Your anime viewing journal

Future GPX Cyber Formula - Episodes 6 - 27

Simple and very formulaic but I have to admit I'm really enjoying this re-watch. This show also epitomises a key difference between the what was airing in Japan and the US at the time because even for a show like this, which is obviously aimed at a pretty young audience, the violence and injury detail in some of the episodes is pretty graphic 😂

The Ghost in the Shell - Episode 10 [Final]

I really enjoyed this version of GitS and was a bit saddened that it was all over so quickly.

Yoroi Shinden Samurai Troopers - Episodes 22 - 24 [Final]

This was average at best, it got a bit tedious for me towards the end.
Star Dust OVA An average 30-minute OVA that came and went without leaving much of an impression. 2.5/5

The legendary, and massively over-hyped by loads of people who had never seen it, Star Dust OVA. It left exactly the same impression on me too.
 
That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime Season 4 episode 97 The Awakening. (Complete. For now at least, this was another very good season, looking forward to the second part next summer.) 4/5

The Elusive Samurai 2nd Season
episode 11 Planning.

Tactics episodes 8-25 (Complete. A supernatural series that was recommended via MAL, and was worth the watch.) 3.5/5
 
Steel Ball Run 2nd Stage ep1

It’s been so long since the previous episode, I did wonder if I ought to rewatch it in preparation, but who’s got time these days? Dudes on horses, high stakes race, let’s go.

Anyway, I did feel myself warming a little more to Johnny and Gyro by the end of the episode; alone I didn’t find them particularly likeable characters, but together they seem like an endearing double act. And yes, it is nice to have Jojo Fridays back again.
 
Tactics episodes 8-25 (Complete. A supernatural series that was recommended via MAL, and was worth the watch.) 3.5/5
And it was also recommended by yours truly back in 2007 on this very site... :cool:

(The manga (15 vols) sadly has had a very bumpy history in English, starting out with ADV, then taken over by Tokyopop only to crash out at #8 when that went under the first time, then JManga which died too...)
 
Ascendance of a Bookworm: Adopted Daughter of an Archduke episode 23 That voice again.

Detective Conan episode 1214 Slain star.

Grow Up Show: Sunflower Circus episode 13 All of us. (Complete. A solid premise executed competently but it’s not as good as say Kaleido Star.) 3/5

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 4
episode 24 Lively. (Complete. Possibly the weakest season so far. I’ll still check out season 5 though as I’ve invested this long and hope it picks up again from there.) 3/5

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You
episodes 1-12, The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You Season 2 episodes 13-18
 
A Wild Last Boss Appeared! Season 2 Episode 13 Fortress.

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War (English Dub) Episode 45

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 4 Episode 89 (Complete. Though this might be the weakest of all 4 seasons it was still a fine watch, at least there is the IruMafia spin-off to look forward to until a potential season 5.) 3/5
 
Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation Season 3 episode 14 A letter to Eris. (Complete. A great first half to this season, looking forward to the next cour.) 4/5

One Piece
episode 1180 Nightmare.

You and I are Polar Opposites 2nd Season episode 12 Burden.

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You Season 2 episodes 19-24, The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You Season 3 episodes 25-34
 
As a Reincarnated Aristocrat, I'll Use My Appraisal Skill to Rise in the World Season 3 Episode 1 New recruits.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation III (English Dub) Episode 60

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation III Episode 62 Letter. (Complete. A solid first cour to season 3, so I'll definitely be looking forward to cour 2 next year.) 4/5

Overgeared
Episode 1 Bad gamer.

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, REALLY Love You Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 35


You and I Are Polar Opposites Season 2 Episode 24 Burden.
 
The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You Season 3 episodes 35-36 (Complete. A series that seems to living up to its namesake so far, this carried itself surprisingly well across the three seasons so far and I’m all in for a season four.) 3.5/5, 3.5/5, 3.5/5

The Dagger of Kamui (Film)
I backed the kickstarter for this so it was nice to finally get the chance to watch it. As is, this was a good watch, and a worthwhile project to back. 3.5/5

The Dangers in my Heart
episodes 1-2
 
Death Note Relight 2 - L's Successors. I watched this compilation of the last 13 episode of the TV series due to hearing it gave further insight into Near's reasoning in his battle of wits with Light. As it turned out, I didn't pick up anything new so it was essentially a waste of time. Rating: so-so.
 
Back
Top