Will there be a new Big Three?

To be fair though, nearly every Japanese ( young adult) person I've met in the last couple years have told me they love One Piece, even going as far as recommending I watch it. I admit I've never seen it even once, but I do find it's consistent popularity bizarre. Am I the only one who finds Luffy's manic stare deeply unsettling?

Anyway, forget this lot, we need a Shojo top 3. I want to follow the romantic exploits of a young woman through teenage years into her early twenties, and share all her triumphs and heart breaks along the way. Why don't they make long running shojo like this?

Demelza said:
Food Wars probably has the most potential right now as people seem to have really taken to it and heck, I have no interest in cooking whatsoever but I've grown really fond of the series! Really it comes down to what the series has left to do after the school setting, it's future at that point will depend on where it goes I would have said.
Did I already tell you that I've actually started applying some of the techniques explained in Food Wars into my own cooking, with positive results? Not only is it entertaining, but it's educational =3.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if, with a new series slated for 2016 and the creator's public indecision over how he's going to end the manga, Attack On Titan could easily develop into another high profile, ongoing series.

In a sense, I'm already halfway prepared for this, given the existing anime's cop-out ending. But then, more of it would hardly be a bad thing as I'm concerned.

I don't know - barring a second wave of Western enthusiasm from the forthcoming second season / a Western live action remake, I think some of the AoT fever is starting to dim now. I remain willing to be proved wrong though. I still think there's a lot of untapped potential in the property. I think it *needs* proper mass-market Western acceptance now though - I feel it's kinda peaked within the otaku audience.

Ian Wolf said:
Many people claim that One Piece, Bleach and Naruto are the "Big Three" anime, but given that Naruto has now ended and Bleach is nearing its end, does anyone else think there are any other series at the moment that will become a new Big Three?

Just as aside I'm impressed that going from what I've read that in spite of some ups & downs, especially since the time jump, that One Piece still seems in remarkable good health quality wise.

Back