Your viewing journal

Master of Study episodes 7.5-10: Enjoying this show of torturing teenagers to get them into university. I can see why this is so popular in Asia, where parents are probably forcing their kids to watch it for the study tips alone and teachers are threatening some of the torturous lessons, and also why this would never be remade in the US or UK. I also love how the kids are playing close to their age (they're all 17-18 playing 15-16ish).

Ranma 1/2 episodes 24-35: Put this on while waiting for IT to fix the work computer system. As you can see, it took a long time (they actually gave up at 3am and we were allowed to leave early without doing any actual work). Finally we get to meet the old lady (300 year old Amazon grandmother of Shampoo) and the dirty old man (trainer of Ranma and Akane's parents and infamous panty thief). All good fun and a nice distraction from the fact I wasn't working.

In/Spectre Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 19

The Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Far (English Dub) Episode 7

A Galaxy Next Door Episode 8 Christmas.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Swordsmith Village Arc Episode 8 Namesake.

EDENS ZERO 2nd Season Episode 34 Transformation.

My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv 999 Episode 9 Curiosity.

Summoned to Another World for a Second Time Episode 8 Duel.

The Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Far Episode 9 Training.

The Dangers in My Heart Episode 9 Misinterpreted.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Swordsmith Village Arc episode 8 After all.

My Clueless First Friend episode 9 Thank you.

One Piece episode 1063 Unsightly saviour.

Aishiteruze Baby★★ episodes 21-26 (Complete. An interesting premise but one that felt a bit repetitive in execution.) 3/5

Akudama Drive (Rewatch)
episodes 1-12 (Complete. This was a great modern sci-fi to revisit, and one of the anime highlights of that year for me.) 4/5

Allison & Lillia
episodes 1-6

Last edited:
Virus Buster Serge - Episodes 1 - 4
I like this series and this is my 4th viewing of it. I haven't watched any Masami Obari anime for a while and haven't seen VBS for quite a few years so was perfect for some classic 90's sci-fi action.

Space Knight Tekkaman - Episode 16

Urusei Yatsura (2022) - Episodes 20 - 23 [Series 1 Final]

That was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to more next year

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury - Episode 19
Another really good episode of G-Witch

Acrobunch episodes 11-24 (Complete. Though I’ve had a decent run with 70s and 80s anime as of late, this was more of a mixed bag.) 2.5/5

Active Raid episodes 1-12 & Active Raid Second episodes 13-14

I thought Acrobunch was quite sub-par overall, some great ideas that were squandered with poor writing.

Like a lot of Goro Taniguchi's anime, I found Active Raid to be quite a mixed bag too but quite liked it overall especially the second series.

Jobless Reincarnation 19-24

After hitting episode 18 some months ago, I got a bit bored with this.
I decided to binge last night and get it finished.
For me the first half was better than the second.

Still do not know if I like Rudeus, Eris is annoying.
I suspect that Ghislaine not appearing in the second half played a part.

Attachments

• Mushoku_Tensei_S01E06_(Ghislaine_Dedoldia)_07.png
    Mushoku_Tensei_S01E06_(Ghislaine_Dedoldia)_07.png
    212.3 KB · Views: 4
Konosuba: Explosion Edition ep3-5

Birdie Wing ep13-15

Think I'll take a break from Birdie Wing for a little while. I'm invested enough to want to see where it'll go, but I still find the lack of dramatic tension frustrating, particularly with Aoi's character. Maybe it'll change as we go into the second cour, but despite the show being ostensibly presented as a two-hander, it really feels like it's Eve's story, and Aoi seems to have comparatively little to do.

Ranma ep26-27

Outside of the first two or three volumes of manga, my only real experience of Ranma is from playing the old tie-in fighting games, so it's nice to see the characters I recognise from there being slowly introduced. This time it's Mousse, who I think was one of the more effective characters to play as.

Unfortunately, I do remember either hearing or reading that the animation quality in Ranma begins to drop off after the end of the first season, and I feel like that's starting to kick in now. Aside from a couple of noticeably off-model scenes (maybe more visible with the Blu Ray version) it's still fine, it's just that the early episodes set the bar very high and we now seem to have gone from "This was a TV production?" to "This was a TV production".

Here's my viewing for the week or so I couldn't get on here on my phone:

Sunday 21st
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury
s2 e6
Set free?

Yamada-kun ep 8
Teasing.

Hell's Paradise ep 8
Unfilled potential.

World Dai Star ep 7
Switching it up.

Tuesday 23rd
Blue Orchestra
ep 7
Every thing changes, but nothing changes.

Otaku Elf ep 7
Old games and stamp collecting.

Insomniacs After School ep 7
The heart of the matter.

The Dangers in My Heart ep 8
Fever dream.

Wednesday 24th
Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Village Arc
ep 7
Breathing new life into it.

My Home Hero ep 8
Flash of inspiration.

Thursday 25th
Oshi No Ko
ep 7
Truth will out.

Dead Mount Death Play
ep 7
It's a kind of magic.

Skip and Loafer ep 8
Zoo and sleep over.

KonoSuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World ep 8
Jelly.

Friday 26th
Golden Kamuy
s4 e8
Possessed.

The Ancient Magus' Bride s2 e8
Water spirits.

Dr. Stone: New World
ep 8
Petrifying tale.

Yuri is My Job! ep 8
Fragile alliance.

Sunday 28th
BIRDIE WING
s2 e8
Taste the rainbow.

Mashle ep 7
Owl play.

Yamada-kun ep 9
New member.

Heavenly Delusion ep 9
Tall tales.

Monday 29th
Blue Orchestra
ep 8
A place to belong.

Otaku Elf ep 8
Visiters baring strange gifts.

The Dangers in My Heart ep 9
Used?

Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Village Arc ep 8
Infinite.
Another pretty boring flashback for another unlikeable character which also boils down to the same as Tanjiro's story.

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too (English Dub) Episode 6

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 (English Dub) Episode 19

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too Episode 9 Declaration.

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 Episode 21 Memories and meetings.

Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 45 Bet.

Golden Kamuy 4th Season episode 49 All I had.

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too episode 9 Someone like me.

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 episode 21 Weaponry and robots.

Insomniacs after School episode 8 Rain.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! episode 9 No rush.

Vinland Saga Season 2 episode 35 Bet.

Allison & Lillia episodes 7-24

Last edited:
Berserk: The Golden Age Arc - Memorial Edition (Japanese) - Episode 9 - 13 (Complete)

My Stepmom's Daughter Is My Ex (Japanese) - Episode 7 - 9

Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultra God Mission!!!! (Japanese) - Episode 48

This was my first experience with Berserk and I got to say that this was fantastic, I knew it was beloved and that I would likely enjoy it but now I see much more clearly why it is. I want to continue but I'm very iffy on watching the 2016 - 17 series, would like to pick up the lovely hardback releases of the manga, just they are quite pricey but I feel I will take the plunge soon enough. Though it will cover the same content, I am looking forward to when my copy of the '97 series arrives and seeing as the original movies of what I've just finished were released by Kaze over here, hoping it is in the pipeline to be rescued by AL seeing as they're on a steady stream of Kaze titles recently and is impossible to find said Kaze releases for a decent price nowadays. Overall Berserk was fantastic and I look forward to experiencing more of the series, I am a fan for sure.

Last edited:
This was my first experience with Berserk and I got to say that this was fantastic, I knew it was beloved and that I would likely enjoy it but now I see much more clearly why it is. I want to continue but I'm very iffy on watching the 2016 - 17 series, would like to pick up the lovely hardback releases of the manga, just they are quite pricey but I feel I will take the plunge soon enough. Though it will cover the same content, I am looking forward to when my copy of the '97 series arrives and seeing as the original movies of what I've just finished were released by Kaze over here, hoping it is in the pipeline to be rescued by AL seeing as they're on a steady stream of Kaze titles recently and is impossible to find said Kaze releases for a decent price nowadays. Overall Berserk was fantastic and I look forward to experiencing more of the series, I am a fan for sure.

I haven't read the manga, and I've only seen the OG animated series, but I suspect most people would say "read the manga" for the best version of it.

The author died before the manga could be ended, though I think I saw that it's still being completed by those people who worked closest with him on it, and it didn't sound like it was miles away from hitting the end.

Even if a studio came along and rebooted an anime for it, I think it's just too long for any studio to reliably animate all of it.

I haven't read the manga, and I've only seen the OG animated series, but I suspect most people would say "read the manga" for the best version of it.

The author died before the manga could be ended, though I think I saw that it's still being completed by those people who worked closest with him on it, and it didn't sound like it was miles away from hitting the end.

Even if a studio came along and rebooted an anime for it, I think it's just too long for any studio to reliably animate all of it.

Yeah, I've defo heard the same that it's best just to read the manga and was a sad day when Kentaro Miura passed but as you said, it is still being worked on (I think a chapter released recently, could be wrong though).

I'd personally be fine if Studio 4°C animated the rest as though there was some scenes that stood out, I didn't mind the CG during this, some great looking scenes and shots if anything, especially compared to what I've seen from the 2016 - 17 series.

I need to finish watching the 2016-17 series, I'm not sure how far through it I got, maybe just the first cour - regardless of the poor CGI, I was enjoying the story just fine. I don't mind the CGI if the story is engaging enough. I should probably re-watch the 97 series beforehand, I suppose, since it's been so long since I've seen it.

Back