Your viewing journal

Rukario said:
Tasker you are aware that Evangelion is being carried right now? Anno is making some new things, changing it, I can give a link to it if ya want some time. Just PM me for it.

Oo! :shock:

Nope didn't know that. ( Do now though. :D )

*Breaks out into the happy dance.*

*Realises that certain bodily parts really ought 'not' to wobble like that in public.*

*Shrugs*

*Carries on anyway.*

:D

-Edit-

Oh 'ang on a minute... *Looks all shifty and thoughtfull*

Rukario said:
Anno is making some new things, changing it,

Why does that bit sound suspiciously like a remake?
Havn't they already done that with Death and Rebirth? :?

Hmmm... *Goes away to ponder.*

- Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

8) :wink:

watched episode 1 of the Fullmoon Dub

needless to say Viz has single handedly put me off buying the series. Not even the Mai-Hime dub is this bad :(

Just finished watching Disc 6 of Burst Angel. Not been too bad a series in my opinion, but what is it with the Japanese and the whole - 'Are they or arn't they?' - endings fetish they seem to have? :?

Loved Megs' new look in the final few seconds though. :twisted:

Episodes 8 & 9 of Pumpkin Scissors ... just wish they'd get to the plot already. Been picking up little bits here and there leading to a larger plot, but they still are doing very episodic almost stand alone episodes. It's irritating. :x
Also watched the FMA movie, much better ending than the series. Was a little confused, but more because I studied German pre-ww2 history at school, and while the movie did a good job of recounting it it was kinda muddled with the series. Still open enought for another series, but doubt they'll make another.

valha said:
up to ep 35 of eurake 7 now its getting good :)

Bloody hell! :shock: How many episodes does it have? I can take it it's not your average 26er then. lol

Just finished watching the last disc of GitS:SAC Gig 2.

What is it with the Japanese and their fetish for sad endings? :?

Hovis! said:
Watched G.I.T.S: S.A.C. 2nd Gig Volume 7 yesterday. Wonderful end to a wonderful series.

Oh it was a good ending, I especially liked the gribbly head exploding bit. :twisted:

It was the singing Tachikoma bit that made me sad. :cry:

I was exhausted yesterday after five hours standing up and working on a oil painting (oils are damn hard to use). So i decided that re-watching Fullmetal Alchemist would be just the thing to re-energise me(mostly because i would be in bed, lol). So i watched volume 1

Been on an anime break for a week or so, and just wanted to try something different, so I started watching Black Lagoon - second barrage.

This is really good! It is much more vicious and darker that the first series. I marathoned all the releases to date in one go. Any restraint that they had in the first series is out the window, and this show can totally shock you, in a manner that you don't often see outside the best of live-action cinema. The opening arc with the twins in particular.

Naruto 1.1... meh. Very much meh. could go on for a while about why it's so meh, but will try and find one of the rant topics and say it there. how long before it gets good though?
Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion almost lost me as well, but with the first episode, which was entirely too fond of the red stuff. I felt they labored the point that the Brittanics were bad a bit much. It was like 'Brittanics are bad',
'Got ya,'
'No really bad'
'Understood'
'No, really really, bad. Think Palpatine on a bad day, multiplied by Hitler and Tarkin. Then double it, with a cherry on top. An Evil Cherry, with spikes, that kill puppies.'
The nest few episodes were better, but they tend to overstate thinks a but much, however it has an interesting premise and seems to be going in interesting ways so will follow it for a while.

I watched some random episodes of the Sasuke Retrival arc of Naruto, I was suprised Naruto still had some good fights, though Kimimaro vs Gaara of the Desert was some what a bit crappy, good fun, but stupid for Gaara to destroy him like that.

Today i watched more Trigun, borrowed the dvd from a friend and almost finished it now. For a while it seemed like this show wasnt really going anywhere untill i got about 8 episodes in (i think) now i am hooked and almost dont want to watch the rest as it means it will be over. I also watched Perfect blue yet again, one of my fave films. I was going to rewatch Paranoia agent but decided against it, so watched episode one of samurai champloo.

Finally after two and a half months I've finished Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, the classics are truly the best, it's far from the best animation produced or the best story, there was something about it I just can't put my finger on...

continuing to plod along through mai otome again, while i've started watching Fate/Stay Night

another series that proves to me to STOP DECIDING AN ANIME IS CRAP FROM THE TITLE!!!

so many i've missed from that stance :(

This week i have mainly been watching
Karin - Bases on the manga 'Chibi Vampire' it was a pleasant rom-com with vampires. All good fun, non harem romanticism, may write review later.
Aishiteru baby- High school playboy get landed with the responsibility of looking after 5 yr old cousin after the mother has nervous break down after death of husband. Cute to an extreme, well voice acted (the 5 yr old sounds like a 5 yr old, not a 40 yr old with a squeaky voice), but also does not forget what kids can be like i.e. incredibly cruel at times, and very vulnerable. Only up to 8, curious how this will pan out.
Ayu the Third- Very intresting (in a good way). Post apocalyptic desert world, run by thirds (enhanced humans with a third eye, hence the name), who have decided to redistrict technology to prevent another great war which probably would wipe out humanity as the last one almost did. Energy weapons, genetic modification, and flight are all banned with penaties including prison to death for offenders. Story (as it is) follows Honoka a jack of all trades Sword Dancer on various jobs. While it could have been a dull series with every episode almost stand alone, it changes it to a more fluid short arc format. Missions last between 1-4 episodes, often flowing into each other. And while there is not on going plot it doesn't feel like its going nowhere either. It feels more like real life, no world or life changing events, just getting on with the job at hand (which all don't take 1/2 hr to resolve themselves)

Watched Steamboy for the first time today. I thought it was better than a lot of reviews said it was.
I just watched Fate-Stay Night ep. 2 the series isn't too bad, though I'm not really into it yet.
I'm also re-watching Heat Guy J and Ghost In The Shell 1st GIG.

Back