Your viewing journal

Bloom into you
1-13

Just binged watch this all today
Really enjoyed in... Ending could of been abit better but overall it good
Solid 8.5/10

Edit... Did check if there was a chance for a season 2.....its very mixed.... Alot are asking for it... I can see why...but its been 4 years... So.. Hope is not lost but also alot think it wont happen

Last edited:
And You Thought There Is Never a Girl Online?
Episodes 1 - 12

A good series, not that fan service heavy (other than one of the episodes featuring the girls staying over).

Josee, the Tiger and the Fish

A nice little movie with some plot twists along the way. Good music as well

Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villainess Lieselotte episode 1 Voices from above.

Farming Life in Another World episode 1 Tools of the trade.

Sgt. Frog episodes 14-22, 24-32, 34-36, 39-40

Endo and Kobayashi Live! The Latest on Tsundere Villain Liesellote Episode 1 Divine voices.

Farming Life in Another World Episode 1 A farmers life.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV Episode 12 Trapped.

My Life as Inukai-san's Dog (Uncensored) Episode 1 Wasn't expecting there to be a potential uncensored version of this until the BD's came out so this was a nice surprise.

ONIMAI: I'm Now Your Sister! (Uncensored) Episode 1 While not as explicit as the above title - still far better than the censored Crunchyroll version.

Spy Classroom Episode 1 Looks like this will be an intriguing watch.

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 1 Seems interesting enough - 3 eps rule for this one.

The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World Episode 1 Enrollment.

Urusei Yatsura (2022) Episode 12 Cheeky cousin.

(12/31/2022) I also finished More than a Married Couple, but Not Lovers Eps 3-12 (End) and I'm a bit up in the air right now with this series - it was a good series, but of course left everything hanging with no resolution, which I find extremely frustrating. But, I see there will be a second season, so they have a chance to hopefully wrap things up properly. I did enjoy most of this season, although there were a few typical anime tropes present that always grind on me, but I'll give them all a pass until I get to see the rest of the anime. Knowing there will be a second season, I'll still give this season an 8/10.

So I rewatched this entire series a second time already - this time showing it to my mother, who picked it out after dropping Momokuri, and we just finished up Eps 8-12 last night at 2:00 am(!). My mother loved the series, and I actually appreciated it much more this second time around, so I think I will up my rating to a 9/10. First time around I was mostly rooting for the childhood friend to win out, but this time I think I'm squarely in the gyaru camp, as she's a much better fit for the MC, especially with helping him better himself.

Fl6GdtWWQAAo8EJ

BLUE LOCK (Japanese audio) - Episode 13
BLUE LOCK: Additional Time (Japanese audio) - Episode 13
Chillin' in My 30s after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
The Misfit of Demon King Academy II (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
My Hero Academia Season 6 (Japanese audio) - Episode 14
NieR:Automata Ver1.1a (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
Revenger (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
TRIGUN STAMPEDE (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 3 (Japanese audio) - Episode 13

Started more new shows today.

TRIGUN STAMPEDE was the first one as it's one of the more anticipated shows and one that I have not seen the previous anime for. Studio Orange has a great CG style and I really liked the way they adapted this one. Meryl's expressions and character movement was really great, and Vash as a character is very entertaining to which it felt like watching a retro anime. Definitely one to check out, and from my understanding this anime is not an adaptation of the manga's source material directly, nor is it a prequel or continuation to the previous series so it's basically Orange's take on the IP.

Revenger is an original anime series with a samurai revenge type plot. Apparently Gen Urobuchi wrote this one and while he's known for his shocking works from years ago he's pretty much fallen off the radar in recent years so seeing him in another big anime project has me intrigued. The first episode has a fairly interesting start with an ending that I actually didn't even predict would happen which is a plus as it basically avoids an unneeded subplot of sorts that a lot of anime tends to bring to the table. Animation is pretty good during the fight scenes and the character designs are pretty cool. Hope it sticks the landing.

