Xbox 360 price cut.....ish

Mutsumi said:
5. True. PS3 tends to have a wider range of genres though, while 360 has more FPS & RTS games ported from PC.

I'll jus grab.....now where did it go.....it's here somewhere.....

Ahhh.....there it is....

*OAR*

There we go, that's that firmly stuck in. I couldn't disagree more. I'd say that nearly every platform has the same spread of genres, but that because fans of a certain genre flock more to one console than the other the exposure of those genres is simply greater on one platform than the other....

The 360 (With Halo and Gears as signature titles) has become the home of publicity for 1st/3rd person shooters.... the PS3 meanwhile has been pushing stuff like Valkyria and extended re-releases of Vesperia and Eternal Sonata has had more hype for RPGs.

90% of the library for both machines is, in fact, almost exactly the same. Multi-platform stuff that sits there in the middle of the road just exsisting. What you buy when you buy the consoles is that tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny library of titles that can afford to be exclusive (Resistance, Uncharted, LBP, Halo, Gears, Forza et al.)

Not to get dragged into some stupid PS3 vs 360 argument.

chaos said:
^ not sure it's ridiculous, but maybe a matter of preference?
As a fan of JRPG I do find the ps3 more atractive. I don't like FPS and strategy games as they actually bore me to death and the way I see, the 360 is really stronger on those sort of genres.

Pretty sure 360 has more JRPGs than PS3 or at least as many.

Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Star Ocean 4
Infinite Undiscovery
Final Fantasy XIII (Multi-plat)
Tales of Vesperia (PS3 port, unlikely English release)
Eternal Sonata (Multi-plat, I think?)
Enchanted Arms (multi-plat)
Last Remnant (Seems to be 360 exclusive now. lol.)

So yeah, it's not like PS3 is an JRPG machine. There's a lot of FPS on 360, but it's not just a console for FPS games.

I want a PS3 myself, but I'm in no rush to get one. Hopefully pick one before Christmas.

Lupus said:
Not to get dragged into some stupid PS3 vs 360 argument.

chaos said:
^ not sure it's ridiculous, but maybe a matter of preference?
As a fan of JRPG I do find the ps3 more atractive. I don't like FPS and strategy games as they actually bore me to death and the way I see, the 360 is really stronger on those sort of genres.

Pretty sure 360 has more JRPGs than PS3 or at least as many.

Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Star Ocean 4
Infinite Undiscovery
Final Fantasy XIII (Multi-plat)
Tales of Vesperia (PS3 port, unlikely English release)
Eternal Sonata (Multi-plat, I think?)
Enchanted Arms (multi-plat)
Last Remnant (Seems to be 360 exclusive now. lol.)

So yeah, it's not like PS3 is an JRPG machine. There's a lot of FPS on 360, but it's not just a console for FPS games.

I want a PS3 myself, but I'm in no rush to get one. Hopefully pick one before Christmas.
You have a point there, but in all honesty, I don't get a 360 for the same reason I don't have a PC. My hate for MS.

If they release something exclusive to the 360 that really blow me away, I'll consider getting one.
Right now, the titles that interest me are all there on the ps3.

I know I'm being unreasonable here, but still it's just one of my quirks.

I supose a hatred of MS is a okay excuse but they have gotten better in certain areas through their years of trial and error. For many people Blu-Ray just won't be enough of a selling point (i'm talking about the people who would of been slow to take up DVDs because of price) so they will go for the cheaper option, that being a 360.

Also as far as hardware reliabilty goes, my 20 GB 360 Premimum that i've had since launch is still chugging along just fine :)

Back