Rain stopped play.

My Home Hero ep 9
Springing the trap.

World Dai Star ep 8
Replaying memories.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury s2 e7
True intentions.

Skip and Loafer episode 9 So far away.

Tokyo Mew Mew New~♡ 2nd Season episode 21 Tormented.

Allison & Lillia episodes 25-26 (Complete. A story of two halves, both of which were quite good.) 3.5/5

All Saints Street
episodes 1-6 (Complete. A fun selection of shorts that I wish we got more of, as the series ended rather abruptly.) 3.5/5

Angel Cop (Rewatch)
episodes 1-6 (Complete. I had mixed thoughts on my first watch but this time I had a bit more appreciation for the overall series - the better PQ was nice to see too.) 3/5

Last edited:
KonoSuba -An Explosion on This Wonderful World! episode 9 Drain.

Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion episodes 1-12 (Complete. Despite what appears to be the budget affecting the animation to varying degrees, and a sometimes-distracting filter, this was a solid historical anime.) 3.5/5

Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon
episodes 1-2

Last edited:
KonoSuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! (English Dub) Episode 7

KamiKatsu: Working for God in a Godless World Episode 8

KonoSuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! Episode 9

My Stepmom's Daughter Is My Ex (Japanese) - Episode 10 - 12 (Complete)

This was a decent series, not as trashy as I thought it would be going in but still a good enough time (is no Domestic Girlfriend though).

Reminded me a lot of Higehiro if you've not seen it yet. Scums Wish as well definitely goes into the drama side.

Not much can touch Domestic Girlfriend though.

Oshi no Ko
That feel when you forget it's recap episode week:
View attachment 29392

Indeed I remember reading that there was a break for a week :)

Dr. Stone: New World episode 9 The sweetest condition.

Ranking of Kings: The Treasure Chest of Courage episode 8 Good bread.

The Ancient Magus’ Bride Season 2 episode 33 Pick-up.

Yuri Is My Job! episode 9 Stomp.

Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon episodes 3-12 (Complete. Despite the lacklustre fanservice and predictable subplots this wasn’t a bad watch, but could have been better.) 3/5

Aoi Bungaku Series
episodes 1-3

Last edited:
Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 31

Dr. STONE: New World (English Dub) Episode 7

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV (English Dub) Episode 18

Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 Episode 33

Dr. STONE: New World Episode 9

The Legendary Hero is Dead! Episode 9

Yuri is My Job! Episode 9

Jujutsu Kaisen Episodes 13-24 (English dubbed, Season 1 COMPLETE) - Kept me entertained, I look forward to Season 2 (enjoyed the OST disc as well) :)

The Quintessential Quintuplets 1-12 (English dubbed, Season 1 COMPLETE) - I can see why people say this is better than a lot of other harem rom-com series, it was enjoyable and cute and I look forward to seeing the second season and the film (my favourite quints are Ichika, Miku and Yotsuba) :)

School-Live! (English dubbed) - Really glad I finally got around to watching this, it reminded me of Angel Beats! Def got me invested i the characters and story :)

The Venture Bros. Season 2 - Just as funny and engaging as I remember and the music slaps, this is for sure the best of the older shows to come out of Adult Swim, mixing its typically edgy dark humour with a varied cast of characters (my faves are, perhaps unsurprisingly, the relatively pacifistic Doctor Orpheus and his teenage daughter), and thrilling stories of derring-do gone varying degrees of wrong :)

Fruits Basket -Prelude- (English dubbed, REWATCH) - This film always makes me so emotional, I'm not big on student-teacher romance plots for obvious reasons but this one feels sincere and well executed and tbf it's the only pairing like that in Fruits Basket so it doesn't feel like the author is pushing it as an ideal. Lil Tohru is sooo adorable! 😭 ❤️

The Jungle Book (2016, Disney) - I appreciate that this isn't a shot-for-shot remake of the 1967 animated film, and on the whole I liked it but it was a bit too kiddy in places and that let it down plus I would have loved to hear an Indian style of music for the score given the setting. As The Jungle Books are still on my list of things to read, I can't comment on book vs. film :)

