Wolf’s Rain

BlackWolf said:
probably a stupid question but are the OVA's on the dvd releases?

I have no idea mate, i borrowed the entire collection on 3cd's from a friend and they were on there as if they were no different from any other episode.

Thanks Firewarrior for the recommendations, my lil bro has the entire collection of Samurai 7 but i've never got round to watching it. Never heard of Dragonaut or Darker than Black though

Just started watching Wolfs rain, have to say its got a really unique "feel" to it, and the music really adds to the atmosphere and shows just how important music is to really elevate a series, and that ending theme....................darn it I told myself I wouldint cry.^^

BlackWolf said:
probably a stupid question but are the OVA's on the dvd releases?

They are definitely on the DVDs. AC should be airing them as well I would think so if you're following it there then no need to worry ^^.

- Andrew Partridge,
Beez Entertainment

Firewarrior said:
Very.

I'm guessing you already know about Bleach and Naruto..

Also check out Myself; Yourself, Clannad, Midori No Hibi.

Cheers for the advice.

I love Bleach in manga for but can't stand the anime, far too comedic and a little childish, it takes away the edge that the manga gives the story.
Never seen Naruto but i kinda think that's the same, my bro loves it and has just bought 1-6 of the manga for christmas so i'll give that a read and see how it goes.

Back on topic, who's everyones favourite characters in Wolf's rain?
Out of the wolves for me it's between Toboe and Tsume, two contrasting characters that are portrayed so well throughout.
Human characters it has to be Hubb, i don't mind the old guy but i just prefer Hubb.

On another note i don't think i've ever hated an anime character more than i hated Darcia lol. At first he appears pretty cool especially with his back story but as the end approaches and especially the end i despised him with a passion

Last edited by a moderator:
Firewarrior: Stop recommending people ****** series dawg, srsly. Well, mostly, ******.

Everyone hates Darcia because of what he done because of his own personal goals and ambitions, seriously you can hate him but you can't admit he's not a good character. My favourite character was Darcia's assistant (the one with the crystal ball) who got pwnt, srsly, she got crucified and survived, plus she could hold a crystal ball which must've weighed a lot afterwards, strongest character in the series, seriously. >_>

Apart from her my REAL favourite characters are actually Quint and Toboe, Quint because he's the most down-to-earth character, seriously, some of the lulziest scenes come from his drunkness and Toboe because he like... develops the most out of all the Wolves. <3 when he snaps in episode 22 too.

Lupus Inu said:
Firewarrior: Stop recommending people ****** series dawg, srsly. Well, mostly, ******.

Everyone hates Darcia because of what he done because of his own personal goals and ambitions, seriously you can hate him but you can't admit he's not a good character. My favourite character was Darcia's assistant (the one with the crystal ball) who got pwnt, srsly, she got crucified and survived, plus she could hold a crystal ball which must've weighed a lot afterwards, strongest character in the series, seriously. >_>

Apart from her my REAL favourite characters are actually Quint and Toboe, Quint because he's the most down-to-earth character, seriously, some of the lulziest scenes come from his drunkness and Toboe because he like... develops the most out of all the Wolves. <3 when he snaps in episode 22 too.

It's awesome when Toboe snaps such a great moment and a great episode.

I know what ya mean mate Darcia is a great character and that shows because of how much i dislike him, he's written so well.

Ryo Chan said:
Wolfs rain has to be the only anime to have an ending that made me weep more than chrno crusade XD

definatly worth a watch

Lol i know what ya mean, i was close lol.
I just didn't expect that kind of ending as philosophical as it was just didn't expect it to be so brutal and have all of them die one by one i must have screamed nooooooo at the tv 8 or 9 times lol.
I love how right at the end it gives that glimmer of hope that they might find each other again one day and that their journey to find paradise continues to this very day. So well done Wolf's Rain goes straight in to my top 5 anime faves.

I dunno 'bout you guys, but I honestly cried like... a lot in the ending, As long as evil exists AKA Darcia I doubt they will ever get to paradise, unless what became of them was their paradise, just enough to be alive...? Though it would be awesome to see what would happen differently this time.

I watched the first episode at the London Expo before last, before I persuaded the attendant to put on Excel Saga. :D.

The animation was awesome on Wolf's Rain, from what I recall. The shooting of that white wolf still sticks in my mind.

I also have the soundtrack, which is awesome. Might watch the OVA next.

Just in case anyone wants to know what the OAV is, it's just the last 4 episodes of the series. So don't watch them first.

Lupus Inu said:
I dunno 'bout you guys, but I honestly cried like... a lot in the ending, As long as evil exists AKA Darcia I doubt they will ever get to paradise, unless what became of them was their paradise, just enough to be alive...? Though it would be awesome to see what would happen differently this time.

Aye, i understand what you mean what i personally got from the ending was that the write and director were trying to convey that they had been reincarnated in this new world which was the one we live in today and that their search for paradise continues much as most people search in theory for a heaven. The whole Darcia's eye represents the evil in the world and that when Kiba caused the new world to be created that it still needs evil in it as a balance. The age old theory that good cannot exist without evil it needs to have a counter balance. Thats what i personally got from the Darcia's eye moment. I found the ending so sad, although it was a new begining none of them remembered what their past lives entailed or showed signs that they were wolves anymore, also that they are ambiguous of each other even with the past they shared and that their search continues and that they will be searching forevermore and that the outcome may never be known to us. The reason i found it so sad was that they never achieved their goal and after all they went through together they no longer know each other and continue on with their lives as if it never happened. A clever spin on the theory/belief of reincarnation but leaves us wanting more and deciding for ourselves what the outcome is rather than giving us a straight answer.

I avoided it for the longest time,but after finally getting round to watching the whole series I truly fell in love.I seem to adore animes that can make me cry...err a lot ^^ I would recommend it a thousand times over :D Aaah Tsume <3

TRASHBAT said:
I avoided it for the longest time,but after finally getting round to watching the whole series I truly fell in love.I seem to adore animes that can make me cry...err a lot ^^ I would recommend it a thousand times over :D Aaah Tsume <3

Lol Tsume is a legend, it s definitely him or Toboe for my fave character.

Sorry for... You know.. Resurrecting this thread. I made the effort to finish off the series, Since I missed the last few when they aired and AC doesn't seem to be playing a repeat anytime soon. It was actually really sad. And now as I'm writing this, Its been like 10 minutes since the last OVA ended and its getting sadder as I think about it and what could have been.

This series is one I need to re watch, It really has that feel to it. Some I want to and I never can because it is repetition. This one, I think I might be able to watch it over and over.

Score and Animation are terrific. Johnny Bosch for the choice off Kiba is brilliant, There is a reason why he is one off the best American VA's. Thats not to say that the others done poorly. All off the dub actors are above average.

Its over.

-cries-

Back