Why did the Tsukihime Manga English Releases Stop?

DrMaster released the first 6 volumes of the manga. But as they havent updated their tweeter since Sept 09 and the mainsite itself hasnt been updated since 08 then i would think its unlikely we will see the last 3 volumes

Bit of a shame really as the Lunar Legend manga is quite a few steps above the anime version :(

CloudedMinds said:
Bit of a shame really as the Lunar Legend manga is quite a few steps above the anime version :(

True I liked the series and know that the manga was a lot better than the anime in every way.

Reaper gI said:
The publisher died, hope someone rescues it.

Ah, now I feel bad for complaining, if anyone would pick this up I would assume Tokyo pop would since they are doing fate/stay night.

More likely to be Yen Press or Seven Seas not Tokyopop, being Media Works.
Also it's technicaly a different Type-Moon, Tsukihime being as a doujin circle, F/SN being profesional as a company.

Hence the "technicaly", it isn't differnt people or anything.
F/SN is published by Notes (still Nasu and Takeuchi) not Type-Moon, the same as for the Kara no Kyoukai movies.

The manga is held be differnt people though being a differnt mangaka and publisher.

Didn't mean to post tonight since i'm falling asleep typing this but, saw the thread and couldn't resist.

I did often wonder why Tsukihime releases were so...spaced out, I mean i thought it had a schedule of a volume a year. However looks like the french may be getting more releases looking at this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tsukihime-7...0974/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293758769&sr=8-1

There's also a listing for tome 8. A disclaimer would have to be that the french releases could be nothing like the english ones in terms of how many chapters per volume so tome 8 could really be volume 6 but my gut is telling me otherwise...Shame I did so badly at French in school.

Reaper gI said:
Hence the "technicaly", it isn't differnt people or anything.
F/SN is published by Notes (still Nasu and Takeuchi) not Type-Moon, the same as for the Kara no Kyoukai movies.

The manga is held be differnt people though being a differnt mangaka and publisher.
Type-Moon is still the branding for F/SN - check the back of your box where it says the rights to this work's data etc etc belong to

TYPE-MOON/Notes Corp.

I wasn't arguing with you about the various publishers for the two manga series.

Still Haven't done anything scince September 2009.
Unless they actualy give a press release for something or start doing reprints they're dead.

Back