Your viewing journal

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Ep 5-13 (end)

Senran Kagura Shinovi Master (uncensored) Ep 1-6
Oof the animation took a hit didn't it

GitS S.A.C 1st GIG (dubbed) Ep 14-20

Dororo Episode 4
That's war for you I'm afraid, it f*ck's you up in the head "BIG TIME".

Pastel Memories Episode 4

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 17
Another solid episode. The serious negotiation talks begin.

Seiyu's Life eps 1-3 (sub)
I was thinking of watching Shirobako again, but then remembered I had this on my list. It's a bit more light-hearted and obviously focuses on a different aspect of the anime making process, but it's been quite fun and informative so far. I seem to remember Shirobako waited till the 15th episode to explain the jargon and I was a bit lost because of that (it was also the first thing I watched on Crunchyroll other than Bleach so I was a bit of a casual back then. It was also just before I came back here).
Anyway, seems tough being a newbie seiyu. You have to introduce yourself to everyone individually! It's a wonder you have a voice left to do the work after that!

Dororo ep 4
Some cool action, but not as interesting as the others episodes.

Kemono Friends s2 e3
A day at the ocean. A bit of intrigue was added at the end.

Mob Psycho 100 s2 e4
Has Mob met his match?

Dororo episode 4, this may be my favourite ongoing anime right now tbh

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken episode 17, ok episode but feel like the story is going too slow, nothing has been happening past 3 episodes, just character introductions and making alliances.

Mob Psycho 100 S2 episode 4, the best episode so far, manga readers seem to be hyping up this new villain guy so hope next episode turns out great.

Dororo episode 4 Sword possession. Really liking this series so far, may end up as my AOTS if it maintains this quality.

Mob Psycho 100 II episode 4 A reminder to never challenge Reigen to Rock-Paper-Scissors.

High School DxD episodes 1-12 (Complete. A fun fan-service laden romp with some neat action scenes and a semi-interesting plot and lore that manages to make the series more than just mindless boobage.

The ending episodes weren’t great though, as they used the “forced marriage” cliche that I find is just a cheap plot device for drama in any series it appears in. Because of this, the season went from good to just fine for me. Ah well hopefully DxD: New won’t repeat the same mistake.) 3/5

High School DxD: New episodes 13-15

Mob Psycho 100 II episode 4

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime episode 17

This Art Club Has a Problem! episodes 2-3 (Dropped) - Yeah I'm really not digging this series. It's alright but it just doesn't grab my attention. Hopefully the RNG's next choice is better.

Psycho Pass episode 17,

Thought episode 16 was the best episode so far, and then this manages to top it imo.

Magica Girl Spec Ops Asuka episode 1

Decided to try it out and surprisingly enjoyed it.

Kill la Kill episode 1

Heard this anime was crazy, and it sure is lmao. tbh not a big fan of Trigger personally, didnt think TTGL or Gridman were that great, but I think I'll enjoy this one.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu episode 1,
wasnt expecting it to be an hour long episode but im liking it so far.

My Viewing schedule for the week of 21st January - 27th January 2019

Week 6 of my official uk anime release marathon.

20190128_201553.jpg

Naruto Episodes 53-78
The Chuunin Exam Finals and Orochimaru's Invasion are in this set and both are great arcs.
Naruto's training begins under Jiraiya and we see the beginning of his real growth, Jiraiya and Gamabunta are great additions to the supporting charcters of the series. The relationship between Orochimaru and the hokage is nicely developed in a short amount of time. overall its just a fun set of episodes with plenty too enjoy.

I know the series is 20 years old but i'll say SPOILERS here just in case lol

however i also look at this serie sin hindsight too and there's a pretty big disappointment in this set because of later story events. This being of course the Naruto vs. Neji fight where Naruto whole deal is too prove to Neji that hard work overcomes fate and destiny and that you create your ownd estiny. this was a brilliant message at the time but of course its thrown away later in the series when Naruto is revealed to be the child of prophecy and destine dto do all of this anyway since he;s the descendent of teh sage of six paths. it kills this whole fight unfortunately.

Something i just noticed on this viewing. Where does Asuma go after he saves Shikamaru during the Gaara chase? He knows what kind of threat Gaara is but he doenst continue to chase after Naruto and co after saving Shikamaru. I know its to give us Gaara vs. Naruto but at least write something to keep him occupied lol

Seiyu's Life eps 4-8
These episodes moved on from working on an anime to cover all sorts of different types of dubbing.

WATATEN! ep 4
Pool fun and a festival.

Ekoda-chan ep 4
Probably my favourite art wise. Thematically a bit too similar to the second one. I wonder if the directors were told what the others were doing.

Last edited:
Black Clover episode 68 Another filler episode that at least served to develop some characters and give some foreshadowing.

Run with the Wind episode 15 Starting line.

High School DxD: New episodes 16-24 (Complete. Well this was certainly a big improvement on the first season, not only was the plot tighter but they managed to keep it interesting as well. The lore seemed to be expanded on as well, and it’s fair to say there’s more to DxD than just boobies, baby!) 3.5/5

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 290

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (English Dub) Episode 14

3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 4 [16]
Pretty emotional episode this week. So much for that misunderstanding, more like miscommunication. So that explains Tsutsui's personality "Like Father Like Son" I guess. Plus some more character development for Ayado.

WATATEN!: An Angel Flew Down to Me Episode 4
Outdoor pool games and a visit to the Natsu Matsuri.

Hyouka 12-17 tonight. Episode 17 absolutely blew me away, such a good conclusion to the festival arc, and I got goosebumps hearing that particular music that first played when we find out what Chitanda's uncle said that made her cry. Such a good watch.

Bloom into you episodes 1-2

Tsuki ga Kirei episode 1

Baccano! episode 1

Shield Hero episode 4

Last edited:
Seiyu's Life eps 9-13 (complete)
A light and fun overview of the various jobs a seiyu might do such as anime, VO on TV shows, games and Western films plus side stuff like radio shows and forming a pop group.
The characters weren't complete one note characters, they had their hang ups especially the main Futaba, but the designs were fairly standard. The VAs were good and if you follow seiyu there were loads of cameos.
7/10

Chihayafuru eps 1-3
Someone mentioned season 3 incoming (Spring in fact) so this is my next on my list. I noticed there's 25 episodes per series, so 50 to watch before April!
Nice first arc flashing back to how Chihaya got into Karuta (a uniquely Japanese card game where you have to grab the card with the second half of a poem on when the first half is read out).

Senran Kagura Shinovi Master (uncensored) Ep 7-12 (end)
This was disappointing. I wasn't expecting much because I'm well aware what this series is about hahaha. The first anime season was alright though! Ah well, at least there was plenty of p l o t

Back