Wish List

Kendarr

Brigade Leader
My wish list:

Darker Then Black - after watching cowboy bebop and loving it i wanted to watch an anime by the same stuido, is it any good?

Hellgirl - looks interesting.....not really heard much about it?

Speed grapher - been meaning to by this for ages but the idea of a 15 year old working in a brothel puts me off? is it wrong to? lol

Claymore

Say you walked into a shop and had to buy one of the above, which one would it be?

come on guys i need your opinions!

I'd buy Hellgirl. None of the others are on my wishlist at all. Hellgirl looks creepy, somewhat artistic, moody and low on action. It looks like my kind of thing (I'm just waiting for a set because my house is full of DVDs).

DtB and Claymore seem to have vocal fan followings so either is probably a good choice if the premise interests you. I haven't seen SG and fewer people seem to rave about it but I doubt the reservations you have about the premise are dealt with too badly in the show itself. Looks like the sort of show I'd grab if it was a really good deal for some relatively mindless entertainment.

R

Speed Grapher! I marathon watched it with a friend and it was awesome!! I have to buy it as i think we got a little drunk and i forget the ending.

Hell Girl is too repetitive each episode for me to buy it because I'd only watch it once or twice.

Darker Than Black was good, but my favourite character Havoc is only in it for a short time and the plot wasn't gripping enough for me.

Claymore I keep meaning to watch, looks violent and cool!

Probably Claymore because its a series I 've been meaning to get around to seeing!

Although Hellgirl does look interesting as well so I might get a bit of both!

I've seen Both "Claymore" and "Darker than Black". Loved both series for different reasons however Claymore definately has the edge here. The series is great however the manga is awesome.

Just get both when you can afford it :p

I thought the Claymore anime was really good, OST is awesome too, manga is a bit crap though tbh.

One thing I'd actually WISH for is GUNNM to be animated again and same with Berserk, but have OVAs instead.

Darker than Black is a good option; it's slightly pretentious and lacks a conclusive ending (2nd series anyone?) but the concept of 'contractors' with powers at a cost is interesting.

Claymore is a decent action fantasy, though frankly it lacked depth and more complex character development. Certainly worth a look though.

Death Note - 2nd in my top 5, so it's obvious I'd want it. I'm waiting (seemingly forever) for Manga to release a box set...and I'm hoping they don't release two.

Code Geass (S1) - 3rd in my top 5. It's too bad The Buzz will charge an arm and a leg for it.

Naruto: R1 Vol. 8-10 box sets - I only need three more to complete my collection. I'll probably be waiting awhile with the weakness of the pound stopping me wanting to import them.

Evangelion: R1 Vol. 1 - I'm after it to complete my boxed set. It's a pain since I'd cost a lot to import just Vol. 1 alone...

When They Cry: Vol. 4-6 - I have Vol. 1-3 + the art box.

Claymore: It's in my top 10, so I'd like to own it on DVD at some point.

Death Note volume 4
Death Note: The Last Name and L:Change The World (Yeah, Death Note Christmas much?)

Dead Leaves (Seen clips of it, looks pretty funny)

Azumanga Daioh boxset (My old DVDs got damaged when my bedroom get remodeled without any warning. D: )

When They Cry: Higurashi if it gets a UK release. Because there's no chance I'd be able to get an all-regions DVD player this Christmas. D:

Kezwick_Osaka said:
When They Cry: Higurashi if it gets a UK release. Because there's no chance I'd be able to get an all-regions DVD player this Christmas. D:
Our wonderful BBFC means that's not likely to ever happen. They have a problem with violence against children, and a major problem with children inflicting violence on one another - and that more or less describes Higurashi. And all this in an "appealing to kids" animation? If a child attempting to hang herself in Paranoia Agent still got an 18 after cuts we'd probably be looking at the first outright ban for a while.

Can you unlock your DVD player? Just try googling it's model number and "region unlock" (I'm starting to sound like a stuck record here, I'd have this as a sig if we were allowed :p) If not one you can unlock won't be expensive, mine's a Toshiba that only cost £20.

Kendarr said:
anyone heard of the galaxy railways and is it any good?
I enjoyed the Galaxy Express 999 film (Adieu less so) and am currently watching some of the OVA's. Haven't seen Galaxy Railways but it's a pretty big franchise. I'd recommend you try out the 999 film and see if it appeals to you.

And since this is turning into a Father Christmas style wish list I'd like the following please:
1. Japanese Patlabor 1&2 Blu's. ::cries at exchange rate::
2. A Massive 1080p TV.
3. An English Dirty Pair TV Release.

Back