Your viewing journal

Attack on Titan Final Season THE FINAL CHAPTERS Special 1 A mind made up.

Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte episode 9 Ready.

Farming Life in Another World episode 9 Vent.

The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made Season 2 episode 20 Suitability.

Studio Ghibli Rewatch Marathon: Nausicaä Of the Valley of the Wind (Film) An impressive film that still stands as one of the studio’s strongest, despite being only the second feature film that Hayao Miyazaki directed. The story also holds up well, and is one of the few direct manga adaptations from Miyazaki’s own work. 4.5/5

Studio Ghibli Rewatch Marathon: Castle in the Sky (Film)
A very fun adventure narrative that packs in solid ideas, atmosphere and charm, though I did find the leads and villain to be a bit less engaging for me here than in later Ghibli films - Dola is very fun though, as are those awesome robots, and the ideas and themes here provided inspiration for concepts down the line by other studios. 3.5/5

Studio Ghibli Rewatch Marathon: Grave of the Fireflies (Film)
A difficult film to revisit due to the emotional weight it carries and how poignant its narrative and resolution are. 4/5

Studio Ghibli Rewatch Marathon: My Neighbor Totoro (Film)
Though an iconic film in Studio Ghibli’s filmography that feels fairly laidback and whimsical, I’m not quite as big on this as most. 3.5/5

Out of curiosity, which English dub version do you prefer (I rather like both!)? :)

It was my first time watching the Animaze dub yesterday and out of the two I think I prefer this one but like you I do enjoy both but I think I prefer this as they use their actual names as opposed to Wolf (though I know that was because of legal issues at the time) and was interesting hearing David Hayter as Lupin, it's distinct from his role as Snake from Metal Gear Solid but you can still hear a little of it from time to time which I found amusing.

Also as an extra added note, despite not having a 4K TV or monitor, I could notice the upgrade over the Studio Canal blu-ray release which still looked good.

Squid Girl episodes 7-12 and extras: I enjoyed it but probably not enough to splash out for the second season (unless it's on special of course). The creepy dolls in the penultimate episode (very like those ones found on the beach that scared John Oliver so) are going to give me nightmares.

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten ep 8
Head pats all round.

The Tale of Outcasts eps 7 & 8
Brewing storm and possession.

Vinland Saga s2 e8
Downtrodden.

Attack on Titan: The Final Season (Japanese audio) - Episode 29 (The Final Chapters Part 1)
BLUE LOCK (Japanese audio) - Episode 21
BLUE LOCK: Additional Time! (Japanese audio) - Episode 21
My Hero Academia Season 6 (Japanese audio) - Episode 22
Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 3 (Japanese audio) - Episode 21 (Completed)

Don’t Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro S2 ep1-7

Pretty sure I said I wasn’t going to go back to this, and yet, here we are. Originally, I’d dismissed this as just more of the same from the first season, but I came back to it as I felt the need for something undemanding, and was surprised at how much it seems to even out as it goes on. A couple of gags aside, it feels like the series has fully embraced its wholesome side and has even dared to develop the characters a little more.

Lupin III vs Cat’s Eye

I’ve seen people really dunk on this one for the CGI, but honestly, I think it’s fine. Visually, it’s certainly not on a par with Trigun Stampede, but the CG is mostly okay and the film is pretty much on a par with the more recent Lupin specials, if not a little better than usual. One comment I’ve seen is that the film doesn’t do as much to convey the personalities of the Cat’s Eye characters for anyone unfamiliar (which will likely be a lot of folk at this point) as the Lupin cast, which I think is a fair criticism, but at the same time, I don’t think they are as strongly defined to begin with. I like Cat’s Eye, but even after a dozen or so episodes, I think I’d still struggle to name the main characters.

Actually, my main complaint with the film is that when I saw they’d put Lupin in the pink jacket, I expected something a lot zanier…

Chillin' in My 30's after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army Episode 9 Revelation.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack Episode 22 Curious cousin.

My Hero Academia Season 6 Episode 22 A place to return to.

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement Episode 9 Consultation.

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten Episode 9 Outing.

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Excorcist in Another World Episode 9 Resolute.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 3rd Season Episode 65 House visit and heartfelt honesty. (Complete. A fun final outing from this series - I will welcome any futher adaptions should they ever happen to materialize.) 3.5/5

Blue Lock episode 21 Breakaway.

Chillin' in My 30s after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army episode 9 Truths.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack episode 22 Model students.

My Hero Academia Sixth Season episode 135 Burdened.

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement episode 9 Ruthless restaurant.

The Fire Hunter episode 8 Coming a long way.

