Yet more UK anime release dates; series debuts included

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Thanks to a news submission by Noratav, Anime UK News has updated its release schedule with the following new release dates - including information on the UK debuts of Saiyuki Reload, Noein - To your other self, Ah! My Goddess TV and Gun X Sword.
  • 8th January 2007
  • Ranma Movie 1 & 2 Twin Pack (MVM)
  • Saiyuki Reload #1 (MVM)
  • Tenchi Muyo! - Daughter of Darkness (MVM)

22nd January 2007
  • Fruits Basket DVD Box-set (Revelation Films)
  • Full Metal Alchemist #9 (Revelation Films)
  • Spiral #1 (Revelation Films)

29th January 2007
  • IGPX #3 (Beez)
  • Noein - To your other self #1 (Manga)

5th February 2007
  • Ah! My Goddess TV #1 (MVM)
  • Yukikaze #3 (Beez)

5th March 2007
  • Gun X Sword #1 (MVM)
  • Saiyuki Reload #2 (MVM)

Nice to see MVM moving ahead with several new series. The only one on this list I'll be actively following is "Noein - To your other self".

I wonder how MVM are going to do with a long series like Ah! My Goddess. FMA didn't turn out too well even before Funi decided to pull out.

I'm not personally interested in anything on the list though except maybe Noein.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I wonder how MVM are going to do with a long series like Ah! My Goddess. FMA didn't turn out too well even before Funi decided to pull out.

I'm not personally interested in anything on the list though except maybe Noein.
AMG is only 26 episodes long. The second series has not been licenced since Media Blasters passed up on their option on it due to poor sales of the first series.

Despite what you say about MVM and FMA, they did a good job releasing that right up until the point where their distribution agency was cut a couple of months (or more) back. The releases by Revelation Films will, by all accounts, be identical since both MVM and themselves simply use what is supplied by FUNimation.

Gawyn said:
AMG is only 26 episodes long. The second series has not been licenced since Media Blasters passed up on their option on it due to poor sales of the first series.
Didn't know that. I thought it just counted as 52 episodes as a single series. Seems kinda weird that they would licence a series that did so bad in the US that they didn't bother to licence the second though. Doesn't give it much hope for a release over here.

Also the LONG delays between volumes were very poor no matter how you look at it.

McIcy said:
Tenchi Muyo! - Daughter of Darkness (MVM) - Something for me to spend more money on, I'm happy :D

I'm hope its as good as Tenchi muyo or universe, I was scared of how crap in tokyo version it was.

keyblade_master uk said:
McIcy said:
Tenchi Muyo! - Daughter of Darkness (MVM) - Something for me to spend more money on, I'm happy :D

I'm hope its as good as Tenchi muyo or universe, I was scared of how crap in tokyo version it was.

tiz actually my fav of the tenchi movies, so in my opinion worth it :)

Ryo Chan said:
keyblade_master uk said:
McIcy said:

tiz actually my fav of the tenchi movies, so in my opinion worth it :)

Yay, *add this to my bookmark* This anime dvd getting my £20 note, or whatever price.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Gawyn said:
Didn't know that. I thought it just counted as 52 episodes as a single series. Seems kinda weird that they would licence a series that did so bad in the US that they didn't bother to licence the second though. Doesn't give it much hope for a release over here.

Also the LONG delays between volumes were very poor no matter how you look at it.

It wasn't so much that AMG did badly, but rather that it didn't do as well as Media Blasters hoped. Besides, according to this post over at Anime On DVD from their rep there, Media Blasters did try to license the second series, but they weren't prepared to pay the full asking price whereas another (as yet unknown) company was.

Finally the second tenchi movie is coming over here, what was with them releasing movie 1 and 3 ages ago but not the second ah well we have it now,thats all that matters.

JAKEMAN said:
Finally the second tenchi movie is coming over here, what was with them releasing movie 1 and 3 ages ago but not the second ah well we have it now,thats all that matters.
A mistake by the European licensors saw an Italian company get the rights to the Uk version of the second movie who consequently sat on the licence until it ran out recently (or let it go of their own accord).

I'm quite interested in Noein. It's nice to have Fruits Basket all in one box too - hats off to Revelation for sorting that out so quickly.

Back