Yakuza - PS2

So tell me, why would the Yakuza game end-up generating a higher-opinion towards it than it would without having "... that whole Yakuza thing to it..."?

I'm a bit bamboozled about this assesment see, because I don't really have much interest with the Yakuza and whatever shady operations (whatever they are) they particpate in, so there must be something else I'm not aware of here.

And I don't believe in the notion that because it has a strong Japanese "culture" connection with it helps either. It that was true I'd buy every Japanese influenced video game, film, animè etc ever released (or would if I could to be more precise).

So I'm a bit lossed as to how the Yakuza connection somehow dictates how one percieves this game.

Still, I undertsand and agree with you on one point - I'd choose Shadow Of The Colossus ahead of Yakuza (though that's to do with personal preference, not because I think the former is a better game than the latter).

I agree with Hovis! why would a Yakuza them generate the hype, to be honest that put me off at first as I saw it as cashing in on another gang war styled theme. Plus my mates didn't want to buy it because of the Yakuza bit, in there opinion it was just a 'japanese game' and as it was an 18 was probably full of naked cartoon chicks and tentcles..... I have yet to see either of these myself.

Yeah there have been better games this year, for me it would be GTA San Andreas or NFS Most Wanted but for some reason this game really speaks to me and I love the fact its not all guns and missle launchers as so many games seem to depend on. I mean look at GTA you never fist fight in the game even though you can instead its all weapons and thats something I have really missed in games, the true beat-em-up feel mixed with a solid storyline.

A true beat-em-up feel (meaning no huge weapon depant battle system) mixed with a solid storyline is a rare thing these days and in my honest opinion is something to be treasured.

FINALLY COMPLETED IT TODAY

STUNNING

loved every second, and am quite sad its almost over, especially as the end credits have Amazing Grace song playing and that gets to you big time, I almost felt a tear come to my eye.

VOICE CAST - only just seen the voice cast for this game, its full of famous people
Dwight Schultz - Brilliant Murdoch got in there
Mark Hamill
Michael Madsen
Eliza Dushka
Rachel Leigh Cook

I kinda feel empty now its over..... I really hope a sequel is made or at the very least we get to see the film.

Your excitment towards this game McIcy has effected me big time. After I'm done with Wild Arms 4, this shall be the next game I play.

Hovis! said:
Your excitment towards this game McIcy has effected me big time. After I'm done with Wild Arms 4, this shall be the next game I play.

You won't be disappointed also when you complete the game it unlocks a new menu (depending how well you do in the game this differs). SO you can either play all the fights in a row, or find and complete all the side missions, or all of the main missions without having top go through the story.

I decided today to start playing Yakuza instead of Wild Arms 4 and though I've only played it for an hour and a half, initial impressions are good. The fighting mechanics are very satisfying and I get the impression the story gets really, really good later on. :)

Hovis! said:
I decided today to start playing Yakuza instead of Wild Arms 4 and though I've only played it for an hour and a half, initial impressions are good. The fighting mechanics are very satisfying and I get the impression the story gets really, really good later on. :)

The fighting Meachanics definately improve as the game progresses with new moves being unlocked as then you get a better feel and flow of the fighting moves.

The story just grows and grows, took me about 11 hours to complete and still missed a load of stuff only got 94% in the end so am considering replaying????

This is definately in my top games of all times list

I just finished the Chapter at the funeral. That was FANTASTIC. Absolutely loved the style and quality of that. One of those moments where you know you can't finish with that game until the very end.

Hovis! said:
I just finished the Chapter at the funeral. That was FANTASTIC. Absolutely loved the style and quality of that. One of those moments where you know you can't finish with that game until the very end.

I know what you mean, it took me ages to work out how to get into the funeral, I kept running into guards.

Later in the game the fighting becomes more like that levels going from room to room with out having to load each fight individually like you do when wandering the city.

Also start opening lockers when you find the keys as there are items in there that will help you early on in the game like weapons and cash

Hovis! said:
I am enjoying it though I haven't played any video games since Monday. I'm planning on playing it again this week.

Grrrrr you'd better, I wanna know you opinions and impressions of the way the story unfolds

Silent Tears said:
Where is the place to pick this up cheap on the net? It looks/sounds good.

GAME was selling it for £10 on and offline just after Christmas, though I don't think its available and / or won't be that price anymore. :)

I havent played this for a couple of weeks now, and what with Okami and then Final Fantasy XII on the horizon this could mean bad things for my continuation on this game. Well, for the immediate future anyway.

Don't spank me McIcy!!! :-D

Back