Xbox 360 red lights

GrantM

Dandy Guy, in Space
Last night I was playing my brothers Xbox 360 (which he got on Christmas Day) and all of a sudden it turned off and I got 3 blinking red lights on the ring of light.

Does this mean my brother might have to get it replaced

I don't exactly know the reason, maybe it is because it didn't feel loved? Or maybe it was angry at abusive SCART lead. And everyone knows the buttons at the buttom of the television hail abuse at any and all electronic equipment below them - there're bound to ceause some electronic devices to commit 腹切り.

Seriously though, electronic devices fail all the time, hence the reason manufacturers provide warranties.

Looks like it's okay now, we've just had it on for about an hour and no problems have happened, also the game I was playing when it happened (Rainbow Six: Vegas) is working because..well it happened twice last night and both times I was at the same point in the level I was on, third time though it did not happen

However I will still keep checking up on it just incase

four red lights, check your AV cable
Two left red lights, xbox overheated
All other patterns, internal problem and requires service

My friend had an xbox that overheated constantly so he replaced it, took a week, MS said it can take around a month at times :( Another friend currently has an internal problem and he found it works now and then but will occansionally crash or not work at all. You may have the same problem and if the problem persists I'd recommend contacting microsoft.
Never had any problems with my sexy box, had it since launch day

I got the red lights the very first time I turned mine on. :)

I still get them sometimes, but I'm trying to avoid the hassle of getting anything done about it.

Sweet so Microsoft have now switched the 'blue screen of death' known and feared thoughout the Windows using world for 'Red Lights of Dread' - Well at least its kind of an update lol

McIcy said:
Sweet so Microsoft have now switched the 'blue screen of death' known and feared thoughout the Windows using world for 'Red Lights of Dread' - Well at least its kind of an update lol

it's more entertaining, atleast the lights flash :D

my xbox is now showing a red ring of light :( just as i was getting into star trek legacy :( phoned microsoft said check the av cable so i'm suppose to magically make one appear? why can't they send me one.

Ahh...makes sense now. :p

And no...you just send the console back.

From what I've heard, it's worth trying to take it back to the shop before sending it to MS.

They mightn't take it for whatever reason, but it's worth a try.

Back