Wolf's Rain

Shakey

Dandy Guy, in Space
Was wondering if the show was being re-released on dvd anytime soon? as it's a show that interests me. Could have swore i saw something about Beez releasing it again in October, but now i can't find any info on it. Did i imagine it?

I kinda prefer having the physical product. I already have Gurren Lagann part 1, and i have part 2 on order. The show rocks.

Shakey - Ignore unellmay. Everyone else already does. It has been released in the UK on individual DVD's, two boxed sets around £30 each and a complete "Book of The Moon" LE which there are still a (very) few copies of around for just over £60. A good investment I think, from several points of view. But if you don't want to spend that much there's also a cheaper alternative in the shape of the R1 "Anime Legends" collection which can be had for >£20.

£60 pound seems pretty steep though, but i guess if you want sumthin you gotta pay for it. Mite see if i can pick it up cheaper on ebay.

unellmay said:
Get Gurren lagann
Gurren lagann needs more fans
So when are we getting the option for signatures? I really want to quote this!

I think I paid sixty quid for Wolf's Rain on Amazon with the Beez boxset, but then again it's one of my favourites so there's no way I could not buy it.

unellmay said:
Get Gurren lagann

No it doesn't, it has a big enough fan-base as it is, 90% of which only care about Yoko's jiggling boobs :/

Despite the steep price for the Wolf's Rain complete boxset (only 26-ish episodes), the sefies alone makes it well worth it.

ayase said:
Shakey - Ignore unellmay. Everyone else already does. It has been released in the UK on individual DVD's, two boxed sets around £30 each and a complete "Book of The Moon" LE which there are still a (very) few copies of around for just over £60. A good investment I think, from several points of view. But if you don't want to spend that much there's also a cheaper alternative in the shape of the R1 "Anime Legends" collection which can be had for >£20.

In other words you completely ignored his question of if there's
a re-release

Lupus said:
unellmay said:
Get Gurren lagann
So when are we getting the option for signatures? I really want to quote this!

I think I paid sixty quid for Wolf's Rain on Amazon with the Beez boxset, but then again it's one of my favourites so there's no way I could not buy it.

I don't understand your jokes

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
unellmay said:
Get Gurren lagann

No it doesn't, it has a big enough fan-base as it is, 90% of which only care about Yoko's jiggling boobs :/

Despite the steep price for the Wolf's Rain complete boxset (only 26-ish episodes), the sefies alone makes it well worth it.

Har har what ever
....I'm gonna go watch Gankutsuou and Nodame Cantabile Now
Buh bye

unellmay said:
ayase said:
In other words you completely ignored his question of if there's
a re-release
Correct me if I'm wrong unellmay, but I'm pretty sure you don't work for Beez. Andrew is the only one who would know for certain if there's going to be a re-release or not. I suspect however that re-printings of the volumes / boxes already available are a more likely prospect, which is why I pointed out what is available at the present time, rather than telling him he imagined it and suggesting he buy Gurren Lagann instead.

*ignores bickering* :D

I realised where i imagineered it from! It's on the release schedule in the latest issue of Neo. Although it just says TBC. With hindsight i probably should have posted in the Beez thread and asked Andrew.

Shakey said:
£60 pound seems pretty steep though, but i guess if you want sumthin you gotta pay for it. Mite see if i can pick it up cheaper on ebay.

You get a soundtrack and possibly the nicest packaging around as well as some background stuff. Up to you whether you want that (my choice) or the cheaper but serviceable R1s, unless the rumour you found is true.

The soundtrack alone added value to the Beez set for me as the show has some great music and import soundtracks aren't always cheap. I love the show.

R

I recently got hold of the R1 anime legends cheap boxset. I have yet to watch it though. The boxset itself is not bad, I'd say that it's probably the best way to go if you want to own it. I've seen a lot worse boxsets and as others have said, it's that or the expensive version. Depends how much you love the series I guess.

I'm thinking the anime legends set is probably the best way to go for me, yet i still find myself tempted by all the extras of the definitive edition. I guess ill think it over some more :) and i'll ask about a re-release in the Beez thread to see if Andrew knows about it.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
Did they released a boxset without the OVA's? The series is not really completed without the OVA's (26 eps + 4 OVA's).

Shakey, you might want to confirm if the OVA's are included. (althougth I doubt they wouldn't be).

I thought all the boxsets came with 30 eps as standard. They're not really OVA's in my understanding of the word if they are actually necessary to finish the story

Anyway, the Anime Legends set has the full 30, and the sensible US distribution sticks all the recap eps on one disc to be conveniently ignored.

Back