Your viewing journal

Dannielle said:
Dan said:
Madoka Magica - ep 1

Definitely not my thing. Didn't think it would be but since it's in the top 5 of peoples top 10's on here I thought I'd give it a go but nah not for me.

Awe, you gotta watch at least three episodes of Madoka.

(you really do)

Tbh I have broken my rule of watching at least 3 or 4 eps. I just couldn't cope with the whole little shy girl, who's really some big deal, she had a really annoying voice, the cute little sidekick and that sparkling sorta sound that they kept doing (hope that makes some sort of sense, haha). I'm sure it's a great series but so much was putting me off and I wasn't to keen on the art style either. Add to that that my wife kept looking at me and me at her thinking WTH.

Dan said:
Dannielle said:
Dan said:
Madoka Magica - ep 1

Definitely not my thing. Didn't think it would be but since it's in the top 5 of peoples top 10's on here I thought I'd give it a go but nah not for me.

Awe, you gotta watch at least three episodes of Madoka.

(you really do)

Tbh I have broken my rule of watching at least 3 or 4 eps. I just couldn't cope with the whole little shy girl, who's really some big deal, she had a really annoying voice, the cute little sidekick and that sparkling sorta sound that they kept doing (hope that makes some sort of sense, haha). I'm sure it's a great series but so much was putting me off and I wasn't to keen on the art style either. Add to that that my wife kept looking at me and me at her thinking WTH.

I can understand that completely, it is definitely very cutey from the outlook however .. Madoka isn't what it all appears to be ;) , I can't say more without spoilers but I would recommend going back to it one day :3

If that seems pushy, I'm sorry ..it's just one hell of a show once it gets going.

I recently watched madoka too. It took a few episodes to get into but it isn't your typical magical girl series, though it starts out as such. It was very good though & I've never liked magical girl series.

Dannielle said:
I can understand that completely, it is definitely very cutey from the outlook however .. Madoka isn't what it all appears to be ;) , I can't say more without spoilers but I would recommend going back to it one day :3

If that seems pushy, I'm sorry ..it's just one hell of a show once it gets going.

No not pushy at all, thanks for the info. I might have to grit my teeth for a while :lol:

Tbh I noticed our top 10's were quite similar, so I'm very interested in what your saying. I'm also gonna check out some of the things you had on there that I hadn't seen.

Edit, just realised there is 2 Danielle's, haha. Can ignore the top 10 comment, it was the other Danielle

Re: Your

Joshawott said:
Lutga said:
I'm envious of anyone watching Madoka for the first time.
I actually find that as a series, it gets better with each subsequent rewatch.

True - I finished rewatching it a few weeks ago and definitely felt like I'd soaked in the art style more this time whereas my first watch naturally went more for the plot and characters.

Re: Your

Lutga said:
Joshawott said:
Lutga said:
I'm envious of anyone watching Madoka for the first time.
I actually find that as a series, it gets better with each subsequent rewatch.

True - I finished rewatching it a few weeks ago and definitely felt like I'd soaked in the art style more this time whereas my first watch naturally went more for the plot and characters.
It's also more than the art style. For example, you pick up on things that you wouldn't have known during the first viewing Like early on in the series when Homura tells Madoka that she's had to watch several of her friends die...yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah. I was left thinking "Oh crud, she meant THAT!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Space Dandy (English Dub) - Episodes 03-06

Looks like lyrics were added to Episodes 5 and 6.

That Zombie episode was amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Madoka Magika - Eps 2-4.

Ok you were right, it's getting really interesting, plus there was a serious shift on tone. I'll keep watching it now :)

Note to self, never break the Golden rule, always watch 3-4 eps.

Dan said:
Madoka Magika - Eps 2-4.

Ok you were right, it's getting really interesting, plus there was a serious shift on tone. I'll keep watching it now :)

Note to self, never break the Golden rule, always watch 3-4 eps.

Don't judge a book by its cover lol.

Anohana Episodes 1-5

A nice show, nearly had me blubbing at the start of episode 5, and with 6 episodes left I can only imagine it'll get more emotional....

Spiral - Volume 4

A lot of stuff from this era is generally hit and miss, but this really is fantastic. I mean, a show that can spin a whole episode out of a game where you have to hit someone with a ball is doing wonders with its script. It feels tight, clever and witty - and the character designs and English dub are very nicely done too. Top stuff.

Red Hawk

I've only got a few more of the 'Manga collection' to watch after this - oddly enough, I kind of enjoyed this - it's better than some of the others in the collection any, especially if you just want aimless dumb violence and a crappy plot. Nice use of a classic Manga 'sweary' dub too.

Naruto - Series 4 (the Tsunade arc)

Despite having watched loads of Shippuden, I'd always put off watching a lot of 'original' Naruto as I found it too childish/dated looking - but this arc was really, really great and makes a lot of later stuff make sense. It's nice to see Tsunade and Shizune actually see some proper action instead of sitting around like they end up doing for so much of Shippuden. The big fight between the three Sanin is really well animated and the stuff with Kabuto properly ramps up the suspense too.

Back