Your viewing journal

initial D stage 4 disc 1 il be so glad when i finish this..............., its ok but its about cars and street racing and its boring the hell out of me, im not saying its a bad series but im really not in to cars or racing but the music is really good, i think people who like car and racing base anime would like this but its just so boring.

queens blade disc 6

tomorrow

Guyver OVA eps 1 & 2

Good points: original character designs from the manga for all the characters unlike the newer series which for some reason redesigned Sho and Mizuki

Bad points: God the dub...I can't stand it! Guess it shows we've come a long way from 96...

Not too keen on the way they've changed certain events either like having Guyver fight Gregoyle and Vamore straight away...I know the series only got 12 eps but with proper pacing they could of ended it at the same point, or even after the fall of Chronos Japan.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing the very first OVA at some point...

Last edited by a moderator:
animefreak17 said:
initial D stage 4 disc 1 il be so glad when i finish this..............., its ok but its about cars and street racing and its boring the hell out of me, im not saying its a bad series but im really not in to cars or racing but the music is really good, i think people who like car and racing base anime would like this but its just so boring.
af, I have to ask, what made you decide to watch something about a subject you have no interest in... and if you find it so boring what made you keep watching it for four series!? Is it particularly Stage 4 you don't like or did you find the earlier episodes just as boring? I've only seen the First Stage (I couldn't take any more of the horrible CGI).

FourthLion said:
Pretty much everyone's mom is reading 'that dirty book' I know mine is.
My mother isn't, and while I don't normally talk about my family behind their backs or on their behalf I'm fairly sure she'd want that fact made clear.

BlackWolf said:
Guyver OVA eps 1 & 2

I still have a lot of affection for that series, I adored it in the mid 90's and now I can appreciate it's far from perfect but I still find it enjoyable nonetheless.

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 41

Blue Meteor SPT Layzner - Episode 3

animefreak17 said:
what the hell is this book really that good

Read it and find out? :p

Oh and on the using 'mom' thing, I think I;ve said this before but I say it because my (on and off) partner of the last few years is American and I've had some Americanisms drilled into me :( I actually call her 'mummy' to her face :p

@ayase congrats on having a mum willing to make a stand!

@ayase

no no the CGI gets better and better in each stage yeah the first stage hace horrible CGI but it does get better blending in.

the reason i keep watching it is the music is great. if i was in to cars i might like it. if it was a tragedy love triangle high school love thing then id turn it off. its not a bad series but infact its a good series and the CGI does get better trust me.

FourthLion@ i really use mam but i dont really like using it around other people or online.

I watched the first episode of Tenchi Muyo(ova) last night. Still pretty much awesome. I shall type up a review later once I've watched the DVD.

animefreak17 said:

I'm not really into cars either (never bothered learning to drive) but I didn't find the first two seasons boring when I watched them.

mangaman74 said:
animefreak17 said:

I'm not really into cars either (never bothered learning to drive) but I didn't find the first two seasons boring when I watched them.

I'l be honest

I like the first season but the 2nd and 3rd season was boring but the 4th is getting good. Im it's not a bad series it gets better and better but i just can't get in to it. Maybe it's too near the realms of reality or maybe I just don understand anything about cars, in fact I hate cars ( really I don't like cars at all I have my reasons for not liking cars so maybe that's it

Re-watching Ouran High School Host Club, Episodes 1-7, as it is going to the subject of my next comedy anime column. For those who did not see my first column, covering Nadesico, it is available here.

Blue Meteor SPT Layzner - Episodes 4 & 5

Space Brothers - Episode 17

Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 - Episode 3

Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - Episode 4

Birdy the Mighty: Decode S2 last disc (can't remember the ep numbers)

Not a good ending as the first season but I still enjoyed this show, love the fighting scenes and the main character. Thought it was a bit weird mind sticking the bonus episode at the end of this disc...Surely it wouldn't of killed them, even if it's out of production order to stick it first on the first disc of this season where it's supposed to go...

May go and try and find the original Birdy the Mighty OVA to compare...

K-ON!! Episodes 1-2

So there I was with lil Luke watching K-ON!! (the episode where Ritsu has a hissy fit about wanting to "shine"). During the scene where she's in her room with her drum sticks, drumming on her school books like mad, I suddenly hear Mum ask "Did she sell her drum kit?".

My response?
hank+hill+bwah.jpg

Back