Yen Press license Magical Index novels and more

As much as I love Index, I do have to wonder how big the potential market is for the title.
There's something like 22 novels as well as the ongoing New Testament and the Side Stories - all of which have been translated and are available in PDF format.
Anyone who really wants to read it either has or easily can do so, and instantly too. They won't have to wait however many months for the first LN to be released then another 4-6 months for the next.
Whilst I plan to buy the novels if they ever do surface, and I have already read the first 5 or 6, I can't help but question whether this will become another situation where a LN series is picked up then swiftly dropped.
Evidently Yen Press have taken a pretty big gamble here.

Just realised according to ANN, Yen On are releasing 24 books next year. That could be a 1/3 or 1/2 of the current Index novels released in English.

Well thats likely 3-4 books per year from 6-8 series would be my guess. Although i'd be more than happy if they did an accelerated release for Index ... If the quality didn't suffer of course

Dannielle said:
Oreimo: Kuroneko - This Oreimo spin-off series, which features Kuroneko as its heroine, will see its first volume released in April 2015.
This needs to be animated. It's a pity they never did a sequel to the original anime, but this sounds much better anyway.

Shiroi Hane said:
Dannielle said:
Oreimo: Kuroneko - This Oreimo spin-off series, which features Kuroneko as its heroine, will see its first volume released in April 2015.
This needs to be animated. It's a pity they never did a sequel to the original anime, but this sounds much better anyway.

There is a sequel to the original anime, a season 2, I believe it came out last year, or were you talking about a Kuroneko-centric anime based on that novel?

Y2Johnny said:
There was a season 2. There was NO ending, however, it just ended abruptly >_>

Are you ignoring the existence of the last 3 OVA episodes?

You should do, because the last few minutes of the final episode pissed everyone off more than the whole thing.

Paraphrasing Shiroi Hane:

I think you must be mistaken.
Repeat after me: "There was no ending for season 2 of Oreimo, ESPECIALLY those last few minutes."

:p

At least there's a better ending where you choose your favourite character in Oreimo Happy End (PS3), except it's completely in Japanese with no English translation.

Back