Will Gatchaman Collector’s Edition work on PS4?

Hi.
First post. I hope it’s in the right section. Please move if not.
Does anyone know if the US blu ray release of Gatchaman: Collector’s Edition (released 2019) would work on a UK PS4?
I believe it’s region A, and from a quick Google I can’t find anything that says it would run properly. I’d intended to pick it up from Amazon at some point.
Thank you.

Hi.
First post. I hope it’s in the right section. Please move if not.
Does anyone know if the US blu ray release of Gatchaman: Collector’s Edition (released 2019) would work on a UK PS4?
I believe it’s region A, and from a quick Google I can’t find anything that says it would run properly. I’d intended to pick it up from Amazon at some point.
Thank you.
Hello, the 2019 release of Gatchaman by Sentai Filmworks is geo-locked, which will work if the Country Code is set to United States. For some reason, all PlayStation (PS3, PS4 & probably PS5) and Xbox One will play geo-locked US discs from Sentai Filmworks, Maiden Japan and ADV Films if they were released from 2015 onwards.

Thank you.
I read earlier during a Google search that a PS4 can only have it’s country code switched four times before it then stays in that format permanently.
Is that correct?
I think I’ll have to pass if that’s going to be the case, which is a shame as I’d really love to pick up the box set.
I have a multi-region DVD player but not blu ray sadly and so use my console.

Back