Your best and worst films of 2007

Die Hard 4.0 was an awesome movie in my eyes. It was an action flick. That's basicly all there was to it. One huge excuse to blow as much up in as shorter time as possible. Along with McClaines little one liners I found it a very enjoyable watch. Yes parts were over the top at an extreme level but that's the type of film it was. The main theme in the Die Hard Films is Diasaster! An I think you could call this a disaster movie on speed. lol. I'm gonna buy it on DVD so I can watch it for stress relief. ^_^

McIcy said:
How can you all slate Die Hard 4.0 is rocked it has to be in my top 5 movies of the year.

Although I agree with the low ranking of the Simpsons, probably wouldn't make it into the top 10 of films of 2007

Gotta Agree With McIcy here, Live Free Die Hard is In My top 5 For this Year

thekendyman said:
McIcy said:
How can you all slate Die Hard 4.0 is rocked it has to be in my top 5 movies of the year.

Although I agree with the low ranking of the Simpsons, probably wouldn't make it into the top 10 of films of 2007

Gotta Agree With McIcy here, Live Free Die Hard is In My top 5 For this Year

No CGI (ok the only cgi bit is the jet scene but thats only because Washington wouldn't let them do it for real), all action with a geeky bit in there to add new ground for MacClane to handle.

I am gonna go see I am Legend on the 27th and from what I've heard about it, I may be adding that to my top 5

skikes said:
BEST - Planet Terror

WORST - Transformers

Yay, someone on this site who doesn't bum Transformers and the awful work Michael Bay brings to the world.

Now some of you slag off Die Hard 4.0 and then have transformers as your favourite! Die Hard 4 is how an action film should be made, Len Wiseman is far superior to Bay because unlike Bay he caters for fans of the series where as Bay just does it for the money all he's interested is having a film make him a load of money have some good looking girls in it and explosions.
Yeah they're both action films and i won't start ripping in to films made to cater for Nuts and Zoo readers but Die Hard was a class film and being a huge fan of the series i fully think it's up there with the first for the best out of all the Die Hard films. Farfetched yes it was but come on this is John McClane we're talking about, Die Hard 4 to me ace, great storyline, greta climax and brilliant end. Okay the F3510 maybe was a step too far but otherwise a solid action packed film. Not a pop culture referenced, explosion fest getting sucess because of the recent 80's nostalgia drive.

Personally for my fave films of 2007 they're most certainly not the best but the ones i enjoyed the most. I'd love to put some arty critically acclaimed films up there but to be honest my fave has to be Superbad.
Not your typical American Pie style teen movie, Superbad had class, well class in a bad taste kinda way. I havn't laughed at a film this much in a while it's witty and sets a new standard for teen movie's Seth Rogan is a legend.

Also my fave's of this year have been Brick, a modern day film noir style detective film that is so well acted and written even though it's on a low budget. Highly recommend it as it's so beautifully filmed and executed for a first time director, the guy has a bright future ahead of him.
And i can't not mention Die Hard 4, even lovers of more critically acclaimed and indie films love a bit of mind blowing testosterone filled action, and i for one loved it. Still aint seen the uncut version yet though.

Brick came out in 2005 but yes it's very good.

To all those who liked Die Hard, admit it, you were laughing at the goofiness of it all when he fought the jet. Also, it seemed rather tame thinking back. Lots of explosions does not equal a good action film.

Sy said:

To all those who liked Die Hard, admit it, you were laughing at the goofiness of it all when he fought the jet. Also, it seemed rather tame thinking back. Lots of explosions does not equal a good action film.

I thought it was a few years old but only just got round to seeing it a couple of months ago so i put it in this years batch.

And yeah, as much as i liked Die Hard 4 i did cringe at the jet fighter scene.

Sy said:

Swearing doesn't normally make a good film, but in die hards case it would be so much better, you could actually see where they'd dubbed over the swears. He doesn't even say his catchphrase fully.

And what happened to John being vunerable, in Die Hard 1 and 2 at least he got hurt and was a normal guy, now hes basically a super hero fighting Jets.

A good point though in 4.0- Kevin Smith[/spoiler]

I can't say I've been really disappointed with a film this year. Pirates of the Carribean 3 wasn't bad, it was just overlong. Highlander: Search for Vengeance on the other hand was bad, but in that cheesy 'so bad it's good' kind of way that's such a part of the Highlander tradition.

The best? The Bourne Ultimatum. It has all the action of Die Hard 4.0, but it's more than a well-shot action movie. Bourne thinks on his feet, shows remorse and even vulnerability on occasion. The whole movie is an adrenaline rush with brains.

My only criticism would be that the frenetic hand-held camera approach was a little overdone in places but overall it's a worthy addition to the franchise. After all, it's rare for the third part of a trilogy to be on par with the first two offerings.

All together now: "MATT DAMON!"

Martin said:
My only criticism would be that the frenetic hand-held camera approach was a little overdone in places

When i saw the film i did think that the camera-man was involved in the fight as he seemed to be flying around more than the people actually fighting at some points :p (Over exageration i know, its just my personality to do so!)

Two i forgot for the catergory of Worst, may have been released 2006 not sure but i think they were 2007, at leastt thats the year i saw them.

Premonition - absolutely terrible, why didn't i run away when i saw that Sandra Bullock was in it.

The Illusionist - Boring, drags and i guessed the end about 20 minutes in to the film.

My favourite would be Transformers. It didn't keep to the original (Mainly because the director, didn't like transformers, it just that he was convinced to do it), but it put in a heck of a lot of effort and came out amazing with grapics and final battle. They're even making a sequel from the success of the film.

My worst though is hard to say, seeing as I didn't see that many movies. Only three Spiderman 4, Transfomers, 300 and Simpsons. But the one I would critize most would be Simpsons, it was an awesome movie and all, but it really rushed the ending which ticked me off.

WalrusM3 said:
My favourite would be Transformers. It didn't keep to the original (Mainly because the director, didn't like transformers, it just that he was convinced to do it), but it put in a heck of a lot of effort and came out amazing with grapics and final battle. They're even making a sequel from the success of the film.

A sequel was inveitable really, though the question is will it get delayed due to the writers strike, paramount have said that the film would be out in cinemas (in the US) in june 2009, while they wanted shooting for the film to begin in june of this year. There's already rumours of which transformers will be in the second film and at the tope of the list are the Dinobots ( :D These better be in), Soundwave, the construcicons, and prehaps Tidal Wave (Michael Bay has said he wanted a aircraft carrier transformer and Tidal Wave fits the bill).

Back