Your viewing journal

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 162 Scent of a ninja.

Monster Girl Doctor episode 7 Ensnared.

Last Exile -Fam, the Silver Wing- episodes 10-21 (Complete. Despite some solid action setpieces this didn’t quite live up to the Last Exile namesake. It has its moments here and there though, especially towards the finale.) 3/5

Anemone: Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution (English audio) - Film

I watched Anemone: Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution via the English dub (as I've watched the rest of the franchise that way). It's an interesting take to the franchise and I liked it a lot. Though that being said, I do think it falters during its final act but I do understand what they were trying to do. The dub is pretty solid. Animation is really solid and the music was stunning. In fact the aspect ratio change actually works in this film compared to the previous one. The film as a whole is separate from the rest of the franchise but references various events of the original series (and bits of Hi-Evolution 1) so watching those first does help. Context: The Hi-Evolution Trilogy was originally designed to be a prequel, recap and new ending but the first film was terrible so they scrapped the idea.

Overall, solid film with a bit of a disappointing final act but I'll give it a 7/10. Worth buying on Blu-ray if you are a fan.

Samurai 7 Episodes 1-5

Orgun pointed out this was on Netflix and I was in the mood to revisit it. I remember quite liking it at the time but it might even be better than I gave it credit for. I love Kurosawa's original film and though this is a totally different beast in many ways it does capture the spirit of the story and the characters are fantastic. Looks quite nice for when it was made too. Though the CG is a bit distracting when integrated with the more traditionally animated parts it holds up better than some CG of that era.

Last edited:
Simulcast:

SAO S3 Episodes 18 + 19

Breakwater Club Episode 7

Uzaki Chan Episode 7

Streaming:

Music Girls Episode 7

Z/X: Code Reunion Episode 1

Z/X: Code Reunion is kinda funny, only becuase it sounds like they keep saying Sex
So: This school only takes top-class girls from around Japan who have partnered up with Z/X [Sex]

APPARE-RANMAN ep 8
Bringing out your strength.

Lapis Re:LiGHTs ep 8
Felt a bit like a finale until the post credits cliffhanger.

Monster Girl Doctor ep 7
Along came a spider.

Ninja Collection ep 7
Owl be seeing you.

The God of High School ep 8
Memories.

Fruits Basket s2 e21
A shaft of light in the dark.

Fruits Basket 2nd Season episode 46 Memories fade but the scars still linger.

The God of High School episode 8 Friendship outside the ring.

Library War episodes 1-12 & OVA (Complete. An unusual anime premise but the story is taken fairly seriously when needed to deliver decent characters and plot developments. Sadly, the sequel movie hasn’t been licensed as far as I can see and wasn’t on any streaming services I use.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Library War episodes 1-12 & OVA (Complete. An unusual anime premise but the story is taken fairly seriously when needed to deliver decent characters and plot developments. Sadly, the sequel movie hasn’t been licensed as far as I can see and wasn’t on any streaming services I use.) 3.5/5
The japanese release does have english subtitles.
------------------
Eps 1-9 of Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These (rewatch)
Ep 7 of Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld Part 2
Ep 8 of The God of High School
Ep 6 of Balance: Unlimited
Ep 7 of Fire Force Season 2
01.jpg

Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! Heart Throb episodes 11-12 (End)
More chunibyo shenanigans. Shichimiya was a fun addition to the cast.

Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! Heart Throb OVA

The Great Pretender episode 5

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Episodes 1-3 (Since it's my first time watching it, I've decided to go the original broadcast route so I'll be swapping out the blu ray discs a few times. e.g. Episode 1 is episode 25.)

Black Clover episode 140 Keeping promises of a bodily fashion.

Diary of our Days at the Breakwater episode 8 Water (and shrimps) under the bridge.

Muhyo & Roji’s Bureau of Supernatural Investigation 2nd Season episode 20 Reunion.

UMAYON episode 8 Suit up.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These episodes 1-12 (Complete. A very solid re-introduction into the world of LOTGH. It sets up the story nicely and was suitably engaging throughout.) 4/5

Last edited:
Children of the Sea (sub)
Beautiful, but baffling. Utterly baffling. End of Evangelion baffling!
Starts out pretty conventionally with a girl starting summer break and after some events meets a boy at her father's workplace. And his story is the first "huh, OoooooKaaaaay" and from there it just gets weirder and weirder till the finale, which whilst stunning, is a "what in the actual holy hell is going on!" Made the silliness in Ride Your Wave seem like complete normality!
6/10
Again more money saved, although again might still get it when cheap.

Plastic Memories-I'm finishing up a rewatch of this. Really don't see why this series gets such a bad rap from all the reviewers. Like every show it has its weaknesses but I really enjoyed it. The last episode is a real tearjerker.

Kabukichou Sherlock OVA
A collection of 6 segments of side stories featuring Sherlock and the gang. One is set before the series and one definitely after and the rest could be any time. My favourite were probably the first one with Moriarty's first meeting with the child gang and the last one with Watson and Mary.
7/10

Breakwater
ep 8
Timing is everything.

DECA-DENCE ep 8
Body snatching.

UMAYON ep 8
The power of justice!

Re:ZERO s2 e8
Again a whole episode to learn very little and still pretty much back where we were 3 episodes ago!
One thing we did learn is that Subaru is going to need The Holy Handgrenade of Antioch 😄
20200826_190921.gif

Gibiate ep 7
Family reunion.

Golden Kamuy s1 OVA
Thought this would just be a fun side story, but it was actually pretty plot relevant.
There was some pretty intense moments.
8/10

Back