Your viewing journal

Classroom of the Elite III episode 7 It’s you.

Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp episode 6 Announcement.

Metallic Rouge episode 6 Suspicion.

Ishura episode 7 Chosen.

Sengoku Youko episode 6 Shut off.

Maison Ikkoku episodes 56-65

Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp Episode 6

Gushing over Magical Girls (Uncensored) Episode 7

Metallic Rouge Episode 6

Sengoku Youko Episode 6

Villainess Level 99: I May Be the Hidden Boss but I'm Not the Demon Lord Episode 6

Chained Soldier episode 7 Request.

Dungeon Meshi episode 7 Wading the water.

The Witch and the Beast episode 6 Taken hand.

Maison Ikkoku episodes 66-78

Makanai: Cooking for the Maiko House episodes 1-5: not anime, but a lovely Netflix series about two teenage girls who become apprentice geisha. One flunks out and becomes the cook for the house. Beautiful scenes of the Gion district of Kyoto and lots of food. Sadly, the only place to buy a physical copy from from a Chinese seller on eBay (so probs not legit). Very good quality and excellent subtitles though.

Shirobako episodes 10-18: and the chaos behind the scenes of making anime continues. How they suffer for our entertainment. :)

Saint Seiya: Evil Goddess Eris (Japanese) - Movie (Complete)

My first time watching anything Saint Seiya and I've got to say even though it was your average battle shounen movie running at around only an hour (similar to early Dragon Ball movies) I did enjoy the characters, style and world of the series from what was presented here and look forward to watching the other movies in the movie collection I got and then branch out from there.

It is a shame it is very unlikely we'll get any more Saint Seiya on blu-ray in the foreseeable future but if it doesn't sell, there's only so much we can do and to be fair I've only just bought it myself. I'll very slowly try to track down some of the older U.S. DVD releases of different parts of the series if I see them for a reasonable price. At the very least it would be nice if the original was streaming somewhere with the new English dub it got when it was put onto Netflix for a time (though we never got it over here which sucked).

I also have to say the original Saint Seiya OP is one of my all time favourite OP's. I've listened to it many times before but was nice hearing it during the opening of the movie as well as on the menu screen.

City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes (Japanese) - Movie (Complete)

Another first for me is watching anything City Hunter and this was a very enjoyable movie. It has a similar tone to Lupin the Third and Cat's Eye (same creator for the latter so makes sense) so of course I loved it. Cat's Eye appearing as well was great with their theme and all.

I do wonder when we'll hear some news from AL about Angel Dust as it was quite a while ago it feels they announced they had it and with that having the return of Cat's Eye making an appearance as well as Lupin appearing on top of that (following the Cat's Eye crossover last year) I'm very much looking forward to it as well as going back and watching the older entries.

Pokemon: Gotta Dance! (English) - Movie (Complete)

These Pikachu short movies are always a bit of fun and this was no different. A music themed short with a silly premise, not much else to say.

Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker (English) - Movie (Complete) (re-watch)

Been years since I watched this PKMN movie and something that stood out to me is that on the menu screen as well as in the film itself, it plays an instrumental version of one of the Japanese opening themes from the series as well as the credits having a mix of both English vocals and the original Japanese vocals of the movies credits song. A Japanese vocal only music video version of the song was included as an extra as well. Just stood out to me as it's very rare English PKMN includes Japanese music or anything of the sort from my knowledge.

Last edited:
Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End episode 23 Mimic.

The Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to pick up Trash episode 6 Roar.

Undead Unluck episode 19 Heart throb.

Maison Ikkoku episodes 79-96 & Maison Ikkoku: Kanketsu-hen (Film) (Complete. Though this series had its strong points and ultimately ended on a good note there were elements that annoyed me including the mostly-obnoxious supporting cast and the lack of communication throughout between the leads.) 3/5

Major
episodes 1-2

Tales of Wedding Rings Episode 7. Oh my, heart palpitations ensue! I've just met my ultimate Ring Princess waifu of the series in this episode: Saphir Maasa. She embodies all that I hold sacred in waifu matrimony - skinny and flat-chested, er, petite and small-chested, with long black hair. 😍

<-- Look out, Maomao, the loli is strong in this one too!

saphir.jpg

Last edited:
Shirobako episodes 19-24: Nice ending to the series, if just a little over the top. If this is even vaguely accurate as a depiction of the workings of the anime industry, I'm amazed anything gets finished.

Well, as IT are still trying to restore my work systems following a cyber attack last week, I suppose I'd better get started on another anime to pass the time. :cool:

Captain Earth episodes 1-2: gave up on this. Not really my scene and too reminiscent of so many other better shows. Is the earth really being invaded by two people based on the moon? I just don't care enough to find out. From the MVM Christmas mystery bundle, so only a £2 loss.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan episodes 1-6: Interesting look (sort of) at the wars fought by the Persian empire. (note to self: Must avoid criticising their jumbling of centuries of medieval warfare, as this is supposed to be about the fictional land of Pars). Never have I seen so many arrogant and stupid military commanders fighting religious wars .... oh, hang on.

Back