Your viewing journal

No Longer Allowed in Another World Episode 9

Shy Season 2 Episode 21

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 22

The Ossan Newbie Adventurer, Trained to Death by the Most Powerful Party, Became Invincible Episode 9

The Magical Girl and the Evil Lieutenant Used to Be Archenemies Episode 9

Ayla Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian episode 10 Movie influence.

My Deer Friend Nokotan episode 10 Allergens.

Sengoku Youko 2nd Season episode 21 An opening.

The Strongest Magician in the Demon Lord’s Army Was a Human episode 11 Burn.

The Story of Saiunkoku 2nd Season episodes 44-54

Terminator Zero - Episodes 1 - 8 [Final]

I approached this with both excitement and trepidation. The Terminator sits on my pantheon of greatest films of all time and I was worried it might do an Alien Romulus and just be a rehash of all the touchpoints of the previous films. While Zero did do that to an extent it brought some new ideas and I actually thought it was an excellent series and had me engaged from start to finish, it was much better than I was expecting plus it had really good sound design as well.

High Speed Etoile - Episodes 5 - 8

Days with My Stepsister Episode 10

Failure Frame: I Became the Strongest and Annihilated Everything with Low-Level Spells Episode 9

I Parry Everything Episode 10

The Café Terrace and It's Goddesses Season 2 Episode 22

Dungeon People episode 9 Maid and master.

Quality Assurance in Another World episode 10 Tactical retreat.

That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime Season 3 episode 69 True battle.

The Story of Saiunkoku 2nd Season episodes 70-78 (Complete. Another solid fantasy anime that I was recommended by MAL, and another that deserves a license rescue.) 3.5/5, 4/5

The Stranger By the Shore (Film)
A male-focused romance film which was decent enough in execution though was also rather short and could have used an extra hour and felt a bit brief. 3/5

Time of Shura
episodes 1-14

The Story of Saiunkoku 2nd Season episodes 70-78 (Complete. Another solid fantasy anime that I was recommended by MAL, and another that deserves a license rescue.) 3.5/5, 4/5
I was hoping Discotek would rescue it like they did with Kyo Kara Maoh.

I have the 1st season on dvd with the first 2 volumes being released by Geneon and the rest of the volumes by Funimation. Shame season 2 was never licensed.

I was hoping Discotek would rescue it like they did with Kyo Kara Maoh.

I have the 1st season on dvd with the first 2 volumes being released by Geneon and the rest of the volumes by Funimation. Shame season 2 was never licensed.

I love The Story of Saiunkoku, my mother and I watched it together just last year. I would love to see both seasons released on Blu-ray, or even a Discotek SDBD! I don't own the first season on DVD, but I did pick up the old limited edition box that holds all the DVD discs from the series, and I added my own DVDs and BDs I made with the fansubs into it.

saiunkokubox1.jpg

saiunkokubox2.jpg

Last edited:
Akiba Maid Wars arrived today and I felt in the mood for a light-hearted romp through the maid cafes of Akihabara. I do wish I'd read more than the title ordering it, as it got very dark very quickly. I think the body count for the first episode was around 30 maids dead on the street. They try and mix some comedy in, but the whole thing is just too far fetched for my taste. After three or four episodes of carnage, we had one where they had to undergo a punishing regime of maid training to attract customers. I just kept thinking people would be more likely to visit your cafes if not for the piles of corpses scattered about. I doubt I'll be keeping this, but I will complete the series in the morning.

Akiba Maid Wars arrived today and I felt in the mood for a light-hearted romp through the maid cafes of Akihabara. I do wish I'd read more than the title ordering it, as it got very dark very quickly. I think the body count for the first episode was around 30 maids dead on the street. They try and mix some comedy in, but the whole thing is just too far fetched for my taste. After three or four episodes of carnage, we had one where they had to undergo a punishing regime of maid training to attract customers. I just kept thinking people would be more likely to visit your cafes if not for the piles of corpses scattered about. I doubt I'll be keeping this, but I will complete the series in the morning.
Yeah, that show is literally a Yakuza turf war, just with the usual thugs swapped out for teenage girls. It works when it cranks everything up to insane levels, like when one girl is doing gun fu that looks like an idol fan dance, while blood sprays everywhere like a Las Vegas fountain. But then the next episode you have a much more grounded scene of a terrified girl being shot in the stomach for betraying her boss. The tone is all over the place. It's hard to get into a show when I don't know if any one episode is going to make me laugh or traumatise me.

Back