Wizards (1977, Ralph Bakshi) - A solid watch and I loved the narrator's voice and the beautiful still drawings used in some scenes but a bit overly scattershot in execution, I think Grendel Grendel Grendel did this kind of thing better and also preferred Bakshi's own Fire and Ice. The film also is the second one by him I've seen where a woman gets beaten near the end and it came off as misogynistic and unnecessary. I could see what the film was trying to do with the low-key and somewhat modern style of the dialogue and its humour but because it didn't have masses of wit to it it felt a bit too low key like a bit overly mundane. But I did like that it has a different feel to many other fantasy films, less epic speeches and more "the world's ending but people are still people" :)

The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle (2000 film, REWATCH) - I have no idea how this is rated so low on IMDb, I always enjoy rewatching it and it's one of the best attempts at making a (mostly) live-action film out of a cartoon - I liked Detective Pikachu but this is funnier and has a fab roster of celebrity cameos XD

Jujutsu Kaisen Episodes 13-24 (English dubbed, Season 1 COMPLETE) - Kept me entertained, I look forward to Season 2 (enjoyed the OST disc as well) :)

The Quintessential Quintuplets 1-12 (English dubbed, Season 1 COMPLETE) - I can see why people say this is better than a lot of other harem rom-com series, it was enjoyable and cute and I look forward to seeing the second season and the film (my favourite quints are Ichika, Miku and Yotsuba) :)

School-Live! (English dubbed) - Really glad I finally got around to watching this, it reminded me of Angel Beats! Def got me invested i the characters and story :)

The Venture Bros. Season 2 - Just as funny and engaging as I remember and the music slaps, this is for sure the best of the older shows to come out of Adult Swim, mixing its typically edgy dark humour with a varied cast of characters (my faves are, perhaps unsurprisingly, the relatively pacifistic Doctor Orpheus and his teenage daughter), and thrilling stories of derring-do gone varying degrees of wrong :)

Fruits Basket -Prelude- (English dubbed, REWATCH) - This film always makes me so emotional, I'm not big on student-teacher romance plots for obvious reasons but this one feels sincere and well executed and tbf it's the only pairing like that in Fruits Basket so it doesn't feel like the author is pushing it as an ideal. Lil Tohru is sooo adorable! 😭 ❤️

The Jungle Book (2016, Disney) - I appreciate that this isn't a shot-for-shot remake of the 1967 animated film, and on the whole I liked it but it was a bit too kiddy in places and that let it down plus I would have loved to hear an Indian style of music for the score given the setting. As The Jungle Books are still on my list of things to read, I can't comment on book vs. film :)

Wizards (1977, Ralph Bakshi) - A solid watch and I loved the narrator's voice and the beautiful still drawings used in some scenes but a bit overly scattershot in execution, I think Grendel Grendel Grendel did this kind of thing better and also preferred Bakshi's own Fire and Ice. The film also is the second one by him I've seen where a woman gets beaten near the end and it came off as misogynistic and unnecessary. I could see what the film was trying to do with the low-key and somewhat modern style of the dialogue and its humour but because it didn't have masses of wit to it it felt a bit too low key like a bit overly mundane. But I did like that it has a different feel to many other fantasy films, less epic speeches and more "the world's ending but people are still people" :)

The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle (2000 film, REWATCH) - I have no idea how this is rated so low on IMDb, I always enjoy rewatching it and it's one of the best attempts at making a (mostly) live-action film out of a cartoon - I liked Detective Pikachu but this is funnier and has a fab roster of celebrity cameos XD
I feel I was lucky when I watched School Live. Went into it not knowing the plot.
End of the first episode 😱

Urusei Yatsura episodes 1-13: Well, I finally got to see how it all started. Nice to learn who all the characters are (and their names, like finding out the little floating kid is Lum's cousin and is named Jaiten/Ten, which was never mentioned in the movies). Still can't see what any woman sees in Ataru, but I have known friends to fall for that type. There was only one moment when he showed any compassion for Lum, and that was at the end of the Christmas episode. Love the theme songs too.

Forgot to ask if anyone knows what this was rated /targeted to on TV in the US, as there are a lot of naked breasts on display and quite a few references to "making a baby" with Ataru. The Blu-Rays say they are unrated.

Last edited:
The Ancient Magus' Bride s2 e9
Disappearing act.

Golden Kamuy s4 e9
First kill.

KonoSuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World ep 9
Tempting fate.

Yuri is My Job ep 9
Special someone.

Back