Yen Press gains rights to Spice and Wolf novels/anime + some

Arbalest

黒い剣士
The North American manga publisher Yen Press has announced at its New York Anime Festival 2008 panel on Sunday that it acquired Hiromu Arakawa's Hero Tales manga, Chako Abeno's Welcome to Wakaba-soh manga, and Isuna Hasekura and Jū Ayakura's Spice and Wolf novels. Arakawa began drawing Jyūshin Enbu - Hero Tales in Square Enix's bimonthly Shonen GanGan Powered magazine in 2006 while she was still working on her hit Fullmetal Alchemist manga.

Full article from ANN

Personally i think this is good news, i for one found Spice and Wolf to be a nice series to watch, a good change from all the general action and so on you get in many series nowadays. I did start the novels not to long back as well, and so i look forward to continuing from where the anime left off.

I've heard the Spice & Wolf novels are actually better than the anime, which I found to be fun but not really outstanding. Hopefully I'll enjoy the in-print version more...good news indeed.

Since its related to Spice and Wolf, thought i'd may as well mention this here as well:

Spice and Wolf's official site confirmed its second season. The new season will include a new character designer, chief animation director, and animation studio. Fukuyama Jun and Koshimizu Ami will be playing the main characters once again.

All from ANN

Again this is good news, though i'm not sure if it needs a new animation studio since it was very nicely animated, specially the opening, but i'll be looking forward to the new season when it arrives.

Back