Your viewing journal

image.png

MASHLE: MAGIC & MUSCLES (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-8

Finally watched an anime, considering it's been a while. Starting the Spring season with Mashle as it's a series that I wanted to check out for a while. I do own the volumes but the anime I felt would be the best way to get into it, and it delivers. The show does a great job with its concept and while its not for everyone, I'm loving the on-going gags with Mash and the numerous obstacles that get in his way, like how to use a broom to getting through a door. Music surprisingly slaps too.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Swordsmith Village Arc episode 9 Entrusted.

My Clueless First Friend episode 10 Red on red.

One Piece episode 1064 Boozey battle.

At the Mercy of the Sky episodes 7-12 (Complete. This was a series that started comedic and became more heartfelt as it progressed, making for a nice watch.) 4/5

Babel II OVA
A middling watch with some good elements within. 3/5

Baby Steps
episodes 1-8

In/Spectre Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 20

The Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Far (English Dub) Episode 8

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Swordsmith Village Arc Episode 9

The Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Far Episode 10

Finally got my neighbors over tonight to watch Psycho Pass: Sinners of the System. We watched the first two films of the trilogy - Crime and Punishment, and First Guardian - but on Crunchyroll rather than using my copy of the AL Blu-ray box set, because of needing the English dub for the neighbors. Both were each only an hour long but both were extremely good. We watched these in my theater room streaming thought my HTPC up onto the 120" projection screen, and I also had the butt kickers turned on under the reclining sofa seats, so they were massaging our glutes and the rest of our bodies to the max during the action scenes! The couple will be coming back tomorrow night to finish off the third film, In the Realm Beyond, so we'll then be ready to go see the new Psycho Pass movie coming to theaters in August.

resize_image.php

Last edited:
Golden Kamuy 4th Season episode 50 Only choice.

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too episode 10 Serve.

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 episode 22 Memories.

Insomniacs after School episode 9 Go for broke.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! episode 10 Rich family blues.

Vinland Saga Season 2 episode 36 Defy.

Baby Steps episodes 9-18

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too (English Dub) Episode 7

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 (English Dub) Episode 20

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too Episode 10

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 Episode 22

Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 46

My Hero Academia (Season 6) (Japanese) - Episode 134 - 138 (Complete)

After a mostly lackluster fifth season and the third movie being my least favourite I felt I was starting to fall out of love with the series but this season reignited my enjoyment for MHA for sure, up there as one of my favourite seasons. A lot of sweet moments near the end, especially with Bakugo, anticipating S7 now.

2023-06-06.png

Golden Kamuy Season 4 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-10

After a long break due to the sudden death of a staff member, the series returns with the second half of the season. Much like the rest of the series, the latest episodes still delivers on the hype especially the most recent which aired this week as it was quite tense but had a rewarding conclusion. The animation is still rough in places but the rest is spot on. There's three episodes left and will probably lead to a 5th season given the story has gotten this far.

Skip and Loafer episode 10 Setting the stage.

Tokyo Mew Mew New~♡ 2nd Season episode 22 Tearful night.

Baby Steps episodes 19-25 (Complete. A series that lived up to the name at times, owing to the pacing early on. The main characters being fairly likeable kept me watching though, and I’m hoping the second season will be stronger.) 3/5

Baby Steps 2nd Season
episodes 1-7

Hyper Psychic Geo Garaga
A largely forgettable and by the numbers sci-fi film that is much derided by wider fandom but I think is actually quite good. I think the plot has some quite interesting elements and it has some nice late 80's sci-fi design work.

Virus Buster Serge - Episodes 5 - 12 [Final]
I still really like this show, although I can understand why many might not. It has some really good episodes, especially the first and last but some of episodes are admittedly a bit slow and it can feel self indulgent at times but it is a show that works on lots of levels for me and I just love the way it looks. The influence of the original Ghost in the Shell movie was always obvious to me but I had never picked up on how many visual ques were taken from Evangelion in it.

Space Knight Tekkaman - Episode 17- 19

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury - Episode 20

Ranma ep26-27

Unfortunately, I do remember either hearing or reading that the animation quality in Ranma begins to drop off after the end of the first season, and I feel like that's starting to kick in now. Aside from a couple of noticeably off-model scenes (maybe more visible with the Blu Ray version) it's still fine, it's just that the early episodes set the bar very high and we now seem to have gone from "This was a TV production?" to "This was a TV production".

Yes, the animation quality does noticeably drop off after the first season (which does look incredible at times) although it is quite variable. Must watch the final Blu-ray set.

I keep meaning to watch Around the World with Willy Fog it looked so fun! :)

I loved Around the World with Willy Fog. I can remember it being must see TV when it first aired in 1984 and I re-watched it 20 years later and thought it stood up well then.

Mashle ep 8
Leverage.

My Home Hero ep 10
Make it rain.

World Dai Star ep 9
Tourist.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury s2 e8
Escalation.

Heavenly Delusion ep 10
Cold hearted.

Skip and Loafer ep 10
Dusting yourself down.

Golden Kamuy s4 e10
Choices.

KonoSuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! (English Dub) Episode 8

KamiKatsu: Working for God in a Godless World Episode 9

KonoSuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! Episode 10

Blue Orchestra ep 9
Throwing the gauntlet down.

Insomniacs After School ep 9
Budgeting problems.

Otaku Elf ep 9
Rainy days and memories.

The Dangers in My Heart ep 10
Christmas Eve.

Oshi No Ko ep 8
Work relationship.

2023-06-08_2.png

Dr. STONE: New World (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-10

With the previous season focused on your usual shonen versus battles, this season starts off with the returns to the slice of life exploration approach that the first season went through, where Senku & co. spend their time finding new ideas and bringing back old historical materials/objects for their next journey. Dr. STONE shines the most in this endeavour and if you've enjoyed the Ryusui special you'll definitely enjoy what this first cour of the third season has to offer. The second half of the first cour does lead to another big story situation but its still entertaining none-the-less.

Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 32

Dr. STONE: New World (English Dub) Episode 8

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV (English Dub) Episode 19

Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 Episode 34

Dr. STONE: New World Episode 10

The Legendary Hero is Dead! Episode 10

Yuri is My Job! Episode 10

Back