Your viewing journal

X-Bomber - Episodes 1 & 2

I'm super excited about this, I'm re-watching this as it's going to the focus of my Mecha March podcast episode. Star Fleet/X-Bomber was right near the top of the list of review content when I was developing the podcast. Can't wait to talk about it!!

Short Peace

I felt I needed to rewatch this after Neo-Tokyo and Robot Carnival last weekend. It the spiritual successor and it's good but not quite as good as the 80's films.

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 26 - 31 (Blu-ray)

AMAIM Warrior on the Borderline - Episode 9

Sakugan - Episode 9

Now on to Magic Knight Rayearth, so I can decide whether I want to splash out on those special edition box sets in ATA's Christmas sale.

I think Magic Knight Rayearth is a really good series, would definitely recommend on splashing out on those AL sets.

I think Magic Knight Rayearth is a really good series, would definitely recommend on splashing out on those AL sets.
I'm up to episode 17 and I think you're right. It's been quite a hectic journey so far. I can now see the extreme compression they made, from the series to the Rayearth film.

Finished Magic Knight Rayearth season 1. Will wait for the new BluRay's to come before continuing the journey. Had a close escape just before, when I put my newly arrived BR of Princess Tutu in my player to see if it was region A (no) and had to force myself not to watch it, as I'm supposed to be working (hang on, why am I posting this!?).

The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made episode 10 A difficult life.

The Vampire dies in No Time episode 10 Ascension.

Naruto Shippuden (Rewatch) episodes 38-52

86 s2 e8
Massive weapon.

Platinum End ep 9
Beauty is only skin deep.

My Wi-Fi went screwy during the height of the storm. It took twice the length of the episode to watch PE with Crunchyroll stopping every 5 minutes. Luckily I've got a physical backlog as well:

Aria the Animation eps 1-4 (dub)
Nice and chill.
Seems it starts a little way into Akari's time on Aqua. Only one storyline was from the part of the manga that I read, basically the first edition of the story (called Aqua, 2001), which was obviously popular enough for more to be commissioned, this time as Aria (2002-08) where I'm guessing the other 3 stories were from.

Bodacious Space Pirates ep 1-6: silly but fun so far. Nothing too awesome but I only paid a fiver for it. I AM having to grip my teeth at the appalling depictions of zero gravity and space walks, but I'm a science nerd so I'm used to anime's defiance of basic laws of motion.

Brothers Conflict - episodes 1 - 12 plus the 3 specials.

Latest title from my backlog, interesting concept for a show. Bit slow paced at times I found.

I finally watched 'Weathering With You' today. The only Shinkai movie I hadn't seen yet. And oh my god I loved it so much. I find it difficult to choose a favourite Shinkai movie, but this one certainly had the best individual scene. Possibly the most joyous thing ever commited to film, I couldn't stop rewatching it.

He finally let one of his couples be happy! 😭 The moment Hina vanished I was getting ready for the standard Shinkai ending where they're pushed apart but he did it! The only other one I can think of that does that is The Place Promised, but that's more ambiguous.

However I love that even when he's doing the "happy ending" he puts his own spin on it. Hina and Hodaka end up together even though the greater good would have been served if they weren't. The way the movie resolves is movingly transgressive. The weight of the world is telling them to stay apart but they choose their own happiness instead.

Last edited:
Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside episode 10 Sibling.

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat episode 10 Knack.

Naruto Shippuden (Rewatch) episodes 84-89, 113-121

Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (English Dub) Episode 7

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat (English Dub) Episode 3

Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Episode 10

The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat Episode 10

Bodacious Space Pirates episodes 7-13: While it's a generally entertaining series, I do find my attention wandering frequently. All very innocuous fun.
Baka & Test - Enter the Beasts Episodes 1-13: This should more accurately be renamed gender wars, as the boys try their hardest (without success) to see the girls naked while refusing to admit they have any feelings for the girls, while the girls are sadistic monsters who want to entrap the poor boys into monogamous relationships. You know, stark realism. I did laugh a lot in this series.

Back