Your viewing journal

Detective Conan
Episodes 19+20
One of the few shows where I love the opening and ending songs.

Beautiful Bones Live Action
Episode 1
A bit low budget but the actress playing Sakurako is super cute. Her sidekick is now older.

Birdie Wing S1
Episodes 7+8

Undead Murder Farce episode 13 Meet again. (Complete. I thought this was very enjoyable and offered something different. I hope this gets a continuation.) 4/5

Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045
episodes 7-12 (Complete. Though it was nice to see the cast of SAC again, the CGI approach left me with mixed feelings, especially when looking at the character designs. There was enough here to enjoy though despite these flaws that I’ll check out the next season.) 3/5

Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 Season 2
episodes 13-20

Mashle ep1-2

I always vaguely meant to give this one a shot, but never got around to it. It’s kind of fun though, its sense of humour reminds me of Saiki-K.

Lupin III: From Siberia With Love (1992)

Only got about half way through this the other night, haven’t quite summoned up the enthusiasm to finish it yet, which probably isn’t a good sign. It starts strongly and it feels like Dezaki was taking a more hands-on approach to directing this time, but it sags in the middle and I’m really starting to feel that the screenwriter they‘ve got for these early specials can’t write women at all.

The Great Cleric (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Completed)
The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-12 (Completed)
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (Japanese audio) - Episode 9

My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventurer Episode 1 Seems like a interesting watch.

The Devil is a Part-Timer!! Season 2 Part 2 Episode 24 (Complete. A decent continuation overall and a sequel that has been worth the wait. I would definitely welcome any futher adaptions should they ever materialize.) 3.5/5

Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season episode 34 Counting on.

Rurouni Kenshin (2023) episode 13 Sealed lips.

Spy Classroom Season 2 episode 24 Point of blame. (Complete. I found this to be a more enjoyable season than the first, perhaps due to the arcs being stronger for me.) 3.5/5

The Devil is a Part Timer! Season 2 Part 2
episode 24 Storage. (Complete. An underwhelming second half to this sequel season.) 3/5

Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 Season 2
episodes 21-24 (Complete. An improvement on the first season and a decent watch overall.) 3.5/5

Ghost Stories (Rewatch)
episodes 1-9

Frieren - Episode 1.

First new entry for the season but what an entrance it is. High quality production so far, I hope this can keep up the same momentum. I'm not going to rush this as it seems like it's best enjoyed with full attention given to it.

Lycoris Recoil - Episodes 1-4

Love this show hope they eventually carry it on!

Watched Frieren 1-4 - So far definitely my anime of the year, perhaps best in several years that I have seen.

I noticed in episode 1 it shows a close up of Frieren holding a ring in her hand, but we never see her with one on the finger. I wonder if Himmel asked her to marry him at some point. Not seen anyone else mention this in any reddit or MAL discussions of the anime episodes so far.
ring.png

Reign of the Seven Spellblades (English Dub) Episode 11

The Devil is a Part-Timer!! Season 2 Part 2 (English Dub) Episode 22

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Episode 1-4 Curious to see how the rest of the story unfolds.

Reign of the Seven Spellblades Episode 13 Teamwork takedown.

Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End episodes 1-4 A promising start to this fantasy series.

Ghost Stories (Rewatch) episodes 10-19 & Special (Complete. This is the first time I’ve watched the series with the original sub so it was almost jarring to see the story taken seriously. It works pretty well though and it was nice to finally upgrade from DVD to BD.) 3.5/5

Gintama: The Final (Film)
& Semi-Final Specials This was a very solid end for one of my favourite Long-running series’. 4/5

Girly Air Force (Rewatch)
episodes 1-10

Back