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Exorcist in Another World episode 9 Liberation?

Trigun Stampede episode 9 Cold sleep.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun Season 3 episode 21 Perfect student. (Complete. I’d say that this was about on par with the previous two seasons in terms of enjoyment.) 3.5/5

Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break
episode 21 Hime Hime intensifies.

Studio Ghibli Rewatch Marathon: Kiki’s Delivery Service (Film) A simple yet endearing premise that takes an everyday approach to fantasy and delivers some nice character developments. I’m not sure that the film needed a big action climax though narratively it does conclude the story nicely. 4/5

Studio Ghibli Rewatch Marathon: Only Yesterday (Film)
This is the Ghibli film that I’ve seen the most recently, and my rewatch here maintains my strong and positive enjoyment for the story on offer. It’s a must watch of theirs. 4.5/5

Studio Ghibli Rewatch Marathon: Porco Rosso (Film)
Porco Rosso is a lot of fun, and Miyazaki clearly revels in the airborne action and themes throughout. 4/5

Studio Ghibli Rewatch Marathon: Ocean Waves (Film)
I found this to be a tepid watch that dragged, and I disliked the leads - this is one of the weakest Ghibli films for me. 2/5

Attack on Titan: The Final Season - The Final Chapters (Japanese) - Special 1

Bungo Stray Dogs (Season 4) (Japanese) - Episode 46

Last edited:
Natsume's Book of Friends Season 1 (REWATCH) (English dubbed) - Still as delightful as when I first saw it years ago and the English dub is excellent :)

The Hudsucker Proxy - Great film, a sharp satire with heart and amazing score and cinematography, the world of the film is so well realised and feels like the best Tim Burton films very noir-art deco Batman: TAS kinda vibes though it is live action, kept noticing things like the beautiful lighting and balance of colours in every scene, and the leads give engaging performances :)

Natsume's Book of Friends Season 1 (REWATCH) (English dubbed) - Still as delightful as when I first saw it years ago and the English dub is excellent :)

The Hudsucker Proxy - Great film, a sharp satire with heart and amazing score and cinematography, the world of the film is so well realised and feels like the best Tim Burton films very noir-art deco Batman: TAS kinda vibes though it is live action, kept noticing things like the beautiful lighting and balance of colours in every scene, and the leads give engaging performances :)

you know, for kids ⭕

Was so tempted to edit my post and put that line in it 🤣 🤣 🤣 Also I was thinking the film is rated PG and not actually really unsuitable for older children as long as they aren't too upset by it's darker themes XP

I watched it with a flatmate who got me into 30s screwball comedies when she saw how much I liked the fast wisecracking dialog bits. She knew a lot about them, and I learnt anything with Joan Blondell and/or Glenda Farrell is a winner! wish there was a good bluray boxset of those sort of films.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack (English Dub) Episode 18-19

My Hero Academia Season 6 (English Dub) Episode 20

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement (English Dub) Episode 6-7

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II (English Dub) Episode 15

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Excorcist in Another World (English Dub) Episode 6

By the Grace of the Gods 2nd Season Episode 21 New friends.

Handyman Saitou in Another World Episode 9 Living corpse.

In/Spectre Season 2 Episode 21 Personal sins.

Ippon Again! Episode 9 Clean sweep.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 290 Surveillance.

By the Grace of the Gods 2nd Season episode 21 Making new friends.

Handyman Saitou in Another World episode 9 Yo-ho-ho!

In/Spectre Season 2 episode 21 Oversharing.

Ippon Again! episode 9 Ice cream.

To Your Eternity 2nd Season episode 19 Spirits.

Studio Ghibli Rewatch Marathon: Pom Poko (Film) A film with an environmental message and inflating ballsacks, Pom Poko is a simple but enjoyable film, though as I noted on my first watch it does perhaps feel a bit longer than needed. 3.5/5

Studio Ghibli Rewatch Marathon: Whisper of the Heart (Film)
The relatable themes of self-improvement and doubting one’s writing abilities, alongside some wonderful yet simple character moments really elevated this film for me on this rewatch 4.5/5

Studio Ghibli Rewatch Marathon: Princess Mononoke (Film)
Deservedly one of Ghibli’s most acclaimed films, PM also feels like the most mature outing since Nausicaä, and sees the environmental messages explored previously portrayed to their full potential. 4.5/5

Psycho Armor Govarian - Episodes 8 - 26 [Final]

Govarian was a pretty good show, an interesting story with cool antagonist ship and mecha designs and I enjoyed it a lot, although it did have a rather strange cast of characters!

Back