Your viewing journal

Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 2 episode 82 Life story.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 237 Reunion.

Shenmue the Animation episode 3 Warehouse.

Utawarerumono: The False Faces episodes 7-25 (Complete. This series left me with mixed feelings as it was more humour driven than its predecessor and wasn’t as strong overall from a character and story perspective.) 3/5

Saturday and Sunday.

Akebi's Sailor Uniform (English Dub) Episode 4

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Entertainment District Arc (English Dub) Episode 1

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (English Dub) Episode 17

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 22

My Dress-Up Darling (English Dub) Episode 4

My Next Life As a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X OVA (English Dub)

My Senpai is Annoying (English Dub) Episode 10

The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest (English Dub) Episode 1

Akebi's Sailor Uniform Episode 7 My tune.

Attack on Titan: The Final Season Episode 82 Backstory.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Episode 20 Fossils.

Miss KUROITSU From the Monster Development Department Episode 6 Flush.

My Dress-Up Darling Episode 7 House visit.

The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest Episode 7 Conspicuous.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack (Blu-ray)

A lot of discord about CCA on twitter recently (that I seemed to have missed the start of) and the fact that I am building a Real Grade Sazabi at the moment has made me keen to watch CCA again. I've seen CCA many times and I think it's a great film, I love how the political pieces are put in place during the first half and the how the space battles intensify through the second. Watching it again I really don't understand the discord, it feels like people haven't really paid attention to the dialogue in the latter stages of the film to me.

Cool Cool Bye

California Crisis

I'm on a real kick re-watching one shot OVAs from the 80s at the moment. Cool Cool Bye is the only director credit for legendary character designer/animation director Tomonori Kogawa (looks like it was a pet project of his). Both of these OVAs are really enjoyable and what I love is that while they both look like 'anime' they also both have a very distinct and individual look as well. The way California Crisis is shaded is simultaneously aesthetically pleasing and fascinating to me.

Muv Luv Alternative - Episodes 1 & 2

Continuing to catch up on last season's mecha shows. I have found the previous installments of Muv Luv anime to be very mediocre but this series has gotten off to a good start for now.

Macross 7 - Episodes 6 -8 (Blu-ray)

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 65 & 66 (Blu-ray)

Last edited:
Finished rewatching Please Teacher. It held up well as a love story, with the traditional wacky OVA to finish (and one proper extra of a short saucy video). Now I have a dilemma, as I feel the urge to watch my BR copy of Princess Tutu is getting hard to resist, but I promised myself I wouldn't crack until I'd gone through my Christmas backlog (I estimate Easter, what with all these distractions).

Oh, that all of life's dilemmas could be so entertaining!

Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 episode 7 New song.

SABIKUI BISCO episode 7 Settle down.

Violet Evergarden (Rewatch) episodes 1-14 (Complete. Still an engaging series upon rewatch.) 4/5

Life With an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into a Total Fantasy Knockout episode 7 Adaptation.

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt episode 7 Lessons.

Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll (Film) A nice new story which provided one of the stronger client narratives for Violet.) 4/5

Wake Up, Girls! The Movie (Film)
& Wake Up, Girls! episodes 1-12 (Complete. Though a bit too melodramatic in places this was a decent take on the idol formula with a small group working against the odds whilst also providing some harsher experiences of the idol career.) 3/5

Ranma 1/2 ep2-5

Was quite surprised that the recap scene that repeated the end of episode 2 at the start of 3 had been reanimated using different camera angles and a slightly different sequence of events (Kuno now carries several buckets of water instead of just one, for example), instead of simply reusing the same footage. It almost feels like they wanted to make a Rashomon style comment about different characters seeing the same event differently, but then it just seemed to move on? Still kind of neat anyway.
Tight scheduling probably just meant that they didn't have a chance to edit in footage from the previous episode, and had to reanimate it instead. This often happened when different teams or studios were working on consecutive episodes, especially before editing on video became common, since reusing footage meant printing another copy and physically splicing it in.

The differences are just continuity errors, which again points to different teams working on those episodes.

I did wonder if it might be something like that, but it’s the first I’ve noticed it where it’s been done so competently. It’s not like the Stand Alone Complex where different studios appeared to be using different model sheets and the Major’s nose is suddenly absent…

While I’m here:

Ranma 1/2 ep8

It feels a little like I’m just listing off changes from the manga, but it did amuse me that, with Kuno’s gift for Ranma-chan having changed into a dolly for the anime, the original derpy toy panda from the manga puts in a cameo appearance on a shelf in the science room.

I got the RE:Zero Complete Season 1 set with the artbox on early bird the xmas before last (was £34.99) and have just started watching it this week - I did try watching it once before but didn't really care for the dub to the point it impacted negatively on my enjoyment, now I'm watching it subbed and really enjoying the series a lot, I'm on episode 6 :)

In the Land of Leadale episode 8 Blast.

Police in a Pod episode 8 Frantic.

Wake Up, Girls! Seishun no Kage (Film), Wake Up, Girls! Beyond the Bottom (Film) & Wake Up, Girls! New Chapter episodes 1-12 (Complete. Overall I’ve found the WUG series to be decent enough but not as engaging as other idol-themed series’.) 3/5

Darwin's Game episodes 1-4. I didn't think this would be of any interest to me, but I'm pretty well into these first few episodes, so I'm going to keep watching. Most likely another Aniplex title I can add to my collection... 👍

February 21st - 23rd.

Attack on Titan: The Final Season (English Dub) Episode 77

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro (English Dub) Episode 7

In the Land of Leadale (English Dub) Episode 2

Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles (English Dub) Episode 9

In the Land of Leadale Episode 8

Life With an Ordinary Guy who Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout Episode 7

Police in a Pod Episode 8

Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 7

She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man Episode 7

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt Episode 7

Back