Your anime collection within few years

bakum4tsu

Pokémon Master
Hi guys

as I keep building up my anime (and not only) collection, sometimes i wonder what it will be like within a few years like regarding space or if i will keep getting buying stuff or acumulating stuff yet to see, among other things.

How do you guys see your collections within few years?

Will you have space enough for it? Cause there are a lot of people with huge collections already

Do you think you will keep buying anime for a long time?

Sometimes i dont want to think that one day i might not even care anymore for anime and that i've spent quite an amount on it... lol

Everyone is welcome to leave their opinion :)

I really don't know. I think as long as stuff keeps being made and released which I'm interested in, I will keep buying stuff. I have noticed in terms of my manga collection though, a lot of series I'm collecting are going to be over soon, and I've not yet found anything to replace them, so that may tail off for a while.

Let's not kid ourselves - physical media is on the way out. Wireless broadband speeds are being ramped up (though download quotas unfortunately aren't), fibre optic cables are continuing their slow but steady plant-like growth across the land and with the current love of tablet computers, I'm inclined to believe that it won't be long before everyone will just carry around their media libraries on those, at a good enough level of quality to be able plug into larger screens to watch stuff on if they so wish*. I quite like my things, but they are terribly tying, physical possessions. I don't think the next generation will be anywhere near as attached to them - It's very likely some of you aren't.

*And hopefully, the computers will eventually be fully integrated with human biology in some way if not entirely surpass and replace it, so we can leave those constraints behind and just close our eyes and load up whatever we want to watch, read or listen to. Also choose our physical form, hold thought conversations across continents with our friends just by thinking about them, that sort of thing...

ayase said:
Let's not kid ourselves - physical media is on the way out. Wireless broadband speeds are being ramped up (though download quotas unfortunately aren't), fibre optic cables are continuing their slow but steady plant-like growth across the land and with the current love of tablet computers, I'm inclined to believe that it won't be long before everyone will just carry around their media libraries on those, at a good enough level of quality to be able plug into larger screens to watch stuff on if they so wish*. I quite like my things, but they are terribly tying, physical possessions. I don't think the next generation will be anywhere near as attached to them - It's very likely some of you aren't.

*And hopefully, the computers will eventually be fully integrated with human biology in some way if not entirely surpass and replace it, so we can leave those constraints behind and just close our eyes and load up whatever we want to watch, read or listen to. Also choose our physical form, hold thought conversations across continents with our friends just by thinking about them, that sort of thing...

Agree. The next generation will not care about physical, my brothers doesnt care at all already, he's 18. Whenever i say i bought some new anime, he doesnt care that much even though he likes anime. Its another generation.

I agree that in a few years, everything will be connected in your house and not only (its already happening) and it will be better in somethings for stuff to be digital. You can see wherever you want and whenever you want. Dont need to have the physical copy to do it. So the sad thing is the good looking packages but we cannot have everything. Anyway, ill keep buying as long as i like the show but it appears some system good and cheap where we can buy anime digitally, i'll might try it out probably. Is there already a platform doing it? Besides itunes which has ridiculous prices like gits movie 1 for $9,99... Well, (im checking this moment) on the other hand, they have mardock scramble first compression for $4,99 which is not bad. Does anyone knows which quality is this? sd or hd...

Anyway keep posting your opinions

It won't take off until the picture / sound quality of downloads matches that of physical releases (and that's going to require better telecom infrastructure) and the prices are more reasonable - After all, what's the cost incurred in creating a digital copy? A few pence of electricity, compared to the couple of quid it probably costs to make a physical disc and packaging. While obviously the creators have to profit, digital distribution should be cheaper and it certainly shouldn't be more expensive.

i have a plan

when i get my room done out * its a very very small room *
IM getting reid of my bunk bed and have a bed near the floor and im going to make sure to have a bed with draws so that way i wont have to use the tower draws i have now so that way there me more room.

il put my tv on the wall and make a wall shelf for my dvd player and PS3.

now that il have all this room and barely anything but my dvds, im going to do this -

http://youtu.be/RFWRd-2hhzk * the first 20mins*

but only for the walls from top to bottom

only problem is the damp that get on the walls in my room

* sealed up the aird duke because spiders keeps getting though the damned thing * i swear the spiders that get though that thing are f****** huge

but yeah thats my plan and what ever comes next il work it out

I've not been into anime for an incredibly long time so I'm always finding something new (to me) to be interested in. I tend to backtrack with series more than anything. Right now I just have two small towers for my anime so the spacing isn't too much of a problem, since I don't have much of a collection.

Manga.....I'm just at the stage where I'll have to double-stack the shelves :( it's more of a problem than the anime. I really can't fit another bookcase.

I included lots of Billy shelves in my room design when we moved a few years ago since the piles were getting silly.
I'm now building up piles again...

Finding space for my anime dvd's is something I find myself scratching my head about every year. There's no room for them downstairs so I have to keep them in my bedroom, problem is the tv is downstairs so I have to run up and down the stairs to get something new to watch. I have them in two cabinets which hold a suprising amount each, but I expect them to be full sometime this year. I have no idea what I'll do then, I don't have room for another cabinet or even regular bookshelves. :|

i have an idea .......... hear me out on this one

ok you dont have any room and your walls are full and you dont know wha where to put them......... well about this

make a ceiling shelf, continue to listen

ok its dangerous to make this so find the lightest wood you can find and get some L brackets, make it not so 10 inches and as long as you can but leave room so you can have room for your wall shelfs,

make sure to nail it in and use L brackets to Sucre it from falling

you can have shelfs on each side
its a good idea

Back