Yoshitoshi ABe manga published in English on iTunes

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Artist Yoshitoshi ABe has published his latest dōjinshi manga (self-published comic, 53 pages in length) <a href="http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/browserRedirect?url=itms%253A%252F%252Fax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net%252FWebObjects%252FMZStore.woa%252Fwa%252FviewSoftware%253Fid%253D287663979%2526mt%253D8">on iTunes</a> in both Japanese and English. You will need an Apple iPhone or Apple iPod Touch to view this manga, but this marks one of the first times a Japanese dōjinshi artist has used the internet to publish his work in multiple languages. Of course, Yoshitoshi ABe is a world famous artist, having created the critically acclaimed dramatic fantasy Haibane Renemi and contrbuting heavily to the sci-fi thriller Serial Experiments Lain.

Ah, I didn't realise you needed a sodding Touch. Oh well, £3 down the drain, unless there's a viewer available for .ipa files?

Exactly. Curse you Apple! And your unworthy iPod classic!
I surprised though, considering we cant read them on any other ipods; i would've thought you'd be able to read them through itunes.

Opps, sorry guys. I've just updated the news article with the word "Touch" so no one else is confused by this.

Hopefully this will be published outside of Apple's little enclosed market (when you don't have an ipod or Touch, it really does seem enclosed) - maybe digital manga is the way forward in future.

I've noticed ABe has had an affection for Apple products for years so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. But still, a new ABe work is always a good thing!

Mohawk52 said:
Glad to see he's still involved with the art. He seemed to have dropped of the radar since Haibane Renmei.
It seems like he's been pretty busy actually. Doing artwork for magazines and books as he usually does but also putting together books on photoshop tutorials for illustrators.

Amazing. With all the wonders of new technology they've managed to make something as simple as reading a comic complicated and frustrating. :lol:

Just an update, it's funny :) but far from he on top form though :p

Sy said:
Amazing. With all the wonders of new technology they've managed to make something as simple as reading a comic complicated and frustrating. :lol:
whoever said technology is here to make your life easier?

Back