Yoko Kanno to be seiyuu in Genius Party short; Juno Reactor

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Anime soundtrack composer <em><strong>Yoko Kanno</strong></em>, well-known for her work on the likes of <em>Cowboy Bebop</em>, <em>Escaflowne </em>and <em>Wolf's Rain</em>, <a href="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-08-19/yoko-kanno-makes-voice-cameo-in-genius-party-beyond">will be lending</a> her voice to a character in <em>Dimension Bomb</em> (directed by<em> Koji Morimoto</em>), one of the most anticipated short films to be included on <em><strong>Genius Party Beyond</strong></em>, an upcoming anime anthology by<em> Studio 4C</em> (<em>Tekkonkinkreet</em>, <em>Animatrix</em>). Also, London's electronic/dance group<em><strong> Juno Reactor</strong></em> (who also worked on the opening theme for <em>Texhnolyze</em> and music for <em>The Animatrix</em>) will be composing the soundtrack for the short.

As am i. Though i'm more intrigued by the "upcoming anime anthology by Studio 4C". I'm sure i should've heard about this before.

If she and Gabriela Robin are indeed one and the same as rumour suggests it'll be alright I think. I find it hard to believe that an accomplished musician and songwriter can't actually sing (cool link BTW, Sy).

I'm still hoping that the first Genius Party compilation will get a DVD release or something though. 4 degrees C are a shockingly underrated studio.

Martin said:
If she and Gabriela Robin are indeed one and the same as rumour suggests it'll be alright I think. I find it hard to believe that an accomplished musician and songwriter can't actually sing (cool link BTW, Sy).

I'm still hoping that the first Genius Party compilation will get a DVD release or something though. 4 degrees C are a shockingly underrated studio.

Ah yes, the kano/robin connection, thats always intruiged me.

Anyway an anime anthology by studio 4 degrees, how come I havint heard of this, CANT WAIT, and music by Juno, niiiice, can anyone link me to some info or anything.

Back