NieR:Automata Ver1.1a is an overly anticipated anime and I'm glad it is because it's going to be the biggest upset of the season with the production that's being shown so far. Personally I enjoyed Automata but Gestalt/Replicant is the better one of the two for many reasons, but the 2D animation shown in this adaptation looks good. The puppet segment at the end is the best path which says a lot about this first episode. I think I read somewhere that apparently this will be an original story route so I expect some changes as we reach the second half of the series, but this is Yoko Taro who will hopefully pull something out of nowhere to keep the ride going.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II is a two-parter season but that means we get twice the Anos content than usual. It's been a while since I've watched Season 1 (and it's criminal that Aniplex didn't release it on Blu-ray despite it getting dubbed) but this first episode jumps straight into the story and it's animation holds up well. Anos voice actor did change due to the whole LiSA thing but I dig the VA replacement so it's fine by me. But yeah, the show still delivers and look forward to the rest of the season.

Chillin' in My 30s after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army I can see will be skipped over by a lot of people. The premise I enjoy a lot but the animation feels super off and incomplete, and while it's not an isekai it does have an overpowered main protagonist (though voiced by Sugita which fits considering the main protag is in his 30s) with a female companion that immediately likes him - both are tropes that people are fed up with at this point. Despite these flaws, I find my enjoyment for this episode in the same vein as how I felt with Banished from the Hero's Party, and while the latter is much more polished, it's doing enough to keep me entertained.

Last edited:
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro: 2nd Attack ep 1
Greetings and tights.

NieR:Automata Ver1.1a ep 1
I remembered most of that from a playthrough I saw. They only did the start of the game, so the rest of the story should be fresh.

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten ep 1
Seems like it'll be a slow burn romance. The characters aren't particularly grabbing me, but I hope I'll warm to them as we learn more. She certainly seems to have a bit of a backstory that's interesting.

Blue Lock episode 13 Insecure.

Chillin' in My 30s after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army episode 1 Stab.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack episode 13 Greeting.

My Hero Academia Sixth Season episode 127 Recap and ravaged.

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement episode 1 High utility.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II episode 14 Bargaining chip.

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Exorcist in Another World episode 1 Nature of the magic.

Trigun Stampede episode 1 I’m giving this new adaptation a fair shot.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun Season 3 episode 13 Announcement.

Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break episode 11 Indomitable.

Sgt. Frog episodes 41-43, 45-46, 48-51, 55-56, 58, 71, 80-82, 85, 94, 97-98, Sgt. Frog Movie (Film)

Last edited:
Fl6GdtWWQAAo8EJ

Revenger is an original anime series with a samurai revenge type plot. Apparently Gen Urobuchi wrote this one and while he's known for his shocking works from years ago he's pretty much fallen off the radar in recent years so seeing him in another big anime project has me intrigued. The first episode has a fairly interesting start with an ending that I actually didn't even predict would happen which is a plus as it basically avoids an unneeded subplot of sorts that a lot of anime tends to bring to the table. Animation is pretty good during the fight scenes and the character designs are pretty cool. Hope it sticks the landing.

Urobuchi did write Bubble, seriously everyone, watch Bubble! :)

Aria The Natural
Charming and gentle. Very easy to watch and it's always a pleasure to spend time in this world. With the characters established they were able to get more emotional with their stories and I also really enjoyed how weird this season was willing to get.

Cardcaptor Sakura episodes 64-70
That was both satisfying and unsatisfying. I kinda feel this story could’ve been told in less than half the number of episodes and been more engaging. The amount of wheel spinning and repetitive nature of the bulk of the series was tiresome but it helped immensely to stop binging the whole thing and split up the episodes into batches.

The Relative Worlds rewatch
Good film this. Great premise, interesting characters, great action, good story, well paced and though cgi isn't to everyone's tastes I think it looks amazing.

Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? III
By far the best series of this show so far. A really compelling story and some great action.

