Will i get charged import or any other fees?

Since it's below the threshold for customs charging it should get through without any charges, but if you do get an item that is over the limit you can avoid the extortionate handling fees charged by royal fail and parcel farce by using one shipping method which allows you to pay any tax that would be due through Amazon (the charges would be an estimate, but you would get any overpayment back).

demonix said:
Since it's below the threshold for customs charging it should get through without any charges, but if you do get an item that is over the limit you can avoid the extortionate handling fees charged by royal fail and parcel farce by using one shipping method which allows you to pay any tax that would be due through Amazon (the charges would be an estimate, but you would get any overpayment back).
I tend not to order items that are over the threshold unless its something that i really wan't, i am also planning on ordering another item from amazon.com from a marketplace seller which totals to about £11 that's including the postage but the shipping is fulfilled by amazon, if i order both items at the same time will they both get combined?, should i order them separate or does it not matter?

Sora Takeuchi said:
demonix said:
I tend not to order items that are over the threshold unless its something that i really wan't, i am also planning on ordering another item from amazon.com from a marketplace seller which totals to about £11 that's including the postage but the shipping is fulfilled by amazon, if i order both items at the same time will they both get combined?, should i order them separate or does it not matter?
Marketplace items that state that they are fulfilled by amazon means that they have the item in their warehouse, so ordering both at the same time will likely mean that they'll be sent together and will take the total over the limit.

demonix said:
Sora Takeuchi said:
demonix said:
Marketplace items that state that they are fulfilled by amazon means that they have the item in their warehouse, so ordering both at the same time will likely mean that they'll be sent together and will take the total over the limit.
Should i order one of them and wait until it has been dispatched and then order the other one?

Yes

Or order one after the other changing the delivery address (change the name to a shorten name or initial)

Hard to tell really, customs charged me for DBZ and JL S1 from Amazon (was just under $40) Last time I buy from Amazon, make me wait 3 weeks and get charged customs, regret not going with up1!
However, I purchased Clannad after story (waiting for S1 now) from eBay same price and no custom charge.

As I mentioned yesterday, somehow the item I ordered on Amazon UK's marketplace All Your Music (B Gata H Kei LE) managed to avoid customs/VAT despite paying £39 (including £1 postage). Strange...

NormanicGrav said:
As I mentioned yesterday, somehow the item I ordered on Amazon UK's marketplace All Your Music (B Gata H Kei LE) managed to avoid customs/VAT despite paying £39 (including £1 postage). Strange...

I always use All Your Music if I can, haven't been charged once with them. Strange really.

Dan said:
NormanicGrav said:

I always use All Your Music if I can, haven't been charged once with them. Strange really.

Well it took 2 days to dispatch and 7 days to arrive, that's very good for my standards. If UP1 are unable to get Shiki: Part 2 then I might use them again since my last item arrived perfectly fine.

It depends on if they import it on your behalf (and it gets sent on from a UK warehouse or company), or if it's imported directly to you from America.

And the luck of the draw with customs, some items slip though under the net, some items get caught.

Is it safe to order of amazon.jp? I have found something that i want which costs 1700 Yen including postage, is their a different import limit for their or is it still £15?Also do the Japanese releases of anime have english subtitles?

Sora Takeuchi said:
Is it safe to order of amazon.jp? I have found something that i want which costs 1700 Yen including postage, is their a different import limit for their or is it still £15?Also do the Japanese releases of anime have english subtitles?
Amazon JP only seems to offer one method of postage which is by courier. All VAT is prepaid so it doesn't get stopped on the way and I usually get items from them in 2 or 3 days. The price on checkout will be slightly different as Amazon JP deducts the 5% sales tax included in the list price. If you're talking about a marketplace seller I've found that many of them don't ship internationally.

In regards to JP releases with English subtitles - very few of them do. It's best to look up whether a series you want has Engsub/dub included. This would be a good place to start.

What i am planning on ordering is Toradora its also from am market place seller, i could not find whether or not it has subtitles on the list so i will have to have a look round to see if it has. So i shoulden't get any fees added on from ordering right?

Sora Takeuchi said:
What i am planning on ordering is Toradora its also from am market place seller, i could not find whether or not it has subtitles on the list so i will have to have a look round to see if it has. So i shoulden't get any fees added on from ordering right?
It has no Subtitles. The BD Box doesn't have any either. You'll be lucky if anyone will ship it abroad anyway.
You do realise that's only one volume of 8 right?

Back