why is cowboy bepbop so popular

vashdaman said:
How was it different, though? Not saying it wasn't, but its been a long while since I've seen it, and I I just remember it being like an extra long, extra big budgeted episode that could have been slotted in the middle of the series.

I just think the percentage of cool action sequences was higher, or at least it seemed that way heh.

it just felt cool.

It seemed to capture everything that was cool without coming across as trying to hard.

It felt like it was the first really 'Grown up' anime series I had seen after growing with Pokemon and Gundam W.

Its an awesome series overall - 10 years+ old and its still better than some of the new stuff. I remember first watching it on CNX I believe. Quite easily sits in my top 10 anime...not to mention it also introduced me to the world of jazz and Yoko Kanno's music.

i know bepop was on toonami but cant remember it being on CNX or was it?

P.S. thats nostalgia talking theres loads of good new titles e.g. black butler that was awesome

All the pros of the show have been expressed in this thread so I need not say why I adore the series, have done from the start. And I found all the characters appealing.

You think Faye's a bitch, but as the series progresses we learn why she has a barrier to stop anyone getting too close to her. She was hurt, betrayed, royally screwed over. I think experiencing what she did (cryogenically frozen ((<- spelling?)) and waking to find massive debt in her name) it's understandable she'd happily screw anyone else because to a wronged person I guess it seems fair. (I don't know, I'm not that way inclined.)
I love Faye. Man, she was probably my first anime crush (, or did I see NGE first which would make it Misato?). Darn she's hot. I mean her habits leave a lot to be desired but she's real. Women aren't perfect, people aren't perfect, and I love how the show demonstrates the characters flaws as well as the good/admirable traits.

As for fave episodes, there are some fantastic episodes but those that deserve a mention are Toys in the Attic (good fun), Jupiter Jazz part 2 (awesome and Faye in THAT dress.. *nosebleed*), Pierrot Le Fou (flippin' creepy!!), Cowboy Funk (excellent. Funny stuff!), The Real Folk Blues part 2 (action packed, emotionally charged, very impressive).
Hmm.. guess I coulda tried to narrow it down a bit more.... naaaaaah!

Back