Why is Gundam Wing volume 2 so hard to find?

NitroEx

Completely Average High School Student
A while ago I purchased The Anime Legends Gundam Wing "complete collection" 1/2 and was prepared to get the second one just for the sake of completion and I was genuinely interested how the story ended since I never watched it on Toonami as a child. Unfortunately it seems like the second box set is ridiculously hard to track down as I can't seem to find it anywhere. Most places online are sold out and the one place I did find it had a ridiculous price tag.

So is there a reason it's so hard to find? Was it poor sales or something?

Beez went under or perhaps rather it was Bandai shutting up shop in the US that had a knock on effect.

I'd also assume the 2nd set would of had fewer chances to have additional runs done.

-edit- having a random thought that I might of seen a copy in my local CEX, i'll check tommorow

The short answer is because it is out of print.

Other than simply less of it having been made, perhaps a lot of it went up in the DADC fire?

Shiroi Hane said:
Other than simply less of it having been made, perhaps a lot of it went up in the DADC fire?

Good point, i forgot all about that, as I recall Beez had quite a bit of stock stored there

IIRC Beez lost everything that wasn't already out there in stores. I don't know what shows they got around to reprinting before being shut down.

CEX don't even have part 2 listed on their website.

Rosencrantz said:
Beez went under or perhaps rather it was Bandai shutting up shop in the US that had a knock on effect.

I'd also assume the 2nd set would of had fewer chances to have additional runs done.

-edit- having a random thought that I might of seen a copy in my local CEX, i'll check tommorow
Bandai ent was shuttered by Bandai, I assume the same happened to Beez.
No knock on effect just the Japanese parent company decided it wanted to shut them. See the recent ANN podcast.

Back