Fl_AxKhXEAEyghB

Handyman Saitou in Another World (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
In/Spectre Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 1

Started another batch of new shows today.

Handyman Saitou in Another World was surprisingly great. While they don't delve into how Saitou gets isekai'd, the cast introduced were fun especially the wizard which is a nice change of pace in terms of representation, and animation-wise looked pretty good (studio working on this is C2C who also worked on the underrated series Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy-). I'm really looking forward to more of this to be honest. It does have a strange way of telling the story as it's similar to Nichijou's structure with multiple segments in an episode but so far it's good stuff.

In/Spectre is back and it still holds up on the animation, characters and story-telling. I know Season 1's issue was that one very long arc, so hopefully Season 2 improves on that with more smaller arcs that don't take too long to get to their conclusion. This is definitely one of the better Crunchyroll originals and I'm glad the show did well enough to get a new season so we can see more of what these characters encounter on their daily yokai monogatari style adventure.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 282 Sasuke sets off.

By the Grace of the Gods 2nd Season episode 13 Security measures.

Handyman Saitou in Another World episode 1 An unorthodox party.

In/Spectre Season 2 episode 13 Ghost entertainment.

Ippon Again! episode 1 Renewed resolve.

One Piece episode 1046 Glimpse of the future.

To Your Eternity 2nd Season episode 11 Awaiting mission.

Sgt. Frog episodes 101-103, 109-110, 112-113, 116, 122, 127, 132-133, 136, 141-142, 149, 151, Sgt. Frog Movie 2 (Film)

Last edited:
Handyman Saitou in Another World was surprisingly great. While they don't delve into how Saitou gets isekai'd, the cast introduced were fun especially the wizard which is a nice change of pace in terms of representation, and animation-wise looked pretty good (studio working on this is C2C who also worked on the underrated series Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy-).

This one was definitely on my to watch list, the PV looked good.

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War (English Dub) Episode 376

By the Grace of the Gods 2nd Season Episode 13 Security upgrade.

Chillin' in My 30's after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army Episode 1 Stabbed.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 2nd Attack Episode 13 Greeting forms.

Handyman Saitou in Another World Episode 1 This should be a fun watch.

In/Spectre Season 2 Episode 13 I'm looking forward to another season of supernatural cases.

Ippon Again! Episode 1 I don't usually watch sports animes but I'm willing to give them a chance depending on the type of sport.

My Hero Academia Season 6 Episode 14 Recap.

NieR: Automata Ver1.1a Episode 1 Going into this blind having never played any of the games.

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement Episode 1 Profitable.

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten Episode 1 An invasive neighbor.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Episode 14 Wager.

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Excorcist in Another World Episode 1 Seems like an interesting watch.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 3rd Season Episode 57 Declaration.

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Exorcist in Another World ep1: What an annoying series; they tease a cool historical fantasy and then plonk the boring, constantly narrating main character in a generic fantasy setting to relive his life in a lamer way. I would have wanted to watch the actual onmyouji show! There is nothing that stands out about this generically-named isekai-by-numbers, it's just a rerun of Mushoku Tensei only with uglier designs.

Buddy Daddies ep1: Really liked this, violent assassin hijinks with a found family theme. Worth it for the dark-haired lead's constant 'done with life' scowls. A lot of people seem to be comparing it to Spy x Family which isn't really fair; to me it feels more like a more focused Tiger & Bunny (or maybe Double Decker). It was a great palate cleanser after all of the stuff aimed at younger viewers and I'm interested in learning more about the backstory hints which have been teased so far. So I guess this is a keeper.

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale ep1: A sugary shoujo cooking series with a complex backdrop of systemic oppression, privilege and tragic fantasy. I was expecting more of the former from the key art so it was quite the surprise when the other themes muscled in quite early in the first episode! There is a lot of focus on slavery but here it's not just set dressing for the lead to collect a new scantily clad waifu (I hope), it's a core part of the main plot. The lead is embarrassingly naive in wanting to be considered a good person while failing to properly understand her companion's viewpoint but I'm expecting her growth to be an important part of the show, so I'm not going to hold it against her. Far more interesting in the male lead, who clearly has a lot going on and his own ways of dealing with his bitterness. I want him to find a way to be happy and I want to see her learn how to turn her performative good-heartedness into something more significant, so I'll continue and keep my fingers crossed that things will improve for the fairy characters soon.

Revenger ep1: Another good show - three in a row?! Objectively Revenger is a fairly generic samurai romp so far but adult characters with drive are in short supply in modern anime, so I'm liking it a lot. It doesn't patronise the viewer and spoon feed the plot with intrusive self-indulgent narration. The basic setup reminds me of Gintama for reasons that would be obvious to anyone who has seen both. It's cool though and I'll keep watching for now.

Handyman Saitou in Another World ep1: Yet another isekai but this one immediately stands out amidst all of the chuunibyou nonsense this season for having a down-to-earth, sensible chap reincarnated into an adventuring party who more-or-less accept one another in spite of their glaring personal flaws. There are no stupid 'everyone hates him for no reason' or 'he buys a slave and gains a harem' subplots and our hero seems like a decent human being, which is in itself a rarity. He uses his ordinary handyman skills to fulfil the traditional thief/rogue role in his party and constantly has to think outside the box to solve adventuring problems, so while I won't be watching any further I appreciated this debut for having a strong premise and injecting a little imagination into the genre.

Onimai ep1: Probably the worst first episode of the season so far for me. A loser's little sister turns him into her own little sister, ostensibly to rehabilitate him into a functioning member of society, except that the real reason is obviously to accommodate an endless parade of tropey heteronormative cliches about using toilets, buying underwear and him suddenly finding the BL game he 'accidentally' bought in the past sexy because he's physically become a girl. There is a very small chance that this somehow rescues itself later on with a reveal that the lead was always repressing his preferences (seriously, who accidentally buys an expensive 18+ BL game and keeps it around if they hate BL?!) but I'm willing to bet that the payoff isn't worth all of the casual sexualisation of the lead's young-looking new body and awkward stereotyping. No thanks.

The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World ep1: I'm certain that I've seen this show before. Is there a single moment in its first episode which even attempts to insert an original idea? The lead is a typical overpowered MC (not a problem on its own) who is apparently (?) infiltrating a fancy school as part of a military plot (?), and he's definitely not the super-secret famous Iceblade Sorcerer who is so super-secret that nobody knows anything about them. The world building would have been terrible if this was a game; it's cringe-worthy as the backdrop to a story. The only part of this I enjoyed was that the lead just calmly flirted with all of the ridiculous bullies who were picking on him for no reason, instead of being a ragey loser about it. But overall I didn't like it.

NieR Automata Ver1.1a ep1: I haven't played NieR Automata firsthand but I watched most of my partner's playthrough, which means that I'm loosely familiar with the content but missed a bunch of key scenes. The heavy use of CG in this premiere was disappointing when the designs of NieR are so gorgeous but for some reason I could forgive it more than usual; perhaps it is because of the source material, or perhaps it's just because most of the world is inorganic in the first place. Following the plot properly while vaguely knowing what's going on feels good and I thought that the leads came off really well. I'm looking forward to seeing the story told in full this time around, though if the animation falls back more on CG and less on the attractive 2D designs I might check out at some point.

The Tale of Outcasts ep1: This came close to being interesting; I like the various subplots that appear to be coalescing and the core premise is nice. I don't know whether it's an issue with the adaptation or the source material, though, but the constant escalation of melodrama in the first episode quickly became silly rather than serious - it dragged the misery on too long and weakened its impact as a result. The baddies are too comically irredeemable to be taken seriously and the lead is too clearly painted as a victim, though at least she did find some agency in the end. It's no Black Butler but if my schedule was less busy I might continue to watch to see whether things improve now that the overwrought tragedy stuff is out of the way.

R

Back