Your viewing journal

Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 (Complete) - After a 4 year wait, my only disappointment is the fact I only get 12 episodes before another break... and no I don't want to read the manga as I hear the wait for that is equally as heart breaking. I am not prepared for another wait!! *sob*

91 Days (Eps 10) - Meh.

I don't think I posted in this thread the day I watched that episode, but it reminds me of something I wanted to say. Was it just me, or was the visual of Uraraka getting her eyeball pushed back into its socket oddly grotesque? I know it wasn't graphic and done for comedy but it seemed like something straight out of a Junji Ito book!
My mate actually said the same thing, I think it's the way it kinda snakes around and how slowly her mum pushes it back in, there was also a weird moment where the music kicks in with the lyrics "Be a $%£^ing Superstar", which I feel was a bit out of place in this show lol.

Last week:
Attack on Titan [Season 2] (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Complete)
Berserk [Season 2] (Japanese audio) - Episode 11
My Hero Academia [Season 2] (Japanese audio) - Episode 12

Today:
Persona 3 the Movie -#1 Spring of Birth- (Japanese audio) - Film
Persona 3 the Movie -#2 Midsummer Knight's Dream- (Japanese audio) - Film

Attack on Titan s2 ep 12 (complete). As nuts as always, though I didn't get into this second season as much as I did the first. Maybe just because I watched it as it aired instead of marathoning it?

Sagrada Reset ep 11. I may have actually fallen asleep during this one. What little I remember of it was a whole lot of nothing at any rate.

Diabolik Lovers episodes 4-12 (Complete. This was um, interesting. Very much a curio in that it is certainly a series that will either leave you disliking it or sitting through each episode with morbid curiosity. I seem to be in the latter, as this was unlike any series I'd ever seen- it has a dream like aura and the short running time of each episode meant it was a relative breeze to watch. The set up is basically a vampire Harem, but without any love and affection, just a lot of bloodsucking and The power dynamics between the lead Yui and her vampire captors.

This is what will make for a sour taste or a curious viewing, which is how the internet has been split on when reviewing the anime. What I found interesting is what is learnt about the individual brothers, they each get a tragic backstory, and though somewhat sympathetic they're only a little less despicable by the series end (Though I managed to not dislike Ayato as much, which I didn't think was possible). Overall I'm really unsure what to think of the series, I didn't find myself disliking it as intently as some, and the ending was okay, but I'm in no rush to watch the second season. It was food for thought at least, and it was certainly unique. Shame it didn't leave much of an impact) 2.5/5

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
episodes 1-13
(Complete. An often touching paranormal drama, DMOA is a very good example of less is more. There are plenty of stories about haunted schools and ghostly schoolgirls but this one chooses a more personal approach to the psychological, and the series mainly revolves around just four key characters-all of which are enjoyable to watch develop and grow. Yuuko's backstory is heartbreaking to say the least but her bond with Teiichi is engaging throughout.

The themes of loneliness and (in this literal) emotional detachment were also very effective to me personally, and added a layer of depth and complexity. Also worth noting are the backgrounds, theyre often as gorgeous as they are gothic and atmospheric, the kind that I watch these kinds of anime for. The ending was also sublime. Overall an easy recommendation from me.) 4/5

Miami Vice
episode 12

Last edited:
Gurren Lagann (episodes 1–4)

I've been wanting to see this for years, and now I've got Anime Limited's CE I can!

Yay, it's Rui's quote:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann probably said it better: "Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me who believes in you."

The show looks great in HD.

Attack on Titan: Junior High eps 8-9
Red Garden ep 3 (Dropped) - Wasn't finding this show that good, would usually give a show more time to see if it gets better but I just found it to be too boring and bland, didn't like the art style that much either. Gonzo original shows tend to be misses with me while most of their adaptations are hits, weird.

Boruto: Naruto next Generations episode 12

Flowers of Evil
episodes 1-13 (Complete. Boy this is one anime I'm left a little "eh" with, though it certainty has some quirks, the obvious one being the animation, which is both simultaneously distinctive and uncanny, it looks bizarre, like a really low budget rotoscoping. It somewhat works in places, but it's really distracting when it doesn't. The manga character designs were fine so I'm not sure why they took this approach.

Unfortunately the flaws don't stop there, FOE is slow, I mean really slow. At times it's atmospheric, but it stretches itself thin, and I found myself skimming through to speed things up. The characters are also rather un-relatable but the dynamics between Kayuga Saeki and Nakamura make for a somewhat interesting if slow moving story. Overall I'm not sure whether I liked FOE or not, this is another I may need to rewatch in the future to give a reappraisal.) 3/5

Golgo 13
episodes 1-5

Shelter - I know it's only a music video but I love it all the same!

91 Days (Eps 10) - More Meh... determined to get myself to the end though.

Eromanga-sensei (Eps 1-6) - I feel like I shouldn't be enjoying this... but I am. :D It's also randomly making me want to start writing again too. :p

Back