Your viewing journal

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 18

Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles (English Dub) Episode 3

Attack on Titan: The Final Season Episode 76 The fighting rages on.

Life With an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into a Total Fantasy Knockout episode 1 An unlikely pairing.

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt episode 1 Strengthening.

Sailor Moon Sailor Stars episodes 177-188

Azumanga Daioh episodes 1-20 (and continuing): After the manic pace and character overload of Pani Poni Dash and School Rumble, this seemed so slow and sedate. I am enjoying it, really, despite the creepy male teacher (practically the only male appearing in the series despite this being a co-ed school), the bullying and the fat shaming. I think this is the first time I've heard VA Monica Rial playing a serious mature adult character. My favourite thing about the series (apart from the evil cats) is the never-ednding rivalry between the two female teachers.

Watched all of Durarara X2 Sho Ten Ketsu. Definitely glad I tracked these down and finally watched the second series and got an end to everything that the first series set up.

It's not perfect and there are some annoying changes to the characters personalities (all plot related) but I really enjoyed experiencing the human and non-human goings on of Ikebukuro. The bigger involvment of the Yakuza and the scheming of a certain new character really made the series feel different than what came before, especially as Mikado, Anri and Kida aren't as prevalent (outside of their general importance to the overall story that is) and plenty of others get time to shine.

Satisfying conclusion as well.

I see the SH light novels have been getting English releases. I might have to track them down, even though the series seems to have been on Hiatus for 5 years!

In the Land of Leadale episode 2 Pace.

Police in a Pod episode 2 Interrogations.

Sailor Moon Sailor Stars episodes 189-200 (Complete. Though it had an entertainment factor like the preceding seasons this felt underwhelming in some aspects like the new characters doing little for me and the overall plot feeling very familiar in places though the final few episodes were solid.) 3/5

Love of Kill ep 1
Target acquired.
Seems like a set up for a dark rom-com, but seems quite serious so far. Intrigued as to what the guys deal is, he's a bit too creepy at the moment. The end scene ups the intrigue even more.

Hakozume ep 2
Feel a little guilty laughing at the jokes when the crimes dealt with in this episode was so terrible. The jokes are on the police characters and not on the victims at least.

Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (English Dub) Episode 10

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro (English Dub) Episode 1

In the Land of Leadale Episode 2

Life with an Ordinary Guy who Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout Episode 1

Police in a Pod Episode 2

Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 1

She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man Episode 1

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt Episode 1

Is This Order A Rabbit season 1: Cuteness overload! So many bunnies, which didn't really counter the swarms of cats in yesterday's binge of Azumanga Daioh.

To make up for it, I'm now rewatching I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job. While it's fun, I forgot how many jiggling mammaries and panty flashes there were.

Earwig and the Witch (dub)
It was a fun film and definitely felt more coherent than Earthsea, but also possibly a bit short like it was missing an act and was a bit on the kiddy end of the scale. There's also a lack threat, the witch is mean, but not enough to make you feel bad for Earwig. There's a Dahl-ish feel to it, but not quite grotesque enough like in The Witches, maybe the original book is aimed at younger audience. When Earwig does magic there's no "oh, I can do magic" moment for her. Also she has no clue she's a witch's daughter which might have given her a bit more of a reason to escape or want to find out more about herself.
The cgi was alright and unlike most cgi anime the background and the characters actually look like they're from same universe. So it's a lot more like a Pixar film, but not quite as good as the newer ones look.
6/10

I'M KODAMA KAWASHIRI
ep 1
That was sho....
Aslo teh stbiluets semeed ot eb tuo fo snyc!

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat (English Dub) Episode 8

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest 2nd Season Episode 1

Keifuku-san (Rewatch)
A neat short from Studio Irodori, the team behind Kemurikusa and Kemono Friends' first season. It has the charm you'd expect from their other works and makes good use of its five minute runtime to establish the characters and mysterious world.

Would love to see Irodori expand on this idea as a series someday much like they did with Kemurikusa and Hentatsu which both began as short films.

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit ep1-3 (English dub)

Somehow, I've managed to see the first episode of Moribito three times over the years without ever seeing any more of it. Thankfully, I've finally got past that - it's very moreish.

My Dress Up Darling ep1

Eh, it's pretty cute. I don't have much else to say about it.

Lupin III: Part 2 ep39

Me, watching the first 38 episodes dubbed: This dub is dumb, I wish I could get the subbed version.

Also me, watching a single episode subtitled: I miss the dub.

Slow Loop episode 2 Supplies.

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 episode 2 Stalking and school tasks.

The Case Study of Vanitas Part 2 episode 13 Snow.

World’s End Harem episode 2 Research.

s-CRY-ed episodes 14-26 (Complete. An engaging action series that I would have likely overlooked if not for the Discotek release.) 4/5

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 Episode 7

CUE! Episode 2

Girls Frontline Episode 2

Slow Loop Episode 2

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 Episode 2

World's End Harem (Uncensored) Episode 2

Not strictly anime, but I picked up the DVD of Guyver: Dark Hero for 50p yesterday. The last time I watched a movie this bad it was Transformers. 90 minutes of shaking my head, thinking they couldn't be serious. Oh well, back to the "proper" cartoons. :)

Back