xxxHolic

harkins

Adventurer
Noticed that this is soon due for release on DVD and as the artwork I’ve seen looks stunning I’m keen to collect it. And Yūko Ichihara sounds like a potentially superb character. But I reckon there must be a few on here who’ve already seen it so what do you think? Plus I’ve seen it referred to as ‘horror’ but is it really?

Cool I didnt know it was out on DVD soon, may have to pick it up.
Ive read the manga and its one of my faves, and your right yuko really is a great character.

It is a horror but not so much as its a fantasy/comedy/, but it gets serious at all the right times and can be very deceptivly emotive, much like chobits, highly reccomended, and I LOVE the art in it.

Ive seen it, its quite a good series. Enjoyed the episodes i watched (although i never finished it). The reason i didnt finish it isnt because its a bad series, but because its not really my favourite genre :p

The best way I can describe xxxholic, is it's a more mystical variant of "The Twilight Zone". The anime is much more episodic than the already episodic nature of the manga. There is an underlying story but it takes the back seat most of the time, to the benefit of stand alone stories that normally take a dark turn, but never into the grusome.
A common theme is "There is no such thing as coincidence, only the inevitable".

It makes you laugh, and it makes you think. I'd recomend it to anyone, but if you're still unsure, FUNimation is releasing their "CLAMP Double Feature" this month, which includes a xxxholic 'movie' that can be watched with no prior knowledge.

@Fudce

Isnt the movie after the series?

I would say if your going to watch the movie atleast read the synopsis of the series so you know the story at the beginning >.<

I'm really torn about whether I should start collecting xxxHOLiC (that's the proper way to write it, isn't it? :p) or Tsubasa. Is xxxHOLiC the better choice?

xxxHolic ftw. Its a good series in its genre range if you ask me, its got comedy and still have a serious plot line. Will have to finish it sometime.

Back