Winners of the Anime UK News banner competition

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
To kick off the new year in style, Anime UK News has confirmed the winning entries of our recent banner competition are the two amusing graphics created by WTFDaveMustaine [1][2] and the chibi-style effort by adamcube [1].

We received a great number of entries, some technically amazing graphics, and the final decision was tough; the deciding factor being how much each entry suited the Anime UK News colour scheme. We only planned to using one of these banners - but all three were worthy champions.

Big thanks to Mini-Mariah, Ponos, Janus, Squishee-Hippo, JAKEMAN, Xelis, MonkeyFunk, chronicdevil, Jetsam, Aiysle and Broleta for taking the time to enter along with WTFDaveMustaine and adamcube.

Since WTFDaveMustaine created two winning banners - he gets first choice of the prizes (choose one of the options and PM me). adamcube - Please send me preferably your first and second choice of prize. (All these are listed in the banner competition thread)

Thanks again everyone for entering.. I think these new banners add a nice and light hearted edge to the site :)

Am I right thinking that that yellow girl has BANANAS in her hair?!

Genius. Just… If only I had thought of that myself (and if I had then I would have used a more impressive font and an accent on the e). But even if I did have time to make such a thing I would never have been able to also think up all those other characters or to master the Angelic Layer-style jelly sweet eyes.

…And sorry to ask but, is there by any chance as full length image of the banana girl? It can be in black and white, I'm to just curious as to your ideas on how the banana halves end and what the bottom of her dress is like.

And I'm sorry to be a grammar nazi or aspie or what ever you call them here, but the "Thats" in "That's a hate crime!!" needs to have a an accent before the s. "Thats" is not a word in itself and neither is it an abbreviation of "That is", it simply complete nonsense. And unlike Azumanga Daioh, nonsense in this case does not = amusement. It would also be nice if "Think different." had a small d and slightly clearer full stop to make it more Apple-like, but these are relatively minor and purely cosmetic issues when one considers the ingenious linking of Apple, lain and Trigun all into one small logo. ^_^

Turtleheart said:
Am I right thinking that that yellow girl has BANANAS in her hair?!

Genius. Just… If only I had thought of that myself (and if I had then I would have used a more impressive font and an accent on the e). But even if I did have time to make it I would never have been able to also think up all those other characters and do the Angelic Layer-style jelly sweet eyes.

…And sorry to ask but, is there by any chance as full length image of the banana girl? It can be in black and white, I'm to just curious as to your ideas on how the banana halves end and what the bottom of her dress is like.

It's just an image I found somewhere... I think it's an internet meme character. I found the image quite a while ago, so I don't have it anymore, sorry. I'll keep an eye out, and if I find it again, I'll post :D .

for some unknown reason I can't see the new banner when using windows. could be Norton thinking it's an AD though. Looks good from the Ubuntu end of the scale. Nice work, beats my graphically challenged piece anyday. :)

Congratulations you guys, i think it's nice to add a bit of humour to the site, my favourite is the 'think different' one :). Also i really like how it changes each time, theres something similar on animemusicvideos.org which i thought was good

X_nick_X said:
Erm you sure i can't see it :shock:

Hit Alt + F5. That should forcefully clear out your cache and refresh the page. The banners have been up since Monday.

Congratulations to the winners, and M.G sends praise to the other forum users who submitted entries.

I have no design talent whatsoever, so I am always impressed by people who do!

M.G xx

Back