Your viewing journal

Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 3 episode 34 Taken.

Healer Girl episode 9 Resonate.

Fist of the North Star episodes 101-104, 106-108 (Complete. Despite the repetitive nature of some of the storylines I can understand how FOTNS became such an iconic anime series and I found it to be a solid watch overall.) 3.5/5

Fist of the North Star 2
episodes 110, 112-115

Food Wars The Third Plate: Well, it took a couple of weeks, due to work and holiday, but I got through all 24 episodes only to find a cliff-hanger ending! They must have known the fourth season was approved. And now I have to think about buying it from the US (when the backlog pile diminishes a little and the bank balance grows).

PS I never realised just how long the 24 DVD Looney Tunes Golden Collection took to watch! At the half-way point of that. So many WWII patriotic cartoons in the extras!

Been quite a few weeks, maybe even a month since I last watched any anime but caught up on a few shows.

Pokemon: Hisuian Snow - Episode 1

Teasing Master Takagi-san (Season 3) - Episode 6 - 12

Lupin the Third - Episode 14 - 23

Yeah I loved Kanon it's amazing, must have watched it at least 5 times now, and Is the Order a Rabbit? was far better than I was expecting though I've still only seen the first 5 episodes :)
Yeah Kanon was great. I'd forgotten how funny and lighthearted it starts off which really draws you into the characters personalities before it starts to get heavy and dark. And the twists and turns are really well executed through the main characters memories returning.

I had a similar experience with Is the Order A Rabbit. Much much better than I thought it was going to be. All 3 seasons have been a joy to watch.

Video Warrior Laserion - Episodes 10 - 23

Halfway through the series now and Laserion has continued to develop into a really interesting show with some great politics and decent action scenes and is typically 80's brutal with lots of depictions of people being vapourised!!!

AMAIM: Warrior at the Borderline - Episodes 19 & 20

I thought Episode 19 unnecessarily spoilt the flow of the story detracting from what was building up to the events in episode 20.

Prefectural Earth Defense Force - Episodes 1 - 4 [Final]

I needed some silly 80's sci-fi and a re-watch of this fitted the bill perfectly. it always makes me smile.

Crystal Triangle

I have generally avoided Crystal Triangle for years for all the criticism it gets but I wanted to look at some of Seiji Okuda's other (mainly non-mecha) anime works and finally gave it a go. It's not great, a blatant Indiana Jones rip-off (which maybe even foretold the Crystal Skull movie) and it was a slow 87 minutes a lot of the time, there were some interesting ideas in it but the dramatic scenes sometimes felt low stakes when they shouldn't have.

Ronja, the Robber's Daughter - episodes 1 -26

Latest title from my backlog, might have taken me a couple weeks to watch it a couple episodes at a time. Nice story, and music. More CGI but seemed to work (although some of the background characters were forgettable merging into one)

Although her feet must have been tough to go without shoes other than in winter!

Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie ep 7
School cultural festival past and present.

CUE! ep 20
Dream location.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki s4 e8
Pain pain.

AOASHI ep 8
Practice hard.

In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki ep 8
Secret technique and team formation.

SPY x FAMILY ep 8
Interrogation.

I’m quitting Heroing episode 9 Mercy.

Tomodachi Game episode 9 Holding on.

Fist of the North Star episodes 116-128

Last edited:
Ronja, the Robber's Daughter - episodes 1 -26

Latest title from my backlog, might have taken me a couple weeks to watch it a couple episodes at a time. Nice story, and music. More CGI but seemed to work (although some of the background characters were forgettable merging into one)

Although her feet must have been tough to go without shoes other than in winter!

Nice to find someone else here who's watched the whole thing - I loved it, and prefer it to most of Ghibli's recent films :)

Ghost In The Shell: SAC_2045 season 1 rewatch and season 2
I enjoyed s1 the first time round but actually enjoyed it a lot more this time. I actually really like this version of the Major and her design here. Sure it would've been better in 2D animation or 3D with more time to make it look slicker but it still works. My only gripe in s1 is that there's only 1 proper stand alone episode. It's a very good episode though in the bank.

Onto s2...holy moly that was excellent. Firstly the art, designs and animation get a big improvement. The detailing and movement is excellent. Anyway the story is great too. And so exciting. Its the most consistently exciting and tense GITS story in my opinion. It also has plenty of te hno babble and ideas that are hard to fully comprehend on a first watch and yet I'm left very satisfied. Also we got a tachicoma led episode which was amazing.

I sincerely hope the new characters introduced in this series return for future installments of the franchise. S2 of 2045 was great.

In between my Jurassic Park and Female Prisoner Scorpion boxsets, I managed to squeeze in Is The Order A Rabbit: Bloom. Can't decide which episode I loved the most in this latest (final?) series, although the Halloween episode is a strong contender for it expressions of love and friendship.. One of the best stress relieving shows I've seen, but I do get distracted by the visuals and forget to read the subtitles at times.

Aharen-san wa Hakarenai ep 9
Illness.
Ah, the "bigger" little sister trope.

Love After World Domination ep 8
Secrets and infiltration.

Ascendance of a Bookworm s3 e8
Heightened wariness.

RikeKoi s2 e9
Festival ideas.
Bit of a tonal whiplash from Kanade's flashback in the first half basically being a treatise on the conformities of Japanese society and all that is wrong with it to planning the university festival with a cosplay/romance theme!

BIRDIE WING ep 9
Turning Japanese!
This continues to be hilarious, I think actually, mostly, intentional in this episode like the forth wall break of Eve wondering why she can actually speak Japanese 🤣

A Couple of Cuckoos ep 6
Study session.

RPG Real Estate ep 9
Hot Spring and Festival.

Deaimon ep 9
Birthday sweets and Christmas treats.

Back