Your top 2 Ghibli titles

Outlawstar

Thousand Master
I dont know if this has been done before but I would like you to tell me your favourite 2 Miyazaki/Ghibli titles and why.

My favourite 2 are Spirited away(because its the first anime I ever bought,oh and its also a work of brilliance and one of the most rewatched animes in my collection)
And....ooooh tough one,probably only yesterday,I know the slow pace isint to everybodys tastes but I found it to be one of the most memorable movies Ive ever seen anime or not,and the ending is just perfect.

I have only seen two Ghibli movies so far and i love them both.

Laputa - Castle in the sky
KiKi's Deliver Service

Both films that i love to watch when i dont want to engage the brain and have a bit of fun.

Thats a hard one =/

Umm, I'd say..Princess Mononoke is my favourite.

and.. Spirited Away 2nd.

Mhm. :3

Silver said:
Thats a hard one =/

Umm, I'd say..Princess Mononoke is my favourite.

and.. Spirited Away 2nd.

Mhm. :3

The same, except I'd go Spirited Away then Princess Mononoke.

Laputa wasn't bad either. :?

Hyaku said:
I thought Laputa was near enough amazing [though just not quite good enough for top two] with the Japanese version, the characters voices are magic, which the dub is... well... the only bad Ghibli dubbing.

Lupus Inu said:
Hyaku said:
I thought Laputa was near enough amazing [though just not quite good enough for top two] with the Japanese version, the characters voices are magic, which the dub is... well... the only bad Ghibli dubbing.

I saw the dub. :cry:

Lupus Inu said:
Hyaku said:

I thought the dub was on par with some Disney voice casts, I really thought the voice for Dola was spot on. However in terms of animation I have to say that the animation I have seen excels most things I have seen from the Disney studios.

When I first say the animation in KiKi's and Laputa all I could think was "wow" are these films really this old.

Aghhh I hate top twe's it so hard to decide on my faves. At the moment I would have to say its:

Porko Russo
The Cat Returns

With Kiki in close third position

Kiki’s Delivery Service. Exquisite artwork and a story that is just so utterly charming.

Nausicaa. I’d seen and loved Spirited Away, but it was when I saw Nausicaa that I realised that Japanese animation was actually something really special.

Out of the ones I've seen, the ones that always stick in my head are:
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Princess Mononoke

I still like the others a lot, but these 2 will stay there, unless I see others, like Howl's Moving Castle.

Back