Why does sony hate it's customers?

skikes

Stand User
So I finally got around to upgrading the hard drive on my ps3. One problem, I can't remember the password to my psn account and the e-mail address is wrong, it's registered with .com instead of .co.uk. The one and only way around this? Name 5 of your psn friends. I don't even think I have 5 psn friends! Who remembers that? Who remembers names with numbers and smiley faces? Name 5 people everyone who turns on your playstation can see... SERIOUSLY!? WTF SONY? I phoned up customer support 3 times and spoke to a manager hoping that the previous 3 advisors were just pulling my dick but no, that is Sony's one and only security check. I can tell them my visa details, everything I have purchased on psn, all my personal details like DOB, ya know private things? But no, they want me to name 5 psn friends. I tried to register the .com as a real address so I could recover the password but it turns out it's taken by a real person, who has been receiving my personal details. I told Sony this and they basically told me "tough luck. Cancel your visa. Everything you have purchased is gone. Good luck with it"
After screaming at the manager for a half hour they finally said they would send the issue to "head office" yeah right. That was 3 days ago and I haven't heard back. What to do...?

Okay, i've had my fair share of problems with the customer "support" desk.

Had to call them as i'd managed to get to my 5th console with my psn on it and was asking for all permissions to be reset to 0 again. After a hour long call, 30 mins of that waiting to speak to this rude guy, i was told pretty much the same thing "well send it onto head office" this.... is a f***ing lie. It took a further 2 calls on other days to speak to a woman who was abit more caring than the others, i played dumb for the call and said "oh i didn't know i wasn't meant to put my psn on other ps3s, i thought it was unlimited?" anyway, in the end she got it sorted.

Do you remember the email address you used to set it up? have you tried to reset it on your computer? (by going onto the playstation website and trying to log in) If not then give it a go, it maybe that your account details just need updating and there's a proper "forgot your password?" on the actual website.

Hey i saw you'd unlocked trophies the other day (facebook) so you must have had access to it not long ago? :S

Short answer? Anyone who has to deal with customers for long enough will eventually come to hate them.

Tachi said:
Do you remember the email address you used to set it up? have you tried to reset it on your computer? (by going onto the playstation website and trying to log in) If not then give it a go, it maybe that your account details just need updating and there's a proper "forgot your password?" on the actual website.

Hey i saw you'd unlocked trophies the other day (facebook) so you must have had access to it not long ago? :S

I'm still able to play games but just not online. It's my psn account that's only used for online gaming and playstation store. I do know the email address that was used to set it up but it's not actually my email address, I typed .com instead of .co.uk when I registered. I did visit their website to reset the password but unfortunately the password reset is currently not available due to site maintenance. I tried registering the .com as a real address but it turns out it is actually someones real email address who has been receiving all my personal details.

I don't understand how sony can basically just tell me I'm screwed. It's my account and I can give them more than enough information to prove it's my account I just can't name 5 friends.

Hmm, well as your trophy data updates on your facebook i'd say that you could atleast log in right? why don't you have it set to remember your password lol.

Sony are right in what they say in this case though, as you don't have access to the email account the psn account is set to, one possibility is to try and reset your password when the site is working again, then email the email address and ask them to reply with the link to the password reset. log into your psn and change the email address its connected to.

Failing that there's nothing Sony can do to change your email address..... as for knowing 5 friends, do you know atleast 3 friends? If you give me your psn ID i've got 2 accounts that i cann add you as a friend and hopefully that should keep sony happy.

On an unrelated note... when the hell did i become a Great Teacher? i like this :p

Tachi said:
as for knowing 5 friends, do you know atleast 3 friends? If you give me your psn ID i've got 2 accounts that i cann add you as a friend and hopefully that should keep sony happy.

Oh nice one... that could work. I think I remember one of them lol and I have a few friends I can add. But don't you have to accept friend requests?

I have 2 accounts too, add them both. Skikes and Hartexx. Hartexx is the one I'm having problems with. It's the one I use for purchasing stuff off of psn because when you move countries you can't change your address to a different country so I couldn't purchase stuff with my Irish registered visa.

You may get away with it for having friend requests.

Try my first suggestion first though, it may work.
I'll add em when i get home at 6.30

Tachi said:
You may get away with it for having friend requests.

Try my first suggestion first though, it may work.
I'll add em when i get home at 6.30

Cool thanks, I think that email isn't in use any more. I googled it and it just came up with all these posts from body building forums from 2008.

Haha, so defo not you then ;) no problems, i guess its handy to have a seperate account for downloads (i have a UK spare, a USA alt and Japanese Alt) Good times.

Tachi said:
Haha, so defo not you then ;) no problems, i guess its handy to have a seperate account for downloads (i have a UK spare, a USA alt and Japanese Alt) Good times.

Yeah definitely not me lol Yeah I used to have a USA, Japan and Hong Kong account too.

Back