some filler eps instead.

Never watched One Piece. Having Naruto & Bleach to watch is enough Shonen for anyone to handle. I get so tired of them sometimes. Problem is, I've put so much time and effort into following Ichigo and Naruto, I feel I now have to see it through to the end.

(Also very happy Bleach is getting on with it now) :p

So i watched Ep 191 of bleach last night and i really can't be arsed with Renji and Ishida's fight. It's purely there for comic releaf

However the Ichigo battle is bearing fruit and next week we get to see Nel's true form \o/

ah well bring on the next naruto ep

Hikaru no Go is a joke of a shonen. It's amazing to see the characters magically age, without noticing and the story develop but.. It's about a Japanese board game, and it has one of the worst main character designs, ever [Sai].

I hate Obata.

Detective Conan is also good, when I occasionally watch an episode.

And, I also need to finish off Eyeshield 21, eventually. It was not a bad watch for 80-something episodes.

Takeshi Obata is a terrible manga-ka, all his characters mostly look the same and all males have emo haircuts.

Maxon said:
Devilman?

Yes, but only the OVAs. I need to finish the mango!

Also, anyone read Hunter X Hunter? The best series in Jump, currently!?

Shounen wise, One piece obviously, still many chapters behind but catching up when i can.

Naruto wise, fully up-to-date with the manga, which is finally not focusing primarily on sasuke, now that pain has attacked konoha and naruto doesn't seem to be on his way back yet, seems a bit interesting again. Anime wise, only 100 episodes in nearly, gonna finish after the actual story finishes, not watching mass amounts of filler.

Bleach also isn't to bad at the momentAll the battles going on now, some have pretty darn obvious results, some a little surprising but obvious a bit as well, just wish they'd finally get to ichigo vs ulquorria though

Only other one i follow now is Psyren from SJ, which isn't to bad either. I did follow double arts, which i found interesting, until they cancelled it, which was annoying specially with it being fairly original

Back