Zavvi's Sale - Notes of possible Interest

CopperAlloy

Completely Average High School Student
Being British, most of you guys would know about Zavvi, formally Virgin Megastores, is undergoing financial problems during this ever-mentioned "Credit Crunch". They are currently trying to sell everything as quickly as they can to make up for debts, and this is where we may take an advantage.

Today, I brought a DVD of Spirited Away for £5.98, whereas if I were to buy it on Amazon, it would cost me something along the lines of 7.99. I also saw copies of the various Robotech series (All three of them) for £8.99 each, which are often sold for as much as £20 as where.

Just thought this was something worth mentioning. The store in Nottingham has a large collection of Naruto, Ghost in the Shell and other Anime series, so other branches may do too and will also be selling them cheaper.

I've never seen Spirited Away being sold for more than a fiver before in high street shops.

Anyway I might check it out but I doubt the price drops will be that dramatic.

Sy said:
I've never seen Spirited Away being sold for more than a fiver before in high street shops.

Anyway I might check it out but I doubt the price drops will be that dramatic.
For more or less than a fiver?
price drops wasn't so dramatic, but they got loads of stuff with better prices than some online stores.

Well i had a look at the Zavi in the retail park and was disappointed with the lack of reduced prices, i'm hoping the one in Middlesbrough will provide more but their range was Maruto and Ghibli with some added ADV titles

Sy said:
chaos said:
Like I said. Most of the time you can pick it up for about £4.99 or around that.
maybe I'm watching the wrong sites them. Ive been waiting for a few ghibli titles to get below a fiver for some time. Spirited away is one of them.

I'll be taking advantage of this. Might get some boxsets since I haven't bought any anime in months.
chaos said:
Sy said:
chaos said:
Like I said. Most of the time you can pick it up for about £4.99 or around that.
maybe I'm watching the wrong sites them. Ive been waiting for a few ghibli titles to get below a fiver for some time. Spirited away is one of them.
Shops. Not internet.

Ah, i had heard that Zavvi was another one to go into administration, so thats what they've had to do then, hopefully it'll earn them what they need, but i can see it being a close one to call for them as well. Annoyingly the Zavvi on princes street is closed, and has been for a while, so i don't know where the closest one is to me, otherwise i would've gone already.

Arbalest said:
Ah, i had heard that Zavvi was another one to go into administration, so thats what they've had to do then, hopefully it'll earn them what they need, but i can see it being a close one to call for them as well. Annoyingly the Zavvi on princes street is closed, and has been for a while, so i don't know where the closest one is to me, otherwise i would've gone already.
Isn't there one at St. James Shopping Centre, or am I mistaking that for HMV?

Maxon said:
Arbalest said:

Nah, its the HMV thats there. They used to have a note on where the old Zavvi was saying where you could go, but that was taken down.

Arbalest said:
Maxon said:
Arbalest said:

Nah, its the HMV thats there. They used to have a note on where the old Zavvi was saying where you could go, but that was taken down.

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/storeSearch.jsf

Not sure it's up to date though.

Sy said:
chaos said:

I think most of the 1 disc editions can be picked up for about that, but sometimes you only see the 2 disc ones and they are up to £20.

Might take a trip down to Cardiff on New Year's day if they are open.

Dracos said:
Sy said:
chaos said:

I think most of the 1 disc editions can be picked up for about that, but sometimes you only see the 2 disc ones and they are up to £20.

Might take a trip down to Cardiff on New Year's day if they are open.

I'll see you there d00de ;):p

BlackWolf said:
Well i had a look at the Zavi in the retail park and was disappointed with the lack of reduced prices, i'm hoping the one in Middlesbrough will provide more but their range was Maruto and Ghibli with some added ADV titles

The zavvi at teeside park is terrible I didnt see anything worth getting even at a reduced price, I thourght the one at middlesbrough was ok though but there was a lot of single DVDs and I like to buy boxsets but I did get some non anime DVDs including Spaced for only £7.99 :D
But something I did notice at zavvi is that there must of been a lot of people buying at the "adult" section cause they brought a trolly out with more stock. :lol:

Unfortunately my Zaavi takes after Virgin in having only a reasonably small, but almost always overpriced Anime section. The few series they do have on offer I mostly have, and the remainder I do not want to get. *Sigh* I miss MVC, they used to have an immence Anime section.

Sammy said:
BlackWolf said:

The zavvi at teeside park is terrible I didnt see anything worth getting even at a reduced price, I thourght the one at middlesbrough was ok though but there was a lot of single DVDs and I like to buy boxsets but I did get some non anime DVDs including Spaced for only £7.99 :D
But something I did notice at zavvi is that there must of been a lot of people buying at the "adult" section cause they brought a trolly out with more stock. :lol:

:lol: Doesn't surprise me, Zavi in the boro did have more stock but not much i wanted, still the other sale items were pretty good, i still don't get why they even opened the one in Teesside Park, it always seemed a bit small.

Back