Zero No Tsukaima (Okay, maybe I forgot the english name >

Ammish

Stand User
Anyway, I've been recentley watching a anime series called Zero No Tsukaima. If any of you out there don't know what it is, it's like an anime version of Harry Potter (Minus the dark lord and plus the Fanservice...)

I got to say, it's pretty excellent, and I think the main character's seiyuu is the same as Shana... (you can wrong me on that one).

It's pretty excellent imo, and wondered what is your opinions on it.

Shame this isn't released in America yet (if only Geneon still lives today)

I liked Zero No Tsukaima although I never finished watching the second season :/
Although it was getting a bit tedious as by the end I just wanted Saito to whack Louise round the head with his sword and say "I’m leaving going bitch!" >_> But other than that I thought it was good and I was pleased to hear that the light novel series it comes from have been licensed for English release.

damn i forgot it was Geneon that was releasing it :(

definatly worth a view if u like fantasy comedy (specially if you are a negima fan)

Though i just pray they make a 3rd series or it will end up hurting the show if they leave it with the ending it had

First season = Awesome!
Second season = Good but not as awesome.

The reason i thought of this is that they crammed to much into the 12 or so episodes that they did, this made it so they couldnt focus properly on one subject matter.
I do believe they will be making a third series (I HOPE!) continuing on the story. So in answer to your first post...
Yes the series is great!
Yes they are the same voice actor!
Yes (<- yes not needed) It is being dubbed currently i think :S

I love Zero No Tsukaima, I was put onto it earlier in the year thanks to someone from this very site, the humour is well timed and the relationship between the main characters always makes me smile. I especially enjoyed how Louise treats Saito when he looks at other girls as it shows her feelings for him.

As for series 2, its a bit darker than the first series concentrating on the war and what everyone is willing to sacrifice. Ending With Saito drugging Louise so she can't fight and standing before the invading army knowing he will die, its a touching moment as he says good bye to he sword and then rushes into battle alone as the army and innocents retreat to saftey.

Series three is a definate though as season 2's ending has left a lot of questions unanswered in a way season 2 could have been extended to a 24 ep run instead of only 12 to complete the story without making us wait for the next series to begin.

Last edited by a moderator:
McIcy said:
Taylor said:
McIcy just to correct that statement :)
Louise is Zero (Zero spells cast) the guy is called Saito (i think thats how its spelt) :D

Cheers I've amended my post so it should make more sense now

Heh no problemo mate, as i am a big fan i couldnt have that mistake left! :p

McIcy said:
Well thats is definately a way to start the day, with a huge smile on my face from hearing that great news, bring on series 3

Knew youd like it :D
I had a bad waking up today :( When i awoke my lip felt really wierd and for some reason its swollen... LOL! Strange occurences! :p

Re: Zero No Tsukaima (Okay, maybe I forgot the english name

Chrono Kitty said:
Anyway, I've been recentley watching a anime series called Zero No Tsukaima. If any of you out there don't know what it is, it's like an anime version of Harry Potter (Minus the dark lord and plus the Fanservice...)

I got to say, it's pretty excellent, and I think the main character's seiyuu is the same as Shana... (you can wrong me on that one).

It's pretty excellent imo, and wondered what is your opinions on it.

Shame this isn't released in America yet (if only Geneon still lives today)
If you're into moe, tsundere, loli and all that stuff, you'll like it. The comedy is average since it's what most anime fans look for nowadays. The plot of the first season is at least coherent, but the second season makes no sense whatsoever.

It has been licensed (can't remember who by) and the English name is Zero's Familiar. Also, the cast is pretty much exactly the same as Shakugan no Shana.

Why do people call it an anime version of Harry Potter? There are other works of literature and media that have magic academies. Hell, I have a series of books that does magic academy stuff way better than Harry Potter.

I think the 2nd season will make a lot more sense when the 3rd season gets released as a lot of the open story will finally get tied up.

Yer i hope so. I also hope they bring a bit more comedy and romance between the 2 main characters into the next series, maybe with a bit less action.

Taylor said:
Yer i hope so. I also hope they bring a bit more comedy and romance between the 2 main characters into the next series, maybe with a bit less action.

Yeah there were a few good moments in the 2nd season when Saito confesses his feelings at Louise's home but then it all just gets forgotten arggghhhhh so close to kissing but lets face it an anime is over once the heroes get together

Last edited by a moderator:
McIcy said:
I think the 2nd season will make a lot more sense when the 3rd season gets released as a lot of the open story will finally get tied up.
If you're talking about the second half of the season, yes. The first half has no bearing on the whole series, and is utterly pointless as a result.

Back