your ideas to put anime back on tv

Animefreak17

Godhand
i know its unlikely but if you had a chance to put anime back on tv what tv channels and animes would you choose

for movies would be gibli movies
and for series it depends on the age ratings ( including movies)

U - 12s during the day
15 from 9 at night - midnight
18 from midnight to 5 in the morning

no hentat that gose without saying
longer running series like dragon ball z should run during the day like 2 or 3 episodes a day and 1 episode for short running series like cowboy bebop

dragonball series
naruto series
bleach
FMA/ brotherhood
robotech
soul eater
mar
code geass
yu yu hakusho
gundam series
trigun
cowboy bebop
ouran high school
yugioh

should have its own time slot like 3-4 hours a day like toonami

I personally think that there could be TV networks that could make an anime channel. My personal favourite candidate would be UKTV, the network that runs Dave, G.O.L.D., Yesterday etc. They broadcast almost nothing but repeats so would be sued to importing shows that are repeated constantly.

I'd agree with some of your choices. No doubt we would need the big franchises such as Bleach, Naruto and FMA. If we could get One Piece that would be a boon too. I'd also nominate to show Gurren Lagann, Aria and Azumanaga Daioh among others.

Well, I think AnimeCentral kinda shown that a full TV channel won't work. I wouldn't mind if there was say, a 2 hour block on a TV channel on a Sunday night (might be easier to convince them, as Saturday night is really prime time). Then when a show finishes, they can simply start another.

As for what shows I'd nominate, out of those that exist so far, my initial line-up would probably be:
Fairy Tail (Shonen shows may not do well in a late-night timeslot, but if they're scheduled to air first, they'll have a better chance)
Tiger & Bunny
Eden of the East
Steins;Gate

Then, as the block goes on, I'd probably want to add some of the following:
Un-Go
Usagi Drop
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (well, it needs a UK distributor first)
Wandering Son (See Madoka Magica)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

As much as I'd love to show K-ON!, it wouldn't survive in a late-night timeslot xD

Because honestly, a lot of the best shows, like Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: SAC and Azumanga Daioh received TV exposure in the past, I doubt they would be able to attract many new viewers and longer shonen shows like Naruto and Bleach have so many DVDs out now that people would have seen the episodes long before said block gets to air them, so that would ultimately run a big risk of being a loss on them. We could probably get away with smaller sized shows like Eden of the East though.

As for movies, Film4 have the monopoly over Ghibli. So while I imagine near the holiday seasons, said channel that owns the block would probably revert to traditional programming, the following could do well:
- Rebuild of Evangelion (Basically, show all 4 films are different times).
- Ghost in the Shell
- Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
- Eden of the East: King of Eden
- Eden of the East: Paradise Lost
- The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
- Summer Wars

Joshawott said:
As for movies, Film4 have the monopoly over Ghibli.

From what I heard Film4 have gotten rid of that monopoly, not that they had one in the first place because the BBC had Spirited Away.

Perhaps an animation channel which mixed Eastern and Western might do the trick. If it was split down the middle so that each Hemisphere had an equal share.

Ian Wolf said:
Joshawott said:
As for movies, Film4 have the monopoly over Ghibli.

From what I heard Film4 have gotten rid of that monopoly, not that they had one in the first place because the BBC had Spirited Away.

Perhaps an animation channel which mixed Eastern and Western might do the trick. If it was split down the middle so that each Hemisphere had an equal share.

Trouble is it would make for awkward scheduling because you'd have children's cartoons, adult swim type stuff and then not a lot in between.

The only way I could see it working, is if until 9pm, all of the programs are child friendly (like a lot of western cartoons and anime like Precure, K-ON!, Pokémon) then 9pm onwards is the more adult orientated anime and western animation (just no The Cleveland Show, because it's absolutely dire).

But then, didn't AnimeCentral have to be separate from PopGirl due to OfCom regulations or something?

name me a anime thats seems child friendly cause compare anime to today cartoons on citv and the child friendly shows of asia to them are exepable

we could have a tv channel dedicated to anime like anime central.
we could have something like toonami that shows 3 hours of anime on cartoon network so kids can watch anime and cartoons.

and carefully put a series one or two series on different channels to get people attention.

Well, CITV currently show Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! so presumably they would be good to go.

Other possible ideas could be Astro-Boy, but chances are you would have to show the 1980s colour version because most kids won't be interested in the original black-and-white.

Ian Wolf said:
Well, CITV currently show Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! so presumably they would be good to go.

Other possible ideas could be Astro-Boy, but chances are you would have to show the 1980s colour version because most kids won't be interested in the original black-and-white.

we could show the othe astro boy series with colour

kids like explosions, fights, transformation, likeable characters, a lil bit of a story,

when your in your teens and older you have a favourite genre and such.

bleach, naruto, has the transformation, the bad ass music, in a series you need bad ass music

Joshawott said:
Paradox295 said:
We could have a bake sale?!
^ This.

We should have a bake sale. We'll go to Tesco's bakery, buy a load of stuff and sell it on for a few quid more.

Nah, dude. Make stuff ourselves. We get loads of bread, mix it in with milk, I think, shove some sugar on top and we get some bread pudding! Who the hell doesn't like bread pudding?!

animefreak17 said:
name me a anime thats seems child friendly cause compare anime to today cartoons on citv and the child friendly shows of asia to them are exepable

we could have a tv channel dedicated to anime like anime central.
we could have something like toonami that shows 3 hours of anime on cartoon network so kids can watch anime and cartoons.

and carefully put a series one or two series on different channels to get people attention.
Seriously, though. A 24/7 anime channel will never work. Airing anime on an existing channel like Syfy or Adult Swim would work, though.

Ian Wolf said:

Or you could just show the 2003 Version and see if that works.

Project-2501 said:
How many countries have animax airing anime virtually 24/7?

I've heard some of the countries that have Animax don't even show Anime 24/7

theirsbailiff said:
Ian Wolf said:

Or you could just show the 2003 Version and see if that works.

Project-2501 said:
How many countries have animax airing anime virtually 24/7?

I've heard some of the countries that have Animax don't even show Anime 24/7

BBC did used to show the 2003 series.

Ian Wolf said:
Given that all the DVDs for the first series are rated PG, perhaps K-On! would be a good choice.
MangaUK seems convinced that K-ON! has no chance of even getting close to being mainstream in the UK; so I doubt they'd even give it a chance.

So er...why even license it then